UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Classics

Nah... like MotU, the T-Cats didn't manage to hold enough nostalgia value to prompt spending my personal money. My kids are pretty psyched about the new show based on the comercials, so I figure the new toys will be in my house.

I'm getting them, along with the little Mumm-Ra from the kids line since they didn't really change his character design. My only worry is the Classics line won't last if the new cartoon/toy line don't do well. I want them to get the main team out at least, even if it's unlikely they'll get to later additions like Bengali, one of my favorite figures when I was a kid.

I’m getting these, I’m hoping for two things:

1-quality wise they’re more a kin to the 5inch (but work with 6 inch) Super Posable Teen Titans from a few years ago (at least 6 or so years I guess) then the larger scale Power Rangers I remember from my youth and still think of first when I think “Bandai”. Those Teen Titans were super nice and I keep those versions of Cyborg and Beastboy on my DC shelf since they’re just more fun then the DCUC ones, If the TCC are that nice or that nice + 6 years of toy evolution better I’ll be happy.

2-Scale wise they fit in with the MotUC. They’re selling these as 8inch while MotUC is sold as “6inch” but is actually 7 inch. I’m hoping Lion-O just looks leaner and taller then He-Man (which I always assumed was the case), not that He-Man looks like a dwarf next to a normal Lion-O.

If those two hopes are met I’ll buy them all.

I also fear that if the new cartoon fails we won’t see more Classics... I just want the core characters though so I hope they mainly focus on the Thundercats (counting the 3 ‘new’ ones) and the mutants (with both versions of Mum-Ra) rather then copying MotUC and making EVERYTHING in the show.

I just want the core characters though so I hope they mainly focus on the Thundercats (counting the 3 ‘new’ ones) and the mutants (with both versions of Mum-Ra) rather then copying MotUC and making EVERYTHING in the show.

post-1800-0-15412200-1309647893_thumb.jp

Exactly! I hate those things, did I say something about ’those creepy bear robots’ in this thread or could you just read my hate in my post?... if they want to give me all the mutants and all the thundercats and both mumm-ras, and jaga, and a cool clear jaga ’spirit’ variant, and old man Lion-O from the “Dogs of War” comics, and adult slave Willy Kit and Willy Kat from “the Return” comics, and heck, why not the Dogs of War and their Dinosaur henchmen too... then yeah, I’d be fine with getting a figure of those creepy ass bears (or creepy ass kolas maybe? I don’t even remember what they are aside from looking like Terminator Teddies who just left a burn ward) but not until after those other figures are made.

Exactly! I hate those things, did I say something about 'those creepy bear robots' in this thread or could you just read my hate in my post?... if they want to give me all the mutants and all the thundercats and both mumm-ras, and jaga, and a cool clear jaga 'spirit' variant, and old man Lion-O from the "Dogs of War" comics, and adult slave Willy Kit and Willy Kat from "the Return" comics, and heck, why not the Dogs of War and their Dinosaur henchmen too... then yeah, I'd be fine with getting a figure of those creepy ass bears (or creepy ass kolas maybe? I don't even remember what they are aside from looking like Terminator Teddies who just left a burn ward) but not until after those other figures are made.

Why all the hate for Berbils, Doc? Berbil Bill and Berbil Belle not workin' for you?

Lordy that was a visually cool, but ultimately very weird show.

Edited by Mirymate

Exactly! I hate those things, did I say something about ’those creepy bear robots’ in this thread or could you just read my hate in my post?

Nah, just a hunch since Berbils are basically a combination of C3PO and Ewoks, and lots of people hate those guys. That said, I thought the Berbils made for cool toys, even if they were annoying on the show. I love your ghosty Jaga idea, but man, I found that 'The Return' comic waaaaaay creepier than any robot bears, with all that gross kittens/Cheetara stuff :sick: So no figures from that thing please!

• 2 weeks later...

Will we get a naked Cheetarah from the original pilot episode? (Not that you could see anything for the fur, but still, the thought was there.)

I did buy Lion-o. I figured I would regret it if I didn't and if I hate him I can return him to TRU.

I'm hoping he arrives in two days like the site said so I can decide if I wanna collect this guys.

Anyone know if the regular version of lion-o comes with the sword and glove stand?

Just ordered Tygra and Lion-o from Enchanted Toy Chest (after reading the fwoosh review). They were cheaper with shipping than cornerstore would have been, though Cornerstore has Lion-o and Tygra for individual sale and not just a two-piece bundle like ETC.

Can't wait for sdcc lion-o (now sold out on TRU.com)or the bundle to arrive.

My Thundercats are on the move, my Thundercats are loose! Well, they're out of the package anyway.

SDCC Lion-O and reg Lion-o and Tygra have arrived.

The first thing I noticed was that Lion-o's ankle joints are molded in a different color than his boots: orange. Tygra's are also the same color as his legs, not the boots. The wrist joints are also a different color than the area they surround.

These guys have the most annoying fasteners keeping them tight in their bubble package. From a afar they look cool, but up close they look as cheap as they feel. The sdcc sword of omens is a nice hard plastic that has been vac-matalized, the reg version is very flimsy and was warped from the bubble packaging.

SDCC Lion-o has a wash that makes him look dirty.

I'm a little disappointed, but it is Bandai, so I knew what sort of quality to expect. They'll look nice on a shelf, but they lack quality for play ability. expect paint scratches.

Got my Classics SDCC Lion-o yesterday and opened him and I love it! It is a great poseable figure and I really have no complaints (other than I wish he wasn't so expensive) but the figure itself is great! I will definitely be buying more of these.