UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

What would everyone here do if they're cases/shelves fell of the wall and all the Minimates slammed to the ground? XD

Slap myself for not putting them up properly!

As For Ivans collection: wow that makesme realise exactly how many of these little blighters I have that aren't on display ...

T.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would everyone here do if they're cases/shelves fell of the wall and all the Minimates slammed to the ground? XD

That is largely why I use LEGO stands. I got sick of "Minimate dominoes." They used to fall all the time, and it pissed me off having to pick them up.

I still haven't found a good way to display Kubricks, though. Luckily, they have a wider base and are a bit less prone to falling than are Minimates. They make little clear, plastic boxes for them that you can actually stack, but they are way to expensive.

Edited by karamazov80

That is largely why I use LEGO stands. I got sick of "Minimate dominoes." They used to fall all the time, and it pissed me off having to pick them up.

I still haven't found a good way to display Kubricks, though. Luckily, they have a wider base and are a bit less prone to falling than are Minimates. They make little clear, plastic boxes for them that you can actually stack, but they are way to expensive.

Those little clear cases are discontinued & very collectible....I have kubricks that are worth less than the cases. To be honest I now have a very valuable case collection ;)

Well, I would probably sue the company I work for and collect workmans comp, considering all mine in in a cabinet in my cube. If it fell, it would definitly land on me and it would definitly hurt.

BS

Slap myself for not putting them up properly!

As For Ivans collection: wow that makesme realise exactly how many of these little blighters I have that aren't on display ...

T.

This actually almost happened to me just last night: my toy shelf experienced an epic bout of minimate dominoes and it took me about an hour diving into dusty old schoolbooks just to rescue Wonder Man's hair (I'm that OC) <_<

If my shelf ever collapsed like that BIG TIME, I'll probably just steal a page from Jatta Pake's book and store my pissed-off minimate legion (and miscellaneous other mini-figures) in a giant plastic tub. Which I will carry around with me everywhere like my own personal footstool :tongue:

And DAMN Ivan, that minimate display is TALL.

• 3 weeks later...

Not actually my collection, which is kind of in disarray as I only have space to display about half of them!

But thought you'd like to see this mini display that sort of grew organically on my desk.

post-7-1228851028_thumb.jpg

post-7-1228851054_thumb.jpg

I'm pondering a swap of the shield to make it further out front and move Ms Marvel back some.

Thoughts?

T.

I'm pondering a swap of the shield to make it further out front and move Ms Marvel back some.

Thoughts?

T.

Honestly looks great, BUT if you want to be really anal, you can stagger some of them and move maybe SM & MM back it could give the display a bit of depth.

Not actually my collection, which is kind of in disarray as I only have space to display about half of them!

But thought you'd like to see this mini display that sort of grew organically on my desk.

post-7-1228851028_thumb.jpg

post-7-1228851054_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?

T.

T

I think those look fantastic! I too am using the movie IM as the regular version cuz it just looks that good! I like the Spidey pose...is that Peppers hair on Ms Marvel?

Jeff of the Miniacs

is that Peppers hair on Ms Marvel?

Good eye.. yes it's peppers hair, I had a spare pepper and it just looks right, esp compared to original hair if you ask me!

T.

*makes a note - need extra Pepper or at least her hair*

lol looks good man, you are right with that

Jeff of the Miniacs

So I've been looking for some alternative for storing my mates.

The parts cabinets work great in the respect that they store lots in a small space in an organized fashion.

That being said labeling them is a disaster and when I'm looking for a specific mate for movies that I haven't labeled... Well it can take so long that I begin to think it somehow ended up in another room.

Anyways, I was in Zellers Christmas shopping the other day and stumbled accross some Hot Wheels cases. They hold 32 and comes in packs of 2 for $20. BEtter still, they attach. I've only picked up one pack so far, but am so impreesed that I'm DEFINETLY going back for more.

post-102-1229367586_thumb.jpg

post-102-1229367657_thumb.jpg

The parts cabinets work great in the respect that they store lots in a small space in an organized fashion.

That being said labeling them is a disaster and when I'm looking for a specific mate for movies that I haven't labeled... Well it can take so long that I begin to think it somehow ended up in another room.

Anyways, I was in Zellers Christmas shopping the other day and stumbled accross some Hot Wheels cases. They hold 32 and comes in packs of 2 for $20. BEtter still, they attach. I've only picked up one pack so far, but am so impreesed that I'm DEFINETLY going back for more.

Oh My God! those are perfect!! I totally wanted something like that to store mine in but couldnt find anything so I went with the three tiered ones. I havent gotten them all set up partially due tot he fact I am loathe to set my Marvel and DC ones up in them and not have access to them for movie making but these would solve that problem! Nestle do they have the ability to hang on walls? I am sure if they dont it would be easy to modify. Thank you so much for finding these and I cant wait to raid the Zellers around me looking for these!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Can you give the brand and type of these? I would like to get one for my nephew, but we don't have Zellers here.

Can you give the brand and type of these? I would like to get one for my nephew, but we don't have Zellers here.

I've been online hunting and they are the Hot Wheels classics cases. Heres an auction that shows about them

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hot-Wheels-Classic...p3286.m20.l1116

I am so gonna be hunting these down!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks Jeff. I need to get one for Christmas, so the hunting will not be fun for me :(

No Prob Sam, glad I could share my finding to help! That seller offers 3 day guaranteed delivery within the states....I know that I couldnt get it to you faster then that, I doubt by the time I make it to the store this week that I could get it to you by christmas lol.

Jeff of the Miniacs

Hey guys!

Yeah Jeff, they hang on walls.

They're awesome!

I can't say enough about these cases.

I was about to go buy the ones that TBT uses when I stumbled on these. A quick math calcution later and they're less than half the price.

Now I just need to try and get ahold of enough of them. ;)

Hey guys!

They're awesome!

I was about to go buy the ones that TBT uses when I stumbled on these. A quick math calcution later and they're less than half the price.

Man I am totally in that boat...been trying to find a way to tell the wife I need one of those big cases even though I have 3 cases of display boxes....that she wouldnt go for but these she will!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Hey guys!

They're awesome!

I obviously have the more expensive displays BUT have also looked at several cheap alternatives for the ever growning hoards. I have 3 display cases and estimate at least another two or three are needed to hold my existing collection. I have yet to find something that even comes close to being as functional AND pretty.

I actually have a couple of those Hotwheels cases that I picked up hoping they'd do the job but unlike you guys I have to say that I wasn't impressed with them.

The plastic is kind of cheap and ugly and the backs are cardboard that is foil covered on one side, it feels like the lids from a takeout carton! and isnt very well fixed, fitting very loosely, I can see a lot of potential for loosing parts etc.

The two I have are not used for display. they live in a cupboard (with some tape to hold the backs in place) and are used as tempory storage until I can afford more of the same style as my first 3 cases.

IMO this is one occasion where cheaper is not better! :)

T.