UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Minimates and Femme Fatales Exclusives Revealed!

Hrm... My SDCC hotel is actually quite close to that Disney Store. (Yay shuttle!) Time permitting, I could possibly buy a bunch and bring them to the convention center. Save some folks the hassle? Any interest?

Just a thought. No promises at this point, it's still a month and a half away.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm... My SDCC hotel is actually quite close to that Disney Store. (Yay shuttle!) Time permitting, I could possibly buy a bunch and bring them to the convention center. Save some folks the hassle? Any interest?

I had a similar thought too. Assuming they come in a day or two earlier, I could just pick it up for whomever wants a set. Ideally, I'd want to talk with the manager and coordinate with that person to see if he could save a case for us. But yeah, still far away.

I would be interested. Keep me informed, please, if you decide one way or the other

And for BHM's reference, it was somewhat in the area where your hotel was last year.

Unbelievable news ......are you honestly saying that they moved my hotel ? Where is it now?

In my humble opinion I know of only 1 SDCC exclusive that has ever been difficult to get hold of at a reasonable cost afterwards whether you go to the convention or not. Last year ,I ordered everything from Luke beforehand ,despite going, & I would advise anybody else to do the same because you can then concentrate on enjoying the show without needing a porter to carry all your stuff.

And for BHM's reference, it was somewhat in the area where your hotel was last year.

Unbelievable news ......are you honestly saying that they moved my hotel ? Where is it now?

In my humble opinion I know of only 1 SDCC exclusive that has ever been difficult to get hold of at a reasonable cost afterwards whether you go to the convention or not. Last year ,I ordered everything from Luke beforehand ,despite going, & I would advise anybody else to do the same because you can then concentrate on enjoying the show without needing a porter to carry all your stuff.

Out of curiosity, which one?

In my humble opinion I know of only 1 SDCC exclusive that has ever been difficult to get hold of at a reasonable cost afterwards whether you go to the convention or not.

Every year several people point this out, and every year a bunch of people ignore this and get all worried about it :)

I need to figure out a way to get that Stormbreaker set in the worst way.

order it from AFX?

No, no, the worst way. I'm not sure what that is, but it probably involves ponies.

So...?

tumblr_lju0r6PW0p1qaha6c.png

No doubt about it, I'm in the WANT category. I just hate buying from AFX, though. Awhile back I got some really lousy packed stuff, resulting in a broke Tarantula 'mate and their customer service wasn't very capable. Add that to what I consider high priced for shipping and I'll gladly give Luke my money instead.

Maybe I'll check the shopping district in Disneyland (Downtown Disney)when I'm there in November.....maybe they will be on sale by that point. >_<

Probably not. The Disney Store and Walt Disney Attractions Merchandise are two distinctively different divisions and with very rare exceptions have no crossover. The only thing I have seen them share in recent times are the Vinylmations and some of the Superhero Squad style figure packs. If it's listed as a Disney Store exclusive then most likely that will be the only place to find it.

Never say never, I still have friends in the theme parks and would love to have them pick up the exclusives for me but I don't count on it.

The Florida Downtown Disney, the one I know, does have a legitimate Disney store though. It's just a freakishly large one

Maybe I'll check the shopping district in Disneyland (Downtown Disney)when I'm there in November.....maybe they will be on sale by that point. >_<

Probably not. The Disney Store and Walt Disney Attractions Merchandise are two distinctively different divisions and with very rare exceptions have no crossover. The only thing I have seen them share in recent times are the Vinylmations and some of the Superhero Squad style figure packs. If it's listed as a Disney Store exclusive then most likely that will be the only place to find it.

Never say never, I still have friends in the theme parks and would love to have them pick up the exclusives for me but I don't count on it.

Edited by Trekker 42

Hey wait a second...

If they can push out two MvC3 sets of Recolors for a late July release, then why does it take them until October for the actual figures? Just saying.

Also, I don't know if this was brought up, but why make that Alice? No real demand for the game to have Merchandise...Though that EA logo on the front of the box got me thinking. Maybe this is a precursor to EA Minimates?

Edited by Smashmaster12

Maybe this is a precursor to EA Minimates?

Actually, I think it's a precursor to Femme Fatales Minimates.

And I realized that Disney isn't the only company to have a SDCC exclusive that isn't attainable at SDCC; Shocker Toys does it with all their con exclusives.

I would advise anybody else to do the same because you can then concentrate on enjoying the show without needing a porter to carry all your stuff.

Unless, of course, you do have a porter along with you. :D

The Florida Downtown Disney, the one I know, does have a legitimate Disney store though. It's just a freakishly large one

[

Actually "The World of Disney" falls under the Attractions Merchandise division, sadly no Disney Store exclusives/merchandise to he had there.

Diamond has guaranteed our store a certain quantity of the MvC sets, so I put them up for pre-order. However they were strangely quiet about my questions regarding the availability of the Alice minimate after the show. They might not make extras available to retailers. It might be a true con exclusive, with extras carried over to the next convention they attend. I will know more as it gets closer to SDCC.