UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

absolutely love looking at pics of your collection mtd, I would love to have a set-up like that myself. My mates shelf is somewhat laid out like yours, but I've certainly no room for another bookcase worth!

love 'em, will be coming back for a longer look later.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same boat as dj87, Mystery Man, and Rheul. I got the Vallvik because I had no more room on my entertainment center for my Marvel mates. However, I will have to get another one just to house my DC, Universal monsters, MAX, Pirates,Capcom, movie, and Lord of the Rings mates. <_<

Edited by mtd20_2000

Yeah awesome collection, I had to do a double take because reminded me of all of Luke's minis.

You gotta get some customs in there.Looks like a museum, where's the heart and the style.

You got something great there, but it's something someone else could have the same exact thing of.

You may have all the minimates, but you don't have all the characters. And while I'm sarcastically

critiquing you, all the army builders are a little much. Continue on, great stuff.

Thanks for the compliment Luke. I cannot wait to add the Shield agents from the custom case I ordered from you.

&

Patience wookie…patience…it only took my lazy ass 6 months to get that much done. :lol:

As for the museum feel, to who’s their own, what you may think looks cool, I might think looks ridiculous.

If I could make customs like Luke and Rheul, I would, however, if they are going to look like a ten year old tried to customize a mate then forget it that is not my idea of heart or style. ;)

However, I have modified quite a few mates (see my thread on the Marvel board), but unfortunately, I have no room to display most of those. <_<

In the future, if I can find more room (and time), I would like to pose most of my mates, but that is a project for another day (hopefully after I get through graduate school).

As for the Army builders, personally I like collecting those the most. It is all about preference. :thumbsup:

Edited by mtd20_2000

I got my Sin Eater set the other days so I updated my Spidey display. I wouldnt have bothered to post this but I think I came up with something you guys might like. I used that new "jump stand" that came with Wolvie and Viewful Joe to pose Peter being dragged by the Goblin. I think it made it work much better...

post-679-0-87390500-1331259022_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or do Mary Jane & Gwen need an up-date (J.J. got one).

You could use the movie versions... But I'd rather a new versions of both girls and an adult Peter Parker. But then, Gwen's dead, so the only real way to "update" her would be with a rotting broken necked corpse.

Is it just me or do Mary Jane & Gwen need an up-date (J.J. got one).

You could use the movie versions... But I'd rather a new versions of both girls and an adult Peter Parker. But then, Gwen's dead, so the only real way to "update" her would be with a rotting broken necked corpse.

phwoaaar

we need an official amazing bag-man mate

with a kick me sign on the back lol

My Bag Man does have the Kick Me sign... Just can't see it :) I agree we need an official release though. We also need Gwen and MJ updates. I wouldn't mind a Betty Brant, Robbie Robertson, Flash Thompson and any other Spidey supporting cast. Although my first choice for a supporting cast mate is Rick Jones.

• 2 months later...

I get my ant man II and Xmen First Class sets this week and i also clean and updated my displays, i want to share them with you:

Complete view:

complete.jpg

Avengers

avengersa.jpg

avengersb.jpg

FF

95476163.jpg

General Villains

villiansa.jpg

DC and X Villains

villiansx.jpg

AOA

aoa.jpg

Xmen and Allies (space ready for Boomer and Rictor)

xmenan.jpg

xmenbz.jpg

New Mutants (space ready for Moonstar and Magma)

25472744.jpg

First Class (i really like these)

xfcb.jpg

Marvel Universe

61379653.jpg

DC Universe

jlak.jpg

Edited by Carlos_

Cool displays, Carlos and Rheul.

Thanks guys, living in Mexico makes the hunt a little difficult but i managed to keep the collection growing...

The bigger shelves were made specially for me with a carpenter, i designed them in a comic book cloud style (only rectangular for this display purpose)

Edited by Carlos_

squall's Ghost Rider custom arrived today, and I thought it would be fun to take a "class picture" of my collection of customs I have from other people.

100_9051-1.jpg

(from the bottom up starting on the left)

Row 1: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from Nervous, GI Joe and Transformers Logo Blanks from sillygooser, Ghost Rider from squall

Row 2: Hellboy, Hellboy Alien, Boba Fett, Scott Pilgrim and Ramona all by Shamrock

Row 3: Limited Edition Store MMMV Christmas Skrull, Luke's Toy Store franken-mate, Scorpion from brobotc, Secret Santa Batman from undeadpool, SCUD from Fujis, Queequeg from the Literature Charitymates by MINI-MYTE, The Darkness by Skullbuster, frozen cap (in soap) from minijeff

Row 4: Ult. WW2 Cap and Scarecrow by Graham, Sabretooth and Omega Red by Skullbuster

These are the centerpieces of my collection, so I'm hoping to still add some more customs from the other "greats" like Luke, boyd, mattallica, Bob Harris, Psyguy, etc

I'd love to see other people's collections of customs they've received too!

• 1 month later...

Luke, that set up is god damn beautiful! The LED lights is an awesome idea, and I would love to build something like this if I had the wall space. The before and after in the video really shows the dramatic difference the lighting adds, fantastic job :thumbsup: