UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke's 1/6 Scale Customs and Collection

luke314pi

Colonel Phillips was one of my favorite characters in the Cap movie, and since the odds are very slim that HT would make him, I decided to customize him:

colonel01.jpg

colonel02.jpg

colonel03.jpg

colonel04.jpg

colonel05.jpg

The head sculpt is from Spenser over at the Freaks board, and I painted it to look like Tommy Lee Jones in this movie. The body and clothing are from a DiD 101st Airborne Division figure. I made several modifications to the clothing to make it more movie accurate. I also changed some of his badges. The lapel badges with the eagle in the circle were cast in pewter for me by Tony Barton. His helmet pin is from OpsGear. His rank bars are custom printed on canvas paper. The WW2 shotgun is from a DiD Barney: USMC Shotgunner.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After youbastards recommended the custom Batman capes over at the Freaks board, I decided to check out the thread. And of course, I ended up buying one. :lol:

batmancape.jpg

I opted for the long velvet one. I wanted it to look kind of like this scene from Batman Dead End:

batman_deadend.jpg

Colonel Phillips was one of my favorite characters in the Cap movie, and since the odds are very slim that HT would make him, I decided to customize him:

Wow, just seeing this for the first time! Nice work!

After youbastards recommended the custom Batman capes over at the Freaks board, I decided to check out the thread. And of course, I ended up buying one. :lol:

batmancape.jpg

I opted for the long velvet one. I wanted it to look kind of like this scene from Batman Dead End:

batman_deadend.jpg

yeah, those capes are so much nicer than the bulky ones that HT ships. I like the long look too, my ideal display would be to position Bats on something tall so the cape can hang down.

yeah, those capes are so much nicer than the bulky ones that HT ships. I like the long look too, my ideal display would be to position Bats on something tall so the cape can hang down.

How about a 1/6 scale Chrysler Eagle? A professional film scene creator is selling them on the Freaks board for £200. It looks really nice, but it doesn't fit into my display or budget.

dsc00051280x762.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the best thing about the Sandman bust is that it can represent Sandman just starting to materialize from the shelf, like that's the only part of his body he formed yet. I get it's supposed to be the "Giant full body Sandman" but i really like the way it turned out.

Great set-up, Luke. Wish i was a bigger Spidey fan to justify the Black Suit, cause it's awesome and i'm a fan of Symbiote Spidey in the comics, but so many other figures have become a bigger priority. Great figure nonetheless i'm sure.

EDIT: And there's an Enterbay Tommy Lee Jones coming if you want an even closer headsculpt for Phillips. :thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

EDIT: And there's an Enterbay Tommy Lee Jones coming if you want an even closer headsculpt for Phillips. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads-up! I searched and found the pics, and it is looking really nice so far.

Hey Luke, how does that sandman prop look with minimates?

Good idea! I will take some pics with it. :)

• 1 month later...

I bought a 12" Character Options Cyberman to go along with the upcoming 11th Doctor figure by Big Chief Studios. The Cyberman was only $15 loose on ebay. I knew he would need some work to bring him up to the level of the Big Chief stuff. I dremeled out his sides, since he looked too wide to me at the waist. I filled in the gaps with plastic hoses. Then I added in dozens of smaller hoses all around his joints. They are very flexible, so he can still move without breaking any of them. The figure has terrible articulation, and I still feel like his head is a little too small, but I didn't have the time to fix those flaws. So after adding the hoses I gave him a new paint job and called it good. Some before/after pics below. :)

cyberman1.jpg

cyberman3.jpg

cyberman4.jpg

cyberman5.jpg

Well, if it makes you feel better, they have terrible articulation on the show as well. :P

Very true. :lol:

that cyberman looks brilliant :D

i know the articulation sucks, but can he do the cyberman salute?

Unfortunately no. :(

i really hope you do get an ood and modify it, id love to see how that comes out...especially if you add an LED light to his communicator ;)

also i wonder if they will ever make a weeping angel :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Similar to my Cyberman repaint, I touched up a Character Options Dalek Sec to make it blend in better with modern 1/6 scale figures. The sculpt was pretty good to begin with, although I did enlarge his eye. I repainted his face and hands, and gave him a new suit from a Triad Toys figure.

Before/After

daleksec1.jpg

daleksec3.jpg

also i wonder if they will ever make a weeping angel :unsure:

I believe Big Chiefs 3rd or 4th 1/6 scale figure is going to be the Weeping Angel. Announced some time ago if I recall.

Luke, those customs/mods look amazing!

EDIT: Luke, did you see that QMX is making a 1/6 scale tardis. They showed it at SDCC.

Edited by pickle