Watchdogs

Watchdogs_001.jpg

Ultimatum Troopers

UltimatumTrooper.gif

Steelskulls

SteelskullSoldier.jpg

Shi'ar Soldiers

ModernShiarSoldierCustoms1-1.jpg

Orion Rex Henchmen (man, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel)

orionrexast3.jpg

Edited by Jatta Pake

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stepford Cuckoos...

cuckoos.jpg

I know there are 5, and five is not an "army", but I think they might actually sell better than most army builders, because there's a finite number of them. By that I mean, many people, like myself, don't go out of their way to collect alot of army builders. Between the one I get with the normal fig, and the one I get with the variant, I'm fine, so I don't buy extras. Diamond hasn't been getting extra buys from me with the army builders, I just stopped selling the 8th figure loose. Hehe...

The cuckoos would be the first one I actually went out of my way to buy three extras of... because I'd want all five.

Capping the maximum number actually encourages me to buy 3 more sets.

PS. Oh, and also, a Doombot that actually looks like Doom, and 90s Multiple Man.

Edited by Gillbob316

It'd also be real nice to start seeing some FEMALE army builders. Female SHIELD agents/Skrulls/Hydra Agents/etc . . .

It amazes me that such a simple idea never occured to me... lol...

Good one, hehe...

Oh, and I have another Multiple Man idea... just because the Age of Apocalypse figs still seem to have a little life in them, between AoA Sinister in the new wave and the recent TRU sets... I wouldn't say no to some Age of Apocalypse Madri...

The_Madri_%28Earth-295%29.jpg

Not saying it's the BEST idea for an army builder, especially before 90s Madrox, just saying I wouldn't say no to it. If they wanted to keep fleshing out the Age of Apocalypse figs.

I feel like some of these are too specific.

Like, The Reavers, and the Acolytes and the Yancy Street Gang aren't really "cookie cutter" characters... where you could get away with buying 20 of the same figure to build an army. I thought about saying Morlocks, but I didn't because well... same problem. *Shrug*

They're large factions of thugs who don't speak much, but the members are still unique characters. Not nameless faceless armies so much.

I certainly wouldn't say no to Fabian Cortez, Exodus, Frenzy, Unuscione, Senyaka, Vought...

But a "generic acolyte" appeals to me not at all.

Of course one could argue "well if you swap parts..." but that's a slippery slope. Suddenly I'm buying 10 more figures to get different heads/hair for my generic acolytes now? No. Don't wanna do that.

I'd prefer to stick to army builders which require no additional work on my part, lol...

Warwolves please.

post-1800-0-21433900-1307072172_thumb.jp

Yes, those would be a great choice, and should be easy to do with the terror dog sculpt. I may have to pick up a couple extra TD's and make some customs!

Sons of the Serpent (Avengers)

SonsoOfTheSerpent.jpg

Toad Men (Hulk)

Tribbitites.jpg

Prime Sentinel (Humans turned Sentinel)

PrimeSentinel.jpg

The Right (X-Factor)

TheRight.jpg

Brotherhood of the Scrier (Spider-Man)

Scrier.jpg

U-Men (X-Men)

Umen.jpg

The Uncreated (Excalibur)

Uncreated.jpg

Roxxon Oil Soldiers

Maggia Thugs

I have to admit I really like the look of those Ultimatum Troopers (maybe it's 'cause I'm a sucker for berets) but assuming they hail from the same Ultimatum I'm thinking of, it'll be a snowball's chance in hell we'll get another wave devoted to that universe.

While we're throwing around other Multiple Man variations for army-building:

:lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

I have to admit I really like the look of those Ultimatum Troopers (maybe it's 'cause I'm a sucker for berets) but assuming they hail from the same Ultimatum I'm thinking of, it'll be a snowball's chance in hell we'll get another wave devoted to that universe.

No, they're a terrorist group that Cap fought, during Mark Gruenwald's run, led by a guy named Flag Smasher:Flag-Smasher_%28ULTIMATUM_founder%29_%28Earth-616%29.png

I always liked him/them.

• 2 weeks later...

Kronans. the "Stone Men from Saturn." Look like Easter Island heads, fought Thor in his first Journey Into Mystery appearance:

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/meet_the_monsters/the_stone_men_from_saturn.html

Dire Wraiths.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Dire_Wraiths

Apart from these, I'll second the aforementioned Brood, Mandroids, SHIELD, Kree (more ranks), Ultimatum, Sons of the Serpent, Lava Men, Moloids, Alpha Primitives, Badoon, Kree Sentries, Mindless Ones and Multiple Man (though I want classic/FA not 90s).

To answer the question posed in this topic then: there are TONS left if DST/AA want to continue pursuing this model.

Ahem...

the Leader's Humanoids

537981-h38.jpg

Pink skinned Kree (prefferably in a non-capain's uniform)

1722122-captainmar_vell.gif1667439-kree_pri.jpg

Lava Men

Lavamen.jpg

Limbo Demons for Inferno

(which for the rank and file took a fairly generic red Gargoyle-like look)

Doom "Killer" Robots

391px-Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_85.jpg

Lemurians

Karthon_the_Quester_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Kang's Growing Men

Growing_Man_001.jpg

Symbiotes

735px-Venom_Lethal_Protector_Vol_1_4_page_--.jpg

And that's off the top of my head.

(yeah I know, not dead, long story)