UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3DS anyone?

I picked up my 3DS a few days ago and I love it! I spent 3 hours the first night just playing with the stuff already on the system. I was so surprised that there was so much to do with it right out of the box. I grabbed Street Fighter and both LEGO games. I'm planning on buying Zelda and many more down the line.

My friend code:

5069-4014-2221

My Mii QR code:

3DS001.jpg

I bought one. I got Street Fighter (forgot how badly I sucked at fighting games) and I've got Zelda and MarioKart preordered. It's a beautiful system, but I've always been a big DS fan anyway, so my opinion may be skewed.

Haven't spent much time playing it the past few weeks. Too busy with other things, but I'm going to be making time once Zelda is released. :)

I am very tempted by this system, but I am still on the fence due to the price of the games.

Yeah, I usually wait for price drops and sales for games but a friend made me an offer I just couldn't pass up. He gave me the system, the two LEGO games, a case, a silicone sleve, and a set of screen protectors for $290.

The only design "flaw" I see with the system is them putting the stylus back where it was in the original DS. Just a pain, that is. I'm also not a huge fan of Nintendo continuing with their dilusion that hundreds of people are going to be wandering around with these systems everywhere you go. I did manage to get two Street Pass hits from driving past a Game Stop, though.

Other than that, the system is seriously fantastic. I highly reccommend it. I love the "Augmented Reality" stuff and collecting Miis with the QR codes is just super fun. Plus, downloading the 3D videos from the e-shop was a nice surprise. They even recently offered the 3D Green Lantern movie trailer and it looks amazing! I must have watched it 20 times by now. And the fun part is, I can check on that with the activity log.

Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart are must owns for me. Resident Evil look sweet as well.

Edited by God Magnus

I may get one if/when Smash Brothers 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 are out, but at the same time the money I could spend on the system as those games could go towards Luke and minimates...

Well, you've gotta remember, in Japan, where Nintendo is truly based, you have millions of people crammed into cities together, and a much higher ratio of people have these things than here. In America, especially if you're not in a mega urban city, it's not going to work, and even for the cities you'd have to look at the demographics. Are corporate business men really going to carry these things around like they would in Tokyo? There's still a stigma attached to videogames and comics here in the west that doesn't hinder people in the east.

I think I am just going to stick with my DS Lite and the games I like. I really have no time anymore to be playing handhelds anyway.

Usually if I get time, I'm either using my brother-in-law's PS3 or my Wii, PS2 or Dreamcast.

If only they would make Super Smash Brothers minimates...

As Barney Stinson would say, that would be legend.... Wait for it....

Dairy!

• 1 year later...

I have a 3DS ! Here is my FC:4038-6113-4316 and name Royalninja

If you add me then please PM me with your FC. I cant add you just yet because I cant use it for 2 weeks(school tests) But please PM or message me through my profile.Thanks ! I got : Zeald :OoT , SM3DL , KI:U ,MK7 , spiderman :edge of time , and I'll get a lot more like Heroes of Ruin , the next zelda game etc etc...

• 1 month later...

Im still playting them. And I know what you mean with:Good games that are non-Mario or zelda. They need to make a call of dutie or halo style game for the 3ds. It would work great with the motion censore.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I recently picked up a 3ds XL, I had a longish trip coming up and wanted something to play while I was away, was looking at getting a Vita then realised there weren't many (any!) games coming out for it.

Then I saw the new Zelda and fell in love with it, I also realised there is huge backlog of cheap DS titles to play and ended up with a 3ds.

So most of my videogame time lately has been playing Zelda or an old DS game called 'orcs and elves', which is a turn based old skool dungeon delver that's super simple but far more fun than it should be.

T.

• 4 years later...

sorry to necro this thread but just in case someone wants a free Mario Mustache theme for their 3DS here's a download code for you: B11Y N2XP 1RQF BPVV

I forgot I already redeemed MyNintendo coins for it before. Enjoy!

• 10 months later...

More free 3DS codes in case anyone wants them. I have extra coins to use otherwise they disappear; I miss the days of physical items.

Mario Items Theme
B167 X66X 2P2B YV85  
Smash Bros WiiU remote
B0TW FKPV 31S7 RBV1  
flipnote3D
B0KB HJLB 0N6X S7WQ