UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will take Minimates to the next level of awesomeness?

Maybe the blind bagged thing would work in Asia (and maybe even in the UK/Europe), but I suspect it would not work here in the states. If the LEGO thing has worked (and I have no idea if it has or not), one would need to consider that: 1) that idea of selling stand-alone LEGO figures probably would have worked fantastically without the blind bags; 2) related to that, they're LEGO, so they'll sell no matter what kind of product they pump out; and 3) they're a lot cheaper than Minimates nowadays, at $2 while Minimates are encroaching on $4 a pop. A pricey risk for a Minimates crap-shoot IMO. I don't see folks paying it.

Personally, I don't like the idea.

Edited by karamazov80

I would like to see more formats besides 2-packs and 4-packs. "Battle Packs" would be great for instance. Pack Captain America and Bucky with two HYDRA soldiers and Strucker with some type of cool diorama packaging like hasbro Star Wars does.

For example:

swbattle.jpg?857

DST needs to do more to celebrate the line then they currently do. We know they always mention the line in the promo about "longest running collector toy line", but outside of that statement they don't do anything to promote this. The Minimates.com site is a joke, and they really need to get the name out there, but what is the point if the site hasn't been touched for 2 years?

We've mentioned it many times, and Chuck has said that they don't have the infrastructure in place, but a collector club that offers exclusive figures/accessories/weapon packs is something that could really help. They could do a club-exclusive version of the Collector Case with a unique figure. A Halo 'battle pack' with guns and accessories. Not "Limited edition" items, just items you can't get anywhere else. Mattycollector.com has taken this to the extreme of not being able to find an item because it sells out in an hour, but if DST had easy to get club exclusives, that would be a great way to celebrate the line.

I have fond memories from my childhood of clipping UPC's from my Star Wars toys and Flagg Points from my GIJoes to mail away for exclusive figures. The effort I had to go through to get that specific figure made it all that more special. I'll never forget when my dog chewed up my mail-away Emperor Palpatine... :verymad:

Blind-boxes create an illusion that some lucky punter is getting the opportunity to obtain something that is rare through random packaging. I have collected kubricks , Palz & Cosbabys & I've tried buying dealer cases of each......it's rigged,trust me it's rigged. I can prove that Palz were rigged & I can prove that to a degree kubricks are,Cosbaby's just gave up on them giving each case a chase :thumbsup: If you want me to elaborate I will but they'll still deny it. I do however have a bit more respect for DST & I believe that they wouldn't try this on but is there anybody left that still believes that Minimate variants,for instance, are made in fewer numbers? They might not be distributed but I have my doubts now that short-packs = short run. I'm far happier with the TRU.com method of blind-boxing .....all the guys in the warehouse packing dept. wear blindfolds & boxing-gloves when they send out Minimates :angry:

Get a hold of a fashion designer to design stylish clothing and accessories. Then market to girls so they can mix and match the clothes, accessories, hair, shoes, gloves, and such. Then add runway playset, mall playset, etc.

There. Opening the market to girls. And the mixing and matching is in the spirit of Minimates. C'mon, this idea is so FIERCE!!! Call it the Minimates F.I.E.R.C.E. line. Like M.A.X., but I haven't figured out the acronym yet.

I think that alternate faces on the back of the heads would help people get the exact look they want for a particular character, and would also encourage multiple purchases for some collectors.

yes, Yes, YES!

The reversible head on Phoenix II (Rachel Summers) made that a 10/10 minimate. I would be all for extra faces, especially on the Female minimates who often look confused/stunned or sexy, rather than like they are kicking @ss like the heroes they are!

There. Opening the market to girls. And the mixing and matching is in the spirit of Minimates. C'mon, this idea is so FIERCE!!! Call it the Minimates F.I.E.R.C.E. line. Like M.A.X., but I haven't figured out the acronym yet.

The FIERCE line might not open the market up so much to girls as it does to boys who watch Ru Paul's Drag Race :tongue:

Personally I would like to see different materials in minimates.

Cloth capes would be really neat to acheive different poses. Also having bendable tentacles for Omega Red and Doc Ock (ala the Marvel Legends Omega Red or the arms of Parallax in the Green Lantern Movie Masters) would be awesome.