UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fwoosheyman's Customs - Robin, Catwoman, Heatwave, Enchantress & Movie Magneto (5/31/15)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's right in July, 2003 Marvel Minimates were first released. But, before we get to the pretty pictures, I'm going to rant. It's my custom thread and I can rant if I want to, rant if I want to. biggrin.png

Zach if you are reading this just skip down to the pictures.

BEGIN RANT:

I have officially given up on DST making the Marvel characters I want. I've avoided making many Marvel customs in the past because I always felt DST would be coming out with the characters sooner or later. Not anymore. I don't know what changed but I've watched the Marvel comic line go from a nice diverse line to nothing but repeats. Maybe Chuck enjoys the merry-go-round of main guys & X-Force down.gif but it's become boring to me.

I understand the TRU waves going more mainstream and that DST can't release a wave of nothing but B & C listers. But it's gotten to the point now there's not even a new character in any boxsets (Spider Foes, DOFP, X-Force, Zombies). The only one this year that might have a new character is the TRU boxset, which we choose. When you get a more diverse collection now from Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe than minimates, something is wrong.

END RANT:

I feel better now. So Avalanche is made from a modified Apocalypse chest piece, modified Grim Reaper helmet, Bionic Commando boots, Sentinel gloves and some belt from the spare parts bin. I used the Bandai Impact Effect stand in the pictures below. Highly recommended if want to add some variety to your displays.

ava1_zps89411ba7.jpg

ava2_zpsbd5af5ed.jpg

ava3_zpscd88dd7d.jpg

Pyro was probably the most difficult custom I've ever made, but I'm thrilled with the results. I made Pyro's flamethrower backpack from a Chef Duff backpack with Spectral Ghostbusters hoses attached to the small missle/gun from Iron Man gauntlets. The hoses bend easily, even after repainting, so the figure retains all of it's articulation.

pyro1_zps6e212281.png

pyro2_zps97c31dc0.jpg

pyro3_zps20e03027.jpg

pyroava_zps705920a1.jpg

I'll be working on a lot of Marvel comic customs through out the summer and I've already got two more almost half way done.

Edited by fwoosheyman

Just lovely.

I was a lot like you a few years ago; I made very few Marvel customs because I was always worried that they'd be replaced by official releases. But eventually it dawned on me that we'll probably never see the likes of, say, Killraven, so if I want him I'd better make him myself. I've had, I think, two customs (Viper and Aunt May) replaced, a pretty good average.