UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fwoosheyman's Customs - Robin, Catwoman, Heatwave, Enchantress & Movie Magneto (5/31/15)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Dreadknight design is brilliant. Since I doubt we'll ever get a real one, I'm going to be borrowing that.

I got Whirlwind the other day, and was wondering if that head would work on a Minimate. And now I know. I'll probably borrow that as well.

I use Mr Color/Mr Hobby metallic acrylic paint. You can get them from ebay for a few bucks from overseas sellers.

I also used some metallic color paints from the craft section in walmart. They aren't as good as the Mr Color/Mr Hobby paints but they cost less.

Last ones until SDCC and hopefully DST will be making some of the characters on my list.

Hyperion uses a Cap head, Shazam boots and a modified cape. Simple custom but I've been wanting a minimate of him since the Marvel Legends figure was released.

hyperion_zpsab6c41a8.png

First, full credit goes to Hellpop for the idea of using the Dark Hawkeye mask for Batroc. I used the Head from the Playboy Tony Stark from the original Iron Man. The expression and facial hair are perfect for Batroc. The rest is just a lot of decals and paint.

batroc1_zps57bea53b.jpg

Were you expecting someone else mon capitaine?

batroc2_zps593eae97.png

There can be only ONE!!

batroc3_zpsedadc8f5.png

• 1 month later...

I haven't been in a customizing mood as of late, but I did finish up these two. Maybe, after 19/60 are revealed I'll feel like creating again.

First up is comic style Iron Monger. Helmet is a modified helmeted Thing. Chest piece is from Box with piece from an Iron Man armor added. Feet are from the blue version of Zero from MvsC. I used Mr Color Metallic Blue #76

monger2_zps74182b45.png

monger3_zpsb332f546.png

I really didn't like the belt/skirt w Mystique and since it took years to get a new Mystique I decided to make a new belt/skirt. The skulls are from the Lady Death cape and the skirt from Mephisto.

mystique_zps1b9282d2.png

• 4 months later...

With the joys of moving and football season being over it was time to start customizing. A few DC mates while waiting for the Marvel Toy Fair reveals.

Hoping for some Uncanny X-Men NOW (Cyclops, Magneto, Magik & Emma), Uncanny Avengers (Havok, Rogue, Wasp & Sunfire) and X Men NOW (Storm, Rachael, Pyslocke & Kitty) there DST. Pleeeeaasse. pray.gif

On to the customs. First is Riddler based on his look from the Animated Series. Nothing but paint needed for this one.

riddler_zpsi9dqfdqb.png

KG Beast. Awesome villain but has been completely forgotten by DC. Gun-hand is from the Hydra Flamethrower Trooper and backpack is cut from Space Suit Captain America.

kgbeast_zpslnak8gz3.png

Last is Huntress in her Nu 52 costume. One of the few Nu 52 costume redos I actually like. Mask is from the variant Mandarin with a modified Songbird hairpiece. Shoulder armor is modified Kre-o shoulder armor and the crossbow is a Captain Rodgers pistol with bow pieces attached.

huntress_zpsnf9wsw0s.png

• 1 month later...

More snow meant more time for customs.

First is Jason Todd Red Hood. Repainted TRU Spiderman helmet and body from Age of X Gambit.

red%20hood_zpsxnbqx18j.jpg

Next is Felix Faust. A Jaga helmet, Hawkeye skirt and Heimdall wrist gauntlets. The collar piece is from a reversed movie Avengers Thor. Also, the first time I used Vallejo paints. They work well and fill in some color gaps from Citadel.

faust_zpsjift8zzp.png

Last one is Scarecrow. Hat and collar piece are from the Scarecrow Kubrick. Scythe is made from a lego scythe blade and the Max Smoke Jumpers polearm.

scarecrow_zpskx0ap0pm.jpg

Felix Faust! I've had him on my to-do list, but I couldn't figure out how to do his helmet. The Jaga helmet is so perfect I feel dumb for not thinking of it myself. headslap.gif

Now off to eBay to find a Kubrick Scarecrow....