UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

you Americans have really surprised plug sockets

Not half as surprised as our American babies who love to stick their tiny fingers into these sockets. Seriously, what do your plug sockets look like? I know different parts of the world use different plugs. Now I'm curious!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you Americans have really surprised plug sockets

Classic :D

World plug sockets (ignore the ticks /crosses )post-638-1274378533_thumb.jpg

I never realized Europe had so many variations. When Europeans travel around Europe, is half the suitcase filled with plug adapters for your laptop? I remember those plug sockets from my time in Japan.

Well, at least the other half of the European suitcase is no longer filled with various currencies. Progress.

wow mrjasontodd, that is a whole mess of sentinels there. any extra Rachel Summers variants you perhaps might wanna spare!

and mtd20_2000, where di you get those cool display cases?

hulk197 is correct. I got both the stair display cases and single display cases at the container store. They are relatively cheap ($9.99 and 4.99, I think). I also get my storage containers for extra minimates at the container store. When I get home, I will try to post some pictures of the storage containers in case anyone is interested in them.

I really like that 3 step display, I can see from Luke's site that it can hold at least twelve minimates. This is something I'm going to consider for sure!

wow mrjasontodd, that is a whole mess of sentinels there. any extra Rachel Summers variants you perhaps might wanna spare!

and mtd20_2000, where di you get those cool display cases?

hulk197 is correct. I got both the stair display cases and single display cases at the container store. They are relatively cheap ($9.99 and 4.99, I think). I also get my storage containers for extra minimates at the container store. When I get home, I will try to post some pictures of the storage containers in case anyone is interested in them.

I really like that 3 step display, I can see from Luke's site that it can hold at least twelve minimates. This is something I'm going to consider for sure!

Shoulder to shoulder you can get seven standard mates on each row

spideyfam.jpg

i know i already posted on this thread sometime ago, but who remembers that far back anyways.

here is my collection now:

P1030476.jpg

now for some details:

P1030477.jpg

here are all the the mates that did not make the cut

P1030478.jpg

dc

P1030479.jpg

P1030480.jpg

P1030482.jpg

that empty spot in front is where my GB should go but they are out on assinment (you know busting ghosts)

after looking over these pictures i missed some of the marvel guys. If anyone really cares or if i remember i will load that picture later

i know i already posted on this thread sometime ago, but who remembers that far back anyways.

P1030476.jpg

Neat idea to store the different lines this way. I have my figures roughly organized in different plastic bags, which is not as efficient a way to organize them.

Also, I don't want to alarm you, but someone is trying to steal your Minimates in this picture!

P1030476.jpg

Neat idea to store the different lines this way. I have my figures roughly organized in different plastic bags, which is not as efficient a way to organize them.

Also, I don't want to alarm you, but someone is trying to steal your Minimates in this picture!

D'oh, it is ok all the cool avengers are out on display;)

I've come to realize photography is not my strong point (neither is dusting :ermm: ), the suckage is strong in this post. I also see I need an upgrade in the digicam department....

Some of the display set ups shown so far are a doccument of true dedication. I myself pledge my allegiance to the half-a** slackers of disarray. I should be jealous, but I'm to lazy to put forth the effort.....

post-2851-1275050391_thumb.jpg post-2851-1275050413_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1275050436_thumb.jpg post-2851-1275050482_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1275050504_thumb.jpg post-2851-1275050539_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1275050558_thumb.jpg post-2851-1275050578_thumb.jpg

It seems like I'm the only one with any type of love for this set, but I'm from Seattle so I could be biased :teehee:

post-2851-1275050683_thumb.jpg

The next license in dire need of 'mate-ification' I know AA/DST could do the line justice:

post-2851-1275050643_thumb.jpg

Edited by spitwizard

Sherlock is probably my favorite 'Mate. He is so well-done, and the accessories are perfect for him. I commissioned a local artist for the extra doll furniture. I'm still looking for a nice cushy leather chair at this scale, and maybe a tiny little Persian rug.

Periodically, Minimate-scaled furniture will show up on eBay (with a Minimate sitting in the chair as a picture, so you know the actual scale). Keep an eye out and you might run across some of those.