UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Army Builders

Jatta Pake

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What just happened here? I'm afraid I don't know who any of those characters are. If only there were some board member to give me a complete history of each. :) Good to see you posting.

Edited by Turtle

• 10 months later...

Put me down for Ultimatum goons; they haven't done much lately but they've got a cool look. Then again, if we got them, they'd need a Flag Smasher to go with them...

Also as suggestions:

tumblr_lwse166xfv1qz9nt5o1_500.jpg

Secret Empire Goons, Black Spectre agents and Agence Byzantine thugs. The Byzantine guys are new (to me anyway) and Black Spectre hasn't had much of real role in years but both of them look unique. All 3 of them have been in Waid's Daredevil recently though I admit there are Secret Empire thugs who have more distinct looks than what's shown above.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

My first vote is still Stepford Cuckoos.

My second vote is still 90s Multiple Man.

After that my interest in a great deal of these drops off significantly. Most of the army builders I care about have been done already, to be honest. Moloids are cool... many of the rest of these are lame...

I wouldn't mind Shi'ar... as an X geek... but would want characters like Lilandra, Deathbird, Gladiator, D'Ken, Corsair, Starjammers... etc... to go with them. I see no use for Shi'ar grunts before we have cosmic X-Men characters.

I also wouldn't say no to second passes at the big ones. HYDRA, SHIELD, Skrulls, etc... female where applicable. (Just make sure they MATCH THE ONES WE HAVE! I HATE mismatched army builders... it's like starting from scratch...)

Edited by Gillbob316

Bear in mind that I'm aware of all the reasons why my suggestion will never happen I am totally convinced that they would outstrip sales of any other army-builder we have yet seen in Minimate form.........WW2 combatants.

I'll also gone on record as saying that the lack of a Sgt.Fury/Howling Commandos Minimate box set is a travesty .

-Ijustdontgetitsmate

"Nazis... I hate these guys."

But I would buy minimates of them.

Never happen, the German government is suprisingly sensitive about that whole failed world takeover attempt. (Kinda like the people at Ford still don't like Pinto jokes.) Not to mention that their victims get understandably grumpy about people profiting of their oppressors. Ah well.

Shi'ar warriors, Moloids, Lava Men, Leader's Humanoids, Son's of the Serpent, and Warwolves are my top choices.

Actually, more SHIELD Agents, Hydra Soldiers, and AIM agents would bo what I'd like most. Alternately I'd like some Kree who aren't all captains. But those are apparently off the table.

90's Multiple Man (To go with the 90's X-Factor set that i'm praying for!_

multiple00.jpg0034a.jpg4869127971_9679bcd595.jpg

I'm with you Nessex. He needs to come with a trenchcoat though. I was planning on buying several of the MU fig until I saw he didn't come with one. :yucky:

One of my favorite non X-Men, but x-related characters. IF he gets chosen, I'm buying at least six of him. Or more, depending on if I want to do his AOA version.

"Nazis... I hate these guys."

But I would buy minimates of them.

Never happen, the German government is suprisingly sensitive about that whole failed world takeover attempt. (Kinda like the people at Ford still don't like Pinto jokes.) Not to mention that their victims get understandably grumpy about people profiting of their oppressors. Ah well.

Pintos regularly igniting in rear-end shunts wasn't too funny for the people sitting in them either.

I'm not on your case Miry but I don't recall too many people shouting with indignation when the Vietnam inspired 'Platoon' Minimate set came out ....I could ramp that argument up but I value my friendships here. There are masses of WW2 toys openly for sale online & on ebay & for the record I haven't got any of them but it is a very fertile market,a market not completely ignored by Marvel. Since coming back to US Marvel titles these last three or four years I've noticed that it is quite evident the writers..... who I presume are American..... are still completely immersed in WW2 .....I don't write these rags I just read them .

Minimates aren't sold in Europe so who cares ?

I'm talking toys Miry & you're agreeing with me that you'd buy WW2 combatants ....& I slyly didn't say which 'side'....so why worry about who else is going to worry about them or condemn them or even why ?

I GENUINELY think that they would be hugely successful army-builder & I am not consciously trying to be controversial.

Bear in mind that I'm aware of all the reasons why my suggestion will never happen I am totally convinced that they would outstrip sales of any other army-builder we have yet seen in Minimate form.........WW2 combatants.

I'll also gone on record as saying that the lack of a Sgt.Fury/Howling Commandos Minimate box set is a travesty .

-Ijustdontgetitsmate

I agree, so I am in the process of slowly making my own. The only one left is Percy Pinkerton, but he's taking a little time to get right. :)

90's Multiple Man (To go with the 90's X-Factor set that i'm praying for!_

multiple00.jpg0034a.jpg4869127971_9679bcd595.jpg

I'm with you Nessex. He needs to come with a trenchcoat though. I was planning on buying several of the MU fig until I saw he didn't come with one. :yucky:

One of my favorite non X-Men, but x-related characters. IF he gets chosen, I'm buying at least six of him. Or more, depending on if I want to do his AOA version.

I'm a huge X-mark, so it should be no surprise my top choices would be 90s Multiple Man, Purifiers, the Right, and some HAMMER troops coming in last.

Honestly, I'd almost put Purifiers above Madrox, since I at least have him in SOME form. Purifiers would be TOTALLY badass and one of the few figures I'd feel the need to buy a LOT of.

Zach, I know you're out there... any thought of going back to a two-troop builder system? Anyone who wants a Purifier PROBABLY would like a 90s Madrox, and then there's no waste on our end. I'd EASILY buy five to ten of this pack, whereas I'd top out at 3-5 of either character if packed with a non-troop builder.

Pintos regularly igniting in rear-end shunts wasn't too funny for the people sitting in them either.

No doubt. But I have a buddy who's a bit of a wise ass, he was subcontracting through IBM over to Ford to upgrade their servers. Before he left he was handed a list of subjects that he was not allowed to mention on site, including any mention of the Pinto, and breaking that rule would result in termination. So they really don't want it mentioned.

I'm not on your case Miry but I don't recall too many people shouting with indignation when the Vietnam inspired 'Platoon' Minimate set came out ....I could ramp that argument up but I value my friendships here. There are masses of WW2 toys openly for sale online & on ebay & for the record I haven't got any of them but it is a very fertile market,a market not completely ignored by Marvel. Since coming back to US Marvel titles these last three or four years I've noticed that it is quite evident the writers..... who I presume are American..... are still completely immersed in WW2 .....I don't write these rags I just read them .

Minimates aren't sold in Europe so who cares ?

I'm talking toys Miry & you're agreeing with me that you'd buy WW2 combatants ....& I slyly didn't say which 'side'....so why worry about who else is going to worry about them or condemn them or even why ?

I GENUINELY think that they would be hugely successful army-builder & I am not consciously trying to be controversial.

You are also underestimating the hysteria the "outraged" in this country can generate. Why was Red Skull the head of Hydra for the last Cap movie? Cause Wal-Mart will not carry Nazi toys. They pitched a fit over the first ML variant Skull in his traditional Nazi uniform (sans symbol). They did not allow another one for years, and when he was reproduced it was in some funky armor. It was a mess. So Nazis are out. The collective guilt over dropping the A bomb means there will be no Japanese soldiers allowed in stores either. Maybe we could try the Italians, but who actually remembers they were even a player among the Axis powers anymore? We Americans on both sides of the political ailse have become idiots, offended and outraged over every percieved slight or injustice. To offend is practically a capital crime... unless you're hot and fameous and then it's just marketing.

Point being, combine American stuipidity with what I mentioned earlier and what you'll get are some very nice allied soldiers fighting WWII era Hydra agents.

I agree with you, Rob. It's silly. But at this point it's the nanny world we live in.

I have to say, that 90s Multiple Man is one of the ugliest costumes i've ever seen.

Still holding out for Mandroids. (With SHIELD Agents underneath) That'd be incredible.

But he'd make for a great minimate just the same. The more unique the costume, the better the minimate in my opinion.

I'm still throwing this one out there...

Hmm.. To go with my desire to somehow see the Power Pack in minimate form, how about their enemies the Snarks?

http://www.comicvine.com/snarks/65-44619/

Plus I could see their heads if molded used to make a Lizard for Spidey to fight that looks a bit better.

I'd like to see a Female Shield Agent. The perfect set would be Classic Nick fury with Maria Hill in shield uniform. Its basically two army builders in 1 set. As long as the uniforms are kept generic you can swap the heads for anyone. My Shield display is a real sausage-fest at the moment.

Edited by demonpr

• 10 months later...

I want me some Alpha Primitives. And they could justify one of the giant Sleeper robots from the old Captain America comics as an army builder. Likewise Spider-Slayers. Mandroids are currently the most obvious omission. And I heartily second the Snarks. :)