UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke's 1/6 Scale Customs and Collection

luke314pi

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Cap today! And of course the first thing to do after getting a $250 figure is to attack it with paint, sandpaper, charcoal powder, and x-acto blades, right?

I weathered and damaged his leather jacket, dirtied up all of his clothing and straps, and added a little dirt to his face. I also scraped over the painted shield scratches to make them more realistic, and added additional scratches and dirt. I figured that Cap uses the edges of his shield sometimes, and on the USO shield, the edges would show a lot of wear.

cap2-2.jpg

cap1-1.jpg

cap3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool. What are your thoughts on him, Luke? I've considered just buying a head to 'bash my own generic Nazi Red Skull for a fraction of the price of the full figure. Or even giving him the old green pajamas if I could ever find some.

cScKI.jpg

Both head sculpts are VERY impressive, probably the best in my collection. I haven't tried putting on his coat yet, and I have heard that is a pain, but so far I have absolutely no complaints. Now I just need to find a slim TT for a reasonable price. I can't believe how expensive they are now!

I always like looking at your mods on these type of figures. I have never felt the urge to drop the cash on anything like this myself.

Ok on to the point of my post I think the red skull is the first figure I have seen posted as it comes frome the makers and I agree the head looks great but I find the stitching on the outfit a little off putting.

I dont know if its that the stitches just look big for the scale of figure but somthing just glares out at me.

I got a TrueType slim figure for a reasonable price, so now I can display him both ways:

redskull3.jpg

I picked up the following items for him from Toy Soldier Brigade for about $11:

DRAGON German M35 Field Blouse (Hubert Metzger)

Dragon German Officer/Calvary Boots

Dragon German M42 Panzer Trousers - Black (Oblt. Ernst von Bauer 2)

• 3 months later...

I got a giant box in the mail today, with none other than Iron Monger inside!

monger01.jpg

With my custom Final Battle Iron Man Mark III:

monger03.jpg

"Hey, this looks important!"

monger02.jpg

Size comparison:

monger04.jpg

Playing outside:

monger05.jpg

monger06.jpg

This figure is VERY impressive, with a lot of weight, well-hidden joints, insanely bright LEDs, and a display presence like no other HT figure that I have. This one was worth the price tag for me.

Wow, very impressive. This is the first I've seen of in-hand pics. I wonder how it would display with Sideshow's Hulkbuster Iron Man statue (which was supposedly about 1/6 scale).

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, I got mine yesterday too. My first impressions are that it is a lot lighter than I expected, but feels extremely solidly built. I played with all the features last night, and everything moves and works very well. If you are on the fence, I would jump on this one while you can Sam, a lot of places are sold out already. OMG's pix last month really helped the pre-sales dry up.

I'm really not interested in this one. I enjoyed the movie (watched it last night coincidentally), but I'm not a hardcore Iron Man or villain collector. Looks great though, and I'm glad you guys are digging it.

Yeah, I am glad they made Iron Monger, but I am not in a rush to get one. There was a lot of talk that he was to cost prohibitive, but he seems to be selling nicely.

Seeing the static size comparison, and having recently seen IM again, I really, really wish they had not felt the need to handicap the fight between these two. Would have loved to see a straight up fight between them.

• 4 months later...

I needed a well tailored men's suit and body for another custom (The Silence from Doctor Who), and I had the opportunity to get the Enterbay Agent K from Men in Black for only $110 shipped, so I picked it up and replaced the head on my Colonel Phillips custom. My original head (seen here) wasn't terrible, but I much prefer the new one. :)

colonelphillips_zpsd18601a1.jpg