UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

I think it's a bit late to use asterisks .

I didn't want to offend any youngsters that may not have caught the expletives in the picture. My apologies to all the parents monitoring their children who may be reading this. I quote Walter in the Big Lebowski, "F* it dude, let's go bowling."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspired by this thread I took all of my complete loose mates from their plastic cells and lined them up shoulder to shoulder on the dinner table. The table is 5 and 1/2 feet long and I made 5 rows. In the middle is the first Minimate I ever bought it's also the only 3 inch mate I have. I found him on clearance at a Sam Goody store in Marietta. Ah good times.

post-955-1246946565_thumb.jpg

post-955-1246946658_thumb.jpg

post-955-1246946761_thumb.jpg

post-955-1246946893_thumb.jpg

Now I am off to put them back in their cells because for the following 2 reasons.

1) The wife will be pissed if she gets up and they are all over the table.

2) Those little guys are not for these little girls.

post-955-1246947662_thumb.jpg

Edited by minimadman

GET SMALL! Minimates are fun, but here are some other tiny toys that I have sitting around.

P1010017_edited.jpg

Man, it feels like ages since I've bought any non-Minimate minis.

I'm curious, what's that gray statue-looking angel thing in front of the Stormtrooper Kubrick and Yeti Qee?

So I've been looking for cool looking cheap minimate displays and I happened to end up in "The Container Store" while running some errands and got pretty excited when I saw these display cases:

post-7-1247529822_thumb.jpg

One display

post-7-1247529991_thumb.jpg

Two displays stacked, the nice thing is that you can stack with or without the bases!

post-7-1247530109_thumb.jpg

One with the label still attached for anyone who wants to look for these at a Container store!

post-7-1247533307_thumb.jpg

Rejiggled with more mates to see how it looked!

Sorry the pics aren't the best but I just threw some mates in there to get an idea how things look!

They were on sale at just $4 each and it seems they were pretty much made for minimate or Kubricks!

I picked up 3 of them as a trial, but will be going back to pick up a bunch more soon....

T.

Very nice cases, just what I was looking for. Those are a ton of Iron Men lol. Still love that Iron Spidey. For some reason I'm hooked on that Movie stealth iron man.

+1 this is exactly what I need.

Haven't done this for a while, and seeing as I've had a major move around I thought I'd share.

Star Wars

th_IMGP0177.jpgth_IMGP0173.jpgth_IMGP0172.jpgth_IMGP0171.jpgth_IMGP0170.jpg th_IMGP0167.jpgth_IMGP0168.jpgth_IMGP0169.jpg

Marvel Legends Showdown

th_IMGP0165.jpg th_IMGP0166.jpg

Doctor Who

th_IMGP0164.jpg

DC direct, Minimates, JLU, BTAS

th_IMGP0159.jpgth_IMGP0160.jpgth_IMGP0158.jpgth_IMGP0162.jpgth_IMGP0161.jpgth_IMGP0163.jpgth_IMGP0175.jpgth_IMGP0176.jpg

Toy Robots :D

th_IMGP0174.jpg

Punisher=D: The Alien is a Takara Microman figure that a friend sent me a few years back. The Batman figures on that shelf are also Microman. Excellent figures incredible articulation and loads of alternative pieces. The Alien comes with an egg that has two alternate top halves. One complete. One opened. They are quality stuff.

Wow!! I just saw those!! Holy crap am i jealous, Rad!! I just started buying JLU, after putting it off for like 3 years, and am already kicking myself. I'm really jealous of your original Black Canary, Ollie Queen, Star Sapphire, and non-Corps Sinestro w/ Power Attachment...and Clayface and Ivy from the BtAS line...:(

Lucky that you got all the GL figures they put out. I'm guessing Holidy Hal isn't in there?? ;)

Dang Rad, that's an incredible collection you have there. Must have taken a long time.

I like Star Wars but I hope they never make the license in minimate form. There would be way way too many...lol Although they would look cool.

Knowing how well those JLU figures stand up, you are a brave man trying to display them at all, Rad. I see stands for some of them, but for the others, I hope you have sticky tak or some such thing. I had about 5 displayed in my room at one point, got frustrated and ended up putting them in a box in the closet.

By the way, did you see all the new JLU figures shown at SDCC?

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...%2FMattel_Panel

:devil:

Edited by karamazov80

I'd swear. Loudly.

It's what I've done every time they've fallen.

which then causes the REST of the stuff to go into avalanche mode.

You ain't wrong mate. Every time I show something off I cause an avalanche!

Man Rad, you have a nice JLU collection. I've always wanted to get into those, but could never bring myself to do so.

All started with a couple of bits picked up in a Walgreen when I was in Orlando 2004. I went a bit nuts after that! :D

I love the JLU line for how there are so many figures done in that animated style. I hate the JLU line for how difficult it is to find the really cool figures.

Wow!! I just saw those!! Holy crap am i jealous, Rad!! I just started buying JLU, after putting it off for like 3 years, and am already kicking myself. I'm really jealous of your original Black Canary, Ollie Queen, Star Sapphire, and non-Corps Sinestro w/ Power Attachment...and Clayface and Ivy from the BtAS line..

Lucky that you got all the GL figures they put out. I'm guessing Holidy Hal isn't in there?? ;)

Holiday Hal? I wish! I know it ain't going to happen, same with Solomon Grundy. I didn't even know there was a corps Sinestro, going to have to try and track that down. It's a real love hate relationship with JLU, love the figures, hate trying to get the little bastards. If you need a Green Arrow drop me a line, he doesn't have a bow though.

Dang Rad, that's an incredible collection you have there. Must have taken a long time.

It all started with the 1989 batman figures, then TMNT, then Toybiz X-Men. None of which are on display today. I'd love to have the room to show that X-Men line.

I like Star Wars but I hope they never make the license in minimate form. There would be way way too many...lol Although they would look cool.

JL, if they ever make Star Wars minimates I"ll be clearing all of my shelves down. Not the ships though. How cool would 'mates look in full size ships?

Knowing how well those JLU figures stand up, you are a brave man trying to display them at all, Rad. I see stands for some of them, but for the others, I hope you have sticky tak or some such thing. I had about 5 displayed in my room at one point, got frustrated and ended up putting them in a box in the closet.

I hate you! :D

Thanks guys, I love my collection but it's always nice to hear the opinions of my fellow geeks ;)

Man Rad, you have a nice JLU collection. I've always wanted to get into those, but could never bring myself to do so.

All started with a couple of bits picked up in a Walgreen when I was in Orlando 2004. I went a bit nuts after that! :D

I love the JLU line for how there are so many figures done in that animated style. I hate the JLU line for how difficult it is to find the really cool figures.

Wow!! I just saw those!! Holy crap am i jealous, Rad!! I just started buying JLU, after putting it off for like 3 years, and am already kicking myself. I'm really jealous of your original Black Canary, Ollie Queen, Star Sapphire, and non-Corps Sinestro w/ Power Attachment...and Clayface and Ivy from the BtAS line..

Holiday Hal? I wish! I know it ain't going to happen, same with Solomon Grundy. I didn't even know there was a corps Sinestro, going to have to try and track that down. It's a real love hate relationship with JLU, love the figures, hate trying to get the little bastards. If you need a Green Arrow drop me a line, he doesn't have a bow though.

I hate you!

Thanks guys, I love my collection but it's always nice to hear the opinions of my fellow geeks ;)

Haha, i think we ALL love your collection. Or that may just be jealousy...I know my "Dark Blues" Batman, "First Appearance" John Stewart, Wonder Woman, and Sinestro Corps Sinestro hate you.

I would love to get my hands on Holiday Hal; when i first read about him it pissed me off infinitely; not only did JLU get it's first Hal Jordan, MY personal definition of anything that is Green Lantern (screw John, Kyle, and Guy; Hal's my man), but it was signed by one of the men who got me in to wanting to be a professional Comic Artist, BRUCE TIMM!!!! The "Only 100 in Existence" is enough to piss any collector off though.

And, yup, in the latest wave there is a Sinestro Corps Sinestro figure with Yellow Power Battery; it's FANTASTIC. There are only a few flaws i have with it, which would be the Corps Symbol a sticker, which was applied a little rough, the hand pose, and the fact that the yellow triangles on the shoulders don't line up with the yellow on top of him; if that's understandable, that is. :blush: I suggest picking him up; check your local Target. Two of my three still carry TONS of JLU (if you call 98% Kilowogs and Stargirls tons...) and quite a few have been Sinestro. They also have them marked down at $4 each, so that was a bonus. I may get a few more to try my hand at sculpting new Corpsmen...

And i saw the Mattel/DC panel recording on AFI (if you haven't, Rad, WATCH IT.), and i my wallet definitely jumped out my window when it saw all the crazy JLU stuff. The Thanagarian 6-pack looks amazing; definitely my favorite announcement. The new Arthur Curry, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Plastic Man, and Firestorm are my fav Singles.

I'm in the UK TTF. No Targets. No AFI. Bugger-All places to buy JLU at anything below £10.00 a figure. :( I consider my JLU collection fairly complete now, just can't afford to go chasing after them anymore. Minimates are my sole focus now.