UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Minimates and Femme Fatales Exclusives Revealed!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told myself not to get excited over the TRU exclusive box set. I knew it was just going to be repaints of MvC characters. And now that I've seen it I want it. Stupid Red Hulk...

The FF box set is a great surprise, even with Tron Sue.

And I love the Thor set. Loki! Sif!!! Beta Ray Bill!!!!! Too bad the Thor seems like a re-issue of the Thor from the Disney set.

Lovin all of it!!!!! I can't wait to get the Zero minimate although I would much rather have p1 red before p2 blue. Hopefully, as has been the case in the past, these will be easy to order online as SDCC will miss me this year.

I... don't really like any of these. Nope. Not a one. Skip-a-dee-do-dah.

Even the Beta Ray everyone seems to love... eh. I don't like the character. He's not essential to my minimates collection. Moving along.

MVC3 is an AWESOME line... with crap box sets. Don't like the P2 colors much, don't see any reason to get them.

Future Foundation is something I give approximately zero f**ks about. So yeah, unless SDCC shows something else in the next few days that blows my freakin mind, I have no reason to be excited for any of these.

I agree that these all look like very well made figures based on what I can see. Every box set has some things I like, and some that i don't, but I'll probably skip out on in the "Player 2" MvC set with Red Hulk, Stealth Iron Man, etc. and the weird Fantastic Four set. Mega Man Zero?? Screw you, Capcom!

That Thor set is pretty awesome on the whole.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm happy to get all the sets, except the DST exclusive.

Could that Loki's costume also pass off as the current young Loki's costume?

I'm starting to notice a color theme with the P2 box sets. Yellow/white and blue/red.

And the FF Spidey looks off. The spider legs on his chest need to be a hair thicker to stand out more, I think. But anyway, if anybody else who gets that box set and doesn't want that Spidey, let me know! :biggrin:

Were the TRU MvC and FF box sets posted too early? The blog post was taken down...

Even though the FF set is pretty much just easy repaints/rehashes, it looks really nicely done. Now I'm feeling better about what's going to be available at SDCC this year. Bulked up Rulk is long overdue, as is Beta Ray Bill. I can't wait.

Anyone care to spoil what happened to The Human Torch?

These sets look great. I've been trying to figure out if Arthur's shoulders are slip on pieces or new molded arms like the Kitty Pride and the Halo figures' molded limbs.

What is the brown hair like stuff flowing behind MegaMan Zero? I know virtually nothing about the Capcom characters but half the fun of collecting Minimates is learning about characters.

Supposedly fighting creatures from the Negative Zone. I haven't actually read it myself, so that's all I know about it.

Torch sacrificed himself to close/destroy the portal on the Negative Zone side so the Annihilius's army wouldn't go through to the Baxter Building/Earth.

That Thor set looks great! I don't really know much about what's going in FF land, but I think those costumes are pretty sharp (in an "I hope this doesn't last forever" kind of way). The MvC sets still aren't doing a whole lot for me.

All in all, I'm a little disappointed in this year's showing. The year of Thor, Captain America, and X-Men movies, and this is what we get?

And why is Sue blue?

Edited by Turtle

The Thor set is by far my favorite. Beta Ray Bill looks like such a Battle Beast. Sif has a great look on her face like she's thinking how much she's going to enjoy killing whomever she facing in battle. The Thing has a constipated look on his face and Red Hulk's facial expression looks like he managed to dislodged his bowel obstruction. LOL.