UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kang the Conqueror discussion

Mirymate

Avengers Forever is one of the few comics I own in three formats: I read the issues when they came out; then a friend of mine gave me the TPB when he bought the HC; then I found a cheap copy of the HC at a con and couldn't resist. It's a great book. Too bad the Avengers haven't been the Avengers since Busiek left....

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avengers Forever is one of the few comics I own in three formats: I read the issues when they came out; then a friend of mine gave me the TPB when he bought the HC; then I found a cheap copy of the HC at a con and couldn't resist. It's a great book. Too bad the Avengers haven't been the Avengers since Busiek left....

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I actually had two different tpb versions and gave one away to a friend who really enjoyed it. She even asked me which characters they made as minimates and was bummed there wasn't a you-know-who.

(I'm gonna preface this by saying I skimmed some of the above posts. Didn't read them all. So take that into consideration here...)

I know Kang has something to do with Iron Lad... and Apocalypse's Powers... but I've never been completely clear on what, in either case. I'm an X-Men fan, so I don't know a whole lot of extra detail about Kang beyond... he's a confusing time-traveling Avengers villain.

And Kang IS one confusing ass character, continuity wise. He's like... the DC Universe in general.

I mean is there even ONE Kang? Or are there several? Like most other multiverse characters? I feel like that's usually the problem. I never know if things Kang was reported to be responsible for actually had anything to do with Kang Kang, or some other Kang. Iron Lad being a prime example. As far as I'm aware he IS Kang... but he's not a big evil jerk for some reason... and wears Tony Stark clothes... and I don't know why it makes sense that both Iron Lad and Kang can both be Kang.

I mean X-Man and Cable are the same guy, but at least they're different guys! Know what I mean? They even had the good sense to take different last names.

Edited by Gillbob316

If a Kang the Conquerer minimate is to be made, he must come with THESE two accessories:

1) His invisible beanbag chair

kang.jpg

2) A pitcher of lemonade

SSS-Kang02.jpg

Add those to items and I'll buy four sets.

2) A pitcher of lemonade

SSS-Kang02.jpg

Add those to items and I'll buy four sets.

After I saw that Lemonade panel, this was straight where my mind went...

422264330_b3193a0abd_b.jpg

I used to buy comics from the quarter bins at my local store... as such I had lots of lame worthless comics from the 70s in my earlier childhood. I swear, those Hostess ads were the only thing that made alot of them worth buying, lolz...

Edited by Gillbob316

• 1 month later...

Thor wasn't Minimated until Wave 16. Toad appeared in concept art at the launch of Minimates and still has not been made in Minimate form. Yet one name reigns supreme in the annals of Minimate history as the Marvel character most needing Minimatization:

KANG!

He is the battle cry of the Minimate-fanatic. The holiest of holy grails. The one spurned Marvelite who's never invited to the big dance. Wave after wave, yet no Kang. Lockjaw, check. White Tiger, check. Bucky, at least two - check. C'mon!!!

Sound off if you love or hate Kang, and give us your argument for making or not making:

A KANG MINIMATE!

Is that a picture of him in your profile picture, can you post that I want to see it bigger?

I mean, sure, make him, they only have 1,200 other guys anyways, and you can bet half of those are doubles and up :P So boring

We need more originals!! I like them without the bulky gear and constraining outfits, and more in raw form, like Xavier without his wussy blanket and suit and tie. If they could make the battle beasts like him with tons of detailed paint, and gear, that could be much cooler. Sorry for the tangent :)

Kang would be cool too after seeing him in the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Hero's cartoon. He was right about to tune them up Real hard. He should have one that fight. Also will I'm thinking of it, his boys were pretty rowdy too, they could stop time and do sh*t. How they ever lose that fight is beyond me. They might be cool in minimate form too.

Edited by The Man With No Name

He is a major Avengers villain. The animated Avengers series really sealed the deal on his bad-assery when they featured him in a sweet two part episode. If that wasn't reason enough to have a Kang minimate made, the fact that next year will debut the live action Avengers movie should be. If DST follows their pattern of releasing a movie wave followed by a comic inspired wave, Kang should be a shoe-in.

In the 50 years of modern Marvel history, a lot of teams have come and gone. The Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Avengers have endured. Of the three, the Avengers have boasted the largest roster, unless of course you count the entire population of Uptopia as members of the team, and one of the most unbroken histories in Marvel. The Avengers have a long and varied rogues gallery which crosses over into just about everyone elses, but three names rise to the top: Kang, Ultron, and the Masters of Evil. In minimates, we have an Ultron, we have various members of the Masters of Evil (though their most successful leaders are still missing), but no Kang.

Kang has always been considered dangerous, and he was the major villain in the Celestial Madonna storyline, condisidered one of the best in the book's long history. Over and over he crossed swords with Earth's Mightiest, always trying to test his might against the first worthy foes he'd encountered in literal ages. But it was at the turn of this past century that under Kurt Busik that Kang really showed how bad ass he could be by showing up with the full force of his army and successfuly conquering the Earth. A similar story in the recent Avengers cartoon exposed even more fans to just how cool Kang is.

Kang has also battled the Fantastic Four, Excalibur, the X-Men, even the crew of the Enterprise D. And as a side note, he's a crucial part of the origin of Apocolypse.

In short, he deserves a minimate.

Make Kang!!

There's no argument against making him. Kang has been a focal point of Avengers (and thus Marvel) history for decades. He's been a major player in stories from Secret Wars to Avengers Forever to Young Avengers. He was even intended to be the major bad guy in the original Avengers/JLA crossover. He's one of Marvel's great villains; perhaps not at the level of Dr. Doom, but not far behind.

As an action figure, Kang's been made twice (that I know of): once as part of the original Secret Wars set; and once again by Toy Biz as part of their Fantastic Four Marvel Legends sub-line. That second figure, which was not shipped to much of the country, proved so rare, and so sought after, that Hasbro took the unprecedented step of rereleasing him in a regular Marvel Legends wave. Clearly, there's a demand for the character.

I think everybody here knows how I feel about him. I also think there's another Kang topic on the boards you can check to see some others opinions of him. It may've rolled to page 2 by now, though.

another topic? He's mentioned in half the threads on this board...

I also think there's another Kang topic on the boards you can check to see some others opinions of him. It may've rolled to page 2 by now, though.

Some may call the followers of Kang fanatics, but let none that pass these halls call them organized :tongue:

:buttrock:BY THE POWER OF KANG I MERGE THESE THREADS INTO ONE BUNDLED JOY OF KANGY GOODNESS :buttrock:

side note: Kang should be the new Smurf. It works just as well as Smurf does, for example "I'm having a smurfing good time"/"I'm having a kanging good time" or even "You're out of your smurfin mind, why don't you go smurf yourself in the smurfs"/"You're out of your kangin mind, why don't you go kang yourself in the kangs".

See, works just as well and it's more fuel for the kanging Kang movement!

Please excuse the pimpage...

mmKang.jpg

Hey DST! If I can do it why cant you? Scared mine will be better?

Oh snap! You just kicked DST in the Kangs. Kang ya bothers, time we rolled up and started kanging some DST Kang.

We got em running kang. KANG IT UP!!!!

PS: My avatar Kang was stolen from some kang named Luke. He runs a kang called Kang's Kang Store.