UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Minimates and Femme Fatales Exclusives Revealed!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/06/dst-at-sdcc-2011-minimates-and-femme-fatales-exclusives-revealed/mvc_sdcc_1/

Diamond Select Toys is proud to announce the exclusive products they will be offering for sale at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, July 21-24, 2011. With an emphasis on DST’s popular Minimates brand of mini-figures and Femme Fatales line of statues, there will be plenty of products to appeal to fans of comic books, video games, fairy tales, beautiful women, pirates and toys in general. All will be available for purchase at the Diamond Select Toys booth, as well as at other select booths on the show floor.

The exclusive products are as follows:

- Marvel vs. Capcom Minimates Box Set – From the arenas of “Marvel vs. Capcom 3″ come four of the game’s greatest heroes, as an exclusive four-pack of Minimates! Clad in their “Player 2″ colors, Dante, Phoenix, Arthur and Deadpool each stand 2.5 inches tall with 14 points of articulation, sculpted by Diamond Select Toys and Art Asylum.

- Alice: Madness Returns Minimate - The first toy from the long-awaited sequel to “American McGee’s Alice” makes its debut at SDCC! This 2.5-inch, highly poseable mini-figure is based on Alice’s look from “Alice: Madness Returns,” and is the only Alice Minimate that will be produced! Sculpted by Diamond Select Toys and Art Asylum.

In addition to the box set, figure and statue, there will be four different individually bagged Minimates MAX figures given away throughout the show, while supplies last, as well as four Pirate Raiders Minimates that you can collect to create your own box set at the end of the weekend. A variety of Minimates and Femme Fatales posters will also be given away each day, and there will be a limited number of Minimate T-shirts available for sale at the Diamond Select Toys booth.

In addition to the above items, be on the lookout for a few other exclusive Minimate sets making their debuts on the show floor, as well as around the convention center!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each time I've been to SDCC I say it's my last but how I'll miss it . :sad:

My next-door neighbour (MNDN=nice guy) had his bro (H=nicer guy) stay with him a couple of weeks ago (lives in Houston ) & all three of us went for a few beers (many) one evening & I mentioned that I passed through Houston on my way to the ComicCon .

MNDN smirked.... H was in awe ...." You've been to ComicCon? :ohmy: "

"Twice"

"Wow...that's the biggest...blah blah ..fantastic....blah blah ....geeks...fans...blah blah ...women....Superman ......"

"yeah it's an experience"

MNDB (my age BUT VERY OLD) was completely f%cked.

SDCC ....GO THERE!

As for the Minimates & T-shirts on offer ......remember me :tongue:

White Phoenix of the Crown <3 been waiting a while for her. Brighter side, she'll be VERY easy to turn into a Dark Phoenix!!!! Two-for-one deal, very nice. I also love all of Dante's costumes, that's my fav Deadpool costume to play with, and well....another Arthur is cool i guess....

Anyone that's going and wouldn't mind grabbing me and Alice would be a new favorite member, though!! :lol: She's a beautiful figure.

See, I knew they'd find a way to make a White Phoenix of the Crown as soon as I started painting mine up. :D Still want it though, if only to have an official one. I might switch heads and hair, though, as I'm not terribly fond of the way the face on this looks.

"X-Men" Deadpool, on the other hand, is my sole reason to get that set. It's third only to Marvel Girl Deadpool and Thor Deadpool in the Deadpool costume-steals I want to see in Minimate form :D

Arthur is mainly going to give me parts for either a Prometheus or Batman Inc Knight custom. :D Dante will at least lend some neat unique parts. [i'm going to keep the standard-release versions as the main versions.]

Is this the only exclusive set we're getting, or is AFX due to announce one too as before?

Edit: rats, i got the deadpool costume wrong. Leaning toward a pass now, or a much more delayed buy.

Edited by lastmaximal

I should say that I do like the look of the MvC characters, and will buy them. I particularly like Arthur (we haven't seen an official pic of Arthur until now I don't believe, and the face is awesome). The Deadpool will also "pop" off the shelf a bit. But straight up repaints in general are a kind of bummer when we're missing so many Marvel characters.

"Alice" aka "girl with blank expression and boring dress" is a total pass for me, though. Nice to see DST/AA revisiting the 2.5" figures, though.

"Alice" aka "girl with blank expression and boring dress" is a total pass for me, though. Nice to see DST/AA revisiting the 2.5" figures, though.

Damn - my heart skipped a beat for a minute there!

I don't think she will be a 2.5" minimtae the way Bane/Croc/Ares etc . . . were. I'm assuming they mean that she is in the current scale which we call 2" minimates, but DST/Chuck likes to call 2.5" because the boots/headpieces etc . . . sometimes add an extra 1/2".

Crap, I think you're right. They also refer to the MvC figures as 2.5" tall. You're pushing it, DST. And you don't wanna push me! Or I'll write a very stern letter of complaint!

Art Asylum confirmed on Facebook that besides the MvC and AFX Thor sets, there are 2 other SDCC exclusives that will be available that haven't been announced yet.

"AFX will reveal their set soon, and the other two will be at retailers to be announced." :thumbsup:

Art Asylum confirmed on Facebook that besides the MvC and AFX Thor sets, there are 2 other SDCC exclusives that will be available that haven't been announced yet.

"AFX will reveal their set soon, and the other two will be at retailers to be announced." :thumbsup:

Hmmm, so Toys 'R Us & Disney exclusives?

Was the TRU MvC set officially revealed? I'm hoping that the other retailer exclusive is something grand. So far I'm only on board for the AFX Thor set (and possibly the promos).

Was the TRU MvC set officially revealed? I'm hoping that the other retailer exclusive is something grand. So far I'm only on board for the AFX Thor set (and possibly the promos).

Officially? No. But based on the leaked list of upcoming product in the TRU system, I've given up hope on something interesting from them and accepted that it's going to be repaints of Marvel vs. Capcom figures.

Crap, I think you're right. They also refer to the MvC figures as 2.5" tall. You're pushing it, DST. And you don't wanna push me! Or I'll write a very stern letter of complaint!

I'm pretty sure someone asked Chuck about this somewhere (Minimates being suddenly listed as 2.5" rather then 2") and he basically said what Nessex said: it allows them a little more freedom in bulking figures up. I think it's unlikely that we'll ever see the bigger body again-- which is fine with me.

Beta Ray Bill's awesome. :jawdrop:

Interesting that they would go with a modern comics tie-in for the Disney Store. I haven't read the book, so I'm on the fence about these. When did Sue Storm become Tron?