UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fwoosheyman's Customs - Robin, Catwoman, Heatwave, Enchantress & Movie Magneto (5/31/15)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel Girl one of the best, if not the best Jean costume and it gets no representation as a minimate after 11 years. nono.gif

I modified a variant Mandarin mask, had to chop some of the hair away to get it in place and then fill in the gaps with Apoxie. Skirt is a reversed variant Mandarin with the tassel removed.

marvelgirl_zps92ae75ac.jpg

Look DST you can make a Banshee minimate and the world does not spin off it's axis and I'm glad to report I did not come down with a case of the "cooties" either.biggrin.png

First all the credit to Youbastards for the cape. He made me two awhile ago, I used one for a Siryn custom and have been holding onto the other until now. Head is from TRU Havok and hair is from DC Direct Flash.

banshee_zpscbef1a8d.jpg

But does that Smiiley mean you didn't think we would think your customs were any good? They're very good. It's always cool to see characters we haven't made executed at such a professional level. Hopefully ours will look as cool when we eventually make them. I'm sure we will.

I didn't know cooties could be given in a good way so I found the comment to be odd, thus the surprised smiley.

Wait you don't have an HR dept? How do you survive without all the "wonderfulness" they bring to a company like tons of forms, anal retentive rules and team building activities?

Look DST you can make a Banshee minimate and the world does not spin off it's axis and I'm glad to report I did not come down with a case of the "cooties" either.

Just playing off your comment, which was, I assumed, a reference to us not making enough female Minimates out of fear of contracting cooties from them, or something. :) The cooties I was referring to were the cooties of wanting a Marvel Girl and Banshee Minimate now. I am infected with the desire!

Not sure I ever said anything about Banshee being a threat to the world or even the Minimates line, but I certainly understand the frustration.

I've got two more to finish up after these and then I'll be taking a break until SDCC. I want to see if DST is making any of the characters that are on my list before starting more.

Black Knight another one of those "why the hell don't we have one by now" characters. Helmet is from Age of X Magneto (finally a good use for that boxset) and belt is from Beta Ray.

blackknight_zps415129f7.png

So now for my secret shame. I luv the goofball villains from the 90's Iron Man cartoon. The 90's Iron Man, X-Men and Spiderman cartoons will always have a special meaning to me since they introduced me to those worlds. So when I saw they were making a Marvel Universe Whirlwind, I've been waiting until I could buy it and then rip it to pieces. biggrin.png

The helmet is from the MU Whirlwind (with face sculpted over) and the wrist gauntlets are as well. The gauntlets did not have to be modified at all, they fit perfectly on minimate arms. Repainted Ares chestplate, Iron Man belt and Stilt Man torso/arms. The tornado effect is repainted from a DC Action League Flash.

whirlwind_zpsaffc0f30.png

Dreadknight - Another goofball villain from the Iron Man show. (why do I luv these guys so much? - because they are so ridiculous they are AWESOME!) Helmet is made from Armored Thor wings and Through the Ages Iron Man helmet. Belt is made from pieces of a normal belt, Memphisto skirt and gun pouch from Walking Dead line.

dreadknight_zps056d6ef4.png

Finally, since Wonder Man is alive again and wearing this costume, I thought I'd update the minimate so it fits in better. Just new hair, hands, belt and feet and he was ready to go.

wonderman_zpsd35fe064.png

Edited by fwoosheyman

I absolutely love your Dreadknight, and have one started for myself. I love your solution to the helmet. That was the one thing holding me up, deciding whether or not to use the Death Archangel mask, or not. Now there is another option! disclaimer: i may be using/stealing/borrowing your idea.