• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest custom is finished!

Raza from Iron Man

raza03.jpg

raza04.jpg

raza02.jpg

raza05.jpg

He is based on the starter kit sold here, with some changes such as modifying the head sculpt slightly. Some of his clothes were <ahem> sewn by me, and others were store bought. The last pic obviously has the bright coal photoshopped in, but I do like the pose, so I am considering running some wires up his arm to a small LED in the tongs. :)

Needs a ring. Where you'd get gawdy costume jewelry for one of these, I don't know.

Aaaaah! Very good then. He really is perfect.

All he needs now is a pair of alternate heads, one with the burn scars, and another with burn scars and a bullet hole in the head. :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

I customized my New Goblin figure to give him his scarred face appearance:

newgoblin1.jpg

newgoblin2.jpg

newgoblin3.jpg

newgoblin4.jpg

First I dremeled the area down, then I built it up with Apoxie Sculpt and textured/painted it. I think it makes the figure look more interesting this way. Unfortunately I have to flip it, as there is no way I can afford all of the upcoming HT releases if I keep him. Someone had to go, and Goblin got the short end of the stick.

I also modified my Thor figure. Inspired by a guy on the Freaks board, I installed a wire in my Thor's cape to give it a little extra flair. I didn't want it blowing sideways or anything, I just wanted a little wind in his sails. :)

thor-1.jpg

Also inspired by another member, I inserted a small cylinder in his back behind his tunic to give it a tighter fit.

That Goblin mod is awesome, Luke! Have you considered doing the mod to Thor's helmet where you make the wings open up a bit? I bought an extra for that purpose, but am afraid I would screw it up. . .come to think of it, I've got a bunch of 1/6th scale custom jobs I would like to do, but keep holding off out of fear of screwing up. Think I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and start up with it at some point. You have inspired me, Luke :highfive2:

Wow, that scarred face looks great! I was surprised they didn't include an official release, but that figure comes with so much already. Sad to see you are selling it, that is a great figure. If the auction doesn't sell for some bizarre reason, and you are interested in parting out the head seperately, let me know.

Did you just add the wire to one side of Thor's cape? Did it require any sewing, or were you able to feed the wire directly into the fabric?

That Goblin mod is awesome, Luke! Have you considered doing the mod to Thor's helmet where you make the wings open up a bit? I bought an extra for that purpose, but am afraid I would screw it up. . .come to think of it, I've got a bunch of 1/6th scale custom jobs I would like to do, but keep holding off out of fear of screwing up. Think I'm gonna have to just bite the bullet and start up with it at some point. You have inspired me, Luke :highfive2:

Glad to hear it! Yes I plan on modding his helmet as well. :)

Did you just add the wire to one side of Thor's cape? Did it require any sewing, or were you able to feed the wire directly into the fabric?

I added it to both sides - and I had to sew a hem make a mighty thread barrier in order to keep the wire in place, otherwise it just flopped around inside the cape.

• 1 month later...

I think the likeness is better in person than in the pictures. He looks like Evans to me. As for the shield, it is so ridiculously shiny that I think it overpowers the rest of the figure from a visual standpoint. I prefer it facing away from the front view, like in my first pic. Then you can really see all of the details in the outfit. My only other gripe with him is that it's hard to get him into really dynamic poses. Part of the problem is the stiff boots. Almost all of my other HT figures have some ankle movement, but Cap doesn't. I am still very pleased with him, and I like this figure even better than Spidey and Thor.