UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fwoosheyman's Customs - Robin, Catwoman, Heatwave, Enchantress & Movie Magneto (5/31/15)

Ka-zar is made from repainted Moloid skirt, Heihachi wrist straps and SM3 New Goblin knife. Sentry hair and some parts from the bin make up the rest. Easy to do and will go well with Shanna at the end of the month.

SDC11406_zps9e8f3c7f.jpg

I've been trying out using waterslide and stickers on customs. After a lot of trial and error, I finally finished Red Robin. Full credit to Hellpop for the Red Robin decal design, all I did was modify the colors. Touched up the yellow on the skirt, the mask is from Guardian and the rest is repainted parts from the bin.

SDC11423_zps5de357ef.jpg

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted to make a Black Tom custom after seeing the excellent ones here. So now that I can actually make decals, this had to be one of the first customs I'd create. The decal is a modified version of Youbastards purple decal, so full credit goes to him for the design. The rest is just some paint and usual parts.

SDC11425_zpsf6e60e63.jpg

I've been trying out using waterslide and stickers on customs. After a lot of trial and error, I finally finished Red Robin. Full credit to Hellpop for the Red Robin decal design, all I did was modify the colors. Touched up the yellow on the skirt, the mask is from Guardian and the rest is repainted parts from the bin.

SDC11423_zps5de357ef.jpg

Man, yours looks so much better then mine... I've really gotta get another Guardian. I wish he'd seen a mass release, because that mask is so functional. Ah well. Nice work!

• 4 months later...

Been too busy to update this lately but I've got a lot of new customs to take pictures of.

First, credit to Hellpop, seeing his Hourman/GL customs inspired me to make these and I used some of his ideas in my Hourman custom. Just like Hellpop I used the spirit face and hourglass from the horrible waste of plastic Pocket Heroes Hourman (grumble...grumble...I can't believe they made more Pocket Heroes than DC minimates). Anyway the hood is a modified Hobgoblin hood.

SDC11517_zps1061364d.jpg

Starman was fairly simple. Made a decal, the gun was from the parts bin and the cosmic rod is just the end of Stargirl's staff.

SDC11519_zps2d0b4153.jpg

The Atom is just a bunch of decals and paint.

SDC11518_zps600331a6.jpg

Hawkman is the bottom portion of the DC Direct minimate and wings/mask from Angel. I left the logo off his mask since I prefer the clean look.

SDC11513_zpsa8262d8a.jpg

Dr Midnight's mask is from a movie Hydra trooper, M Bison skirt, some decals and paint and that's it.

SDC11521_zps63132705.jpg

Sandman was probably the most difficult due to his mask and my lack of sculpting skills. Mr Fixit hat, Booster Gold gun, Tony Stark suit body repainted.

SDC11515_zps32a4d0b0.jpg

Alan Scott is probably my favorite of the group. His cape is a Mephisto cape with a Dr Doom chain glued onto it.

I learned an interesting trick while making this custom. I hate using decals for flesh colored faces since they never seem to look right and I can't match the colors of the plastic. So I prefer to use clear water slide for a normal face. So in order to get the white for the eyes to be nice and bright I discovered that Sharpie makes a waterbased white paint sharpie pen. You apply it where the eyes will go before the waterslide decal, just be sure to let the white dry. After it is dry it won't run even when you put on the wet waterslide decal and it looks great.

SDC11516_zps0db776d8.jpg

GROUP SHOT! (w repainted Dr Fate)

SDC11523_zpsa3a76f7c.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

Amazing customs! Really fantastic.

Your Sandman may be due an update when the Tomb Raider minis hit, doesn't one of those have a suitable gas mask?

With a little modification the mask from the Tomb Raider mini might work. I'll have to pick one up and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

First up is B:TAS Catwoman, one my favorite versions of Catwoman. The mask is a modified Batgirl mask.

SDC11488_zps86b748d3.jpg

Next is Killer Frost. The cuffs on her arms are the arm extensions from 90's Beast just trimmed and repainted. Credit to Luke since I used one of his face decals as the basis for Frost.

SDC11482_zps2ca731e6.jpg

Modern Jubilee is the Vampire Jubilee face, 90's Jubilee hair/coat, Catwoman torso and WWE Jakks sunglasses trimmed/repainted.

SDC11489_zps27fc2e31.jpg

Always wanted a Livewire minimate. Credit to TENIME the decals are his awesome designs. Just added some paint and a Firelord hairpiece.

SDC11491_zps87c5ecd0.jpg

Last is Fire. Just some repainted parts and repainted a fireball with clear green paint. I'm still trying to figure out how to best make an Ice minimate.

SDC11496_zps1e503f3a.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman

• 2 weeks later...

New round of various DC heroes and villains. First up is Roxy Rocket. Another one that sat on the workbench unfinished for years after seeing someone's custom (I don't remember who made one first). The helmet is a Ultimate Shield agent with Aurora hair attached on the back. Jacket is from a SM3 Gwen.

SDC11537_zps2619810e.jpg

The Shade was easy to make (gotta love one color costumes). Credit to Luke for the face decal since I used once of his for the basis. The cane is from a JLU Shade, it was chopped down to minimate scale.

SDC11494_zps70926f70.jpg

Hook-hand Aquaman is based on his JLU design. The hook is from a 2inch metal JLU Aquaman figure from Mattel. Arms bands from Cyclops and the belt from movie Wolverine.

SDC11492_zps20a20045.jpg

I always felt the DC Direct Flash looked more like Barry than Wally. So I wanted a proper Wally minimate. The C3 minimate was ok but it needed to be updated. Repainted most of the parts, added tread feet and the head is an old Kirk, just trimmed to fit the mask.

SDC11493_zpsd28aba99.jpg

Volcana, not very exciting but I always liked the character. A few repainted parts and a MvC Phoenix hairpiece.

SDC11534_zpscbcc2308.jpg

Red Claw is mostly a repainted Elektra minimate.

SDC11540_zps02844512.jpg

Dr Destiny (aka Skeletor) is made from a Dr Doom cape, old Ghost Rider head and a Best of Mr Fantastic with the torso reversed.

SDC11541_zps82e9575c.jpg

Last one is Ice. Her "vest" is the vest from JJJ reversed and trimmed. It didn't come out as well as I would have liked but it will do until something better comes along. Hair is from Cortana and Baron Zemo boot fur. I also posted her with my Fire custom.

SDC11544_zps275ab03e.jpg

SDC11547_zpsf2014274.jpg

Edited by fwoosheyman