UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

My next of kin knows to post on here upon my demise and arrange for my collection to be shared amongst the remaining members.

Ditto. actually, my best friend gets most of my lovley things. Not sure what happens to my minimates. No one may figure it out, so you guys may see a huge collection on ebay.

Though not any time soon! ;)

Those are great collections guys! I totally missed out on almost all the DC/C3 ones. :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but with the arrival in the mail today of a Captain America/Punisher two-pack, I have now completed my collection of Marvel Minimates! Yep, after more then three years of collecting I'm finally done, I got'em all, even the Silver and Gold Spideys (bought them together in a private sale way-way back and into the safety deposit box they went!).

I'm feeling a mixture of happiness and depression now, as yay! I have them all at last, while aww! I have them all at last, meaning no more figures to collect but the new waves....

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but with the arrival in the mail today of a Captain America/Punisher two-pack, I have now completed my collection of Marvel Minimates! Yep, after more then three years of collecting I'm finally done, I got'em all, even the Silver and Gold Spideys (bought them together in a private sale way-way back and into the safety deposit box they went!).

I'm feeling a mixture of happiness and depression now, as yay! I have them all at last, while aww! I have them all at last, meaning no more figures to collect but the new waves....

Congrats!

Any chance you could let me know the numbers of Mr Gold and Mr Silver, for the tracking list?

Any chance you could let me know the numbers of Mr Gold and Mr Silver, for the tracking list?

Sure, you'll just have to wait until the next time I need to open my sdb. BTW, where on the 'mates is the number?

• 1 month later...

Ady, those stands are fantastic, shame there are no more. :( Wish I'd thought of using blu-tac like you have. Ah well it's always good fun setting em up again. :)

Alpheon, that's interesting. I've not seen another unmasked doom so have nothing to compare it to. Could some one post a pic of theirs so we could compare?

Alpheon, that's interesting. I've not seen another unmasked doom so have nothing to compare it to. Could some one post a pic of theirs so we could compare?

I can't at the moment, but for an immediate picture go to MMC here and here. (Thanks Danny!)

Rad, in my experience, that happens ALLLL the time. Facial detailing randomization. FDR. My friend collects minimates too, and he ALWAYS seems to get the ones with lower FD. It's weird, but because of that his Sentry and Speed Racer have really big foreheads. Also, sometimes FD can be higher, and result in a big jaw (like the DVD Capt. America, although that wasn't really random, just bad design). Another thing that can happen is that sometimes the facial detailing is moved up some so that...ok, get a minimate in your hand. Take it's head off. At the bottom of the head you'll notice there's a sort of "curve" or "lip" that edges into the flat bottom of the head. Well, sometimes the FD is moved up so there isn't any paint until AFTER that "curve", which results in the face appearing as though it has a double chin of sorts, especially on the Thing and Spider-Man.

• 2 weeks later...
So here's where 'most' of my minmate collection lives...

post-7-1149369612_thumb.jpg

Each case holds 108 mates.... and I only put the last one up a couple of weeks back...

T.

Can we have some close-ups please TBT? And what's the poster next to the collection?

As for my collection, the poor little fellas don't have where to live now... my shelves moved because of the changes at home

Can we have some close-ups please TBT? And what's the poster next to the collection?

Your wish is my command :)

DSC03609.JPG

DSC03621.JPG

DSC03622.JPG

The poster is one that I had signed by Will Eisner at SDCC the yr before last and actually doesn't live there anymore!

T.