UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

For me it just depends. Minimates?? Yeah, they are usually opened. And yes, they are played with on a regular basis. :) However, sometimes it just takes a while to open certain mates. My other SI, my Razor, my HT, and my Adama/Tigh two-pack are still MIB. Of course, Adama and Tigh aren't open because, yeas TM2, the packaging is gorgeous. ;)

However, there are things i keep in packaging on purpose, like both my GoWII Kratos exclusives, my Black Stealth Cylon NYCC exclusive, my new Marvel Select Phoenix :wub: , and my original "Batman the Animated Series" Harvey Dent. Of course, now i wish i bought two Cylons, because that thing is beautiful and i want to play with it. :blush:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it just depends. Minimates?? Yeah, they are usually opened. And yes, they are played with on a regular basis. :) However, sometimes it just takes a while to open certain mates. My other SI, my Razor, my HT, and my Adama/Tigh two-pack are still MIB. Of course, Adama and Tigh aren't open because, yeas TM2, the packaging is gorgeous. ;)

However, there are things i keep in packaging on purpose, like both my GoWII Kratos exclusives, my Black Stealth Cylon NYCC exclusive, my new Marvel Select Phoenix :wub: , and my original "Batman the Animated Series" Harvey Dent. Of course, now i wish i bought two Cylons, because that thing is beautiful and i want to play with it. :blush:

i ended up buying 3 boxes of the cylons now i have a small army of cylons lol

I'm still pissed off waves 23 & 24 haven't even arrived here yet :angry:

Am still waiting for some stuff to arrive in the mail, but *if* they do (and if I can find a solution to my camera's lost USB cable) I'd love to post an updated pic of my collection. Yup, I've only been collecting Minimates since April and already their quantities have hit the 100+ mark (a toy-collecting first for me :ohmy:)

Just recently I bought this amazing Minimate lot from this really nice guy who turned out to be ZapZuu's brother :) It had Thor, wave 6 Iron Man, Nick Fury, Marvel Zombies, plus some of the older waves. Unfortunately I experienced this mildly traumatic leg joint breakage with one of 'em (hint: it was a variant :() Had to get over it eventually... really it was my first major Minimate mishap and it hasn't QUITE put me off the little guys yet.

I probably posted most of these already, but I showed them over at the Fwoosh, and I might as well just repost them here too. Some of these pics are nearly pre-2007. >.<

th_may301.jpg

th_may302.jpg

th_may303.jpg

th_may304.jpg

th_may305.jpg

th_may306.jpg

th_may307.jpg

th_may308.jpg

th_may309.jpg

th_may3010.jpg

th_may3011.jpg

Closet. I still have clothes in there! Imagine that!

th_may3012.jpg

th_may3013.jpg

th_may3014.jpg

th_may3015.jpg

th_may3016.jpg

Newer pics

th_4-23-07TF1.jpg

th_4-23-07TF2.jpg

th_4-23-07TF3.jpg

th_japshelf1.jpg

th_japshelf2.jpg

th_japshelf3.jpg

th_japshelf4.jpg

th_troopers1.jpg

(waaaaaaaay out of date. I couldn't even get all my Cobras on there now)

th_Cylons1.jpg

th_Cylons2.jpg

th_11.Whosthe534fairestofthemall.jpg

th_spidey1-29-09.jpg

th_2-2-096.jpg

th_2-2-095.jpg

th_2-2-094.jpg

th_2-2-093.jpg

th_2-2-092.jpg

th_2-2-091.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

My first big breakage was a Hydroman arm, right out of the plastic. Nothing like breaking a hard to find figure that no one has the spare part for.

If the balls on Hydroman's torso are intact I have a spare you can have. I would have just PM'd you but Hydroman is the first Minimate that I have broken....& it broke last week . Strange!

If the balls on Hydroman's torso are intact

That might be the strangest start to a sentence I've ever seen around here.

The arm broke off with the ball in the socket. I got a replacement black torso, but haven't attempted to find away to get the ball out (it's stuck pretty good in there). I'll probably break down one day and just buy a replacement, but right now I can't bring myself to pay what they normally go for. Thanks for asking though.

*sigh* It always sucks when the one minimate you have major trouble with ends up being a variant or a boxset "never-again." The recent plastic shift on some of the newer waves seems to make their joints just about as bad as some Stikfas.

Dom, just curious, but which variant did you have break?

To answer your question, it was

Raft Sentry

:(

The only good news here is that I only broke the pelvis (on both legs!), so if I can just find a new one somehow I'll be golden. What's left of the ball joints are still stuck in the legs though, will probably take a little creative thinking to get 'em out. Failing that, there's always that old "butcher the ball joints with a box cutter" technique I'd used on some of my old Stikfas :devil:

• 1 month later...

I had to look for some mates today and thought I'd take a couple of pics to show off the collection:

Here's how they're normally displayed:

minimates034.jpg

and here's a better showing of them:

minimates033.jpg

And I'll point out that at this time last year I had none. Hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be in a bigger house where I can display them a little better.

And to put it in perspective, there's 536 of them.

Edited by groundhog7s

Maybe that's where TBT! is, hiding in groundhog7's giant pile of minimates!

Here is my non-minimate collection pics of mine (still rearranging the 'mates):

Top shelf:

PICT1423.jpg

Halo:

PICT1424.jpg

Street Fighter:

PICT1425.jpg

GI Joe and 6'' Action Figures:

PICT1427.jpg

Star Wars and Gundam:

PICT1435.jpg

Mighty Muggs (bad pic, lots of them are hiding :))

PICT1433.jpg

Finally remembered to take some quick shots of my collection with my crappy camera <_<

First off, my new haul of Battlestar Galactica Minimates

DCP_0321.jpg

... with the box where I store my Minimate accessories (Yes, that's Andre Drazen in the group)

DCP_0328.jpg

Much of my displayed collection is currently (shamefully) cramped into one single bookshelf. I seriously need to find more room.

The Minimates (Why does it look like the BSG mates are trying to escape?:P)

DCP_0331.jpg

DCP_0332.jpg

Thanks again to good ol' groundhog7s and McDurg, not to mention all the awesome PTK guys for their grateful additions to the ranks! (Oh, how numbers swell...)

The *cough* rest:

DCP_0338.jpgDCP_0334.jpg

Oh, the humanity (minimanity? :blink:)...

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished getting all my mates together and here they are...

post-1666-1238530108_thumb.jpg

Top 2

post-1666-1238530340_thumb.jpg

Middle 2

post-1666-1238530406_thumb.jpg

Bottom 2

post-1666-1238530513_thumb.jpg

No prize to whoever figures out which 4 3(if you don't count gold and silver spidey) I am missing.

Edited by vbpanizzi