UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Striking Dioramas Series 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the camera! He put it inside my wife's piano! She found it when her piano sounded off.

So now I can show off the last diorama in the series, the WW2 Diorama!

WW2_01.jpg

WW2_02.jpg

And with that, this series is now up for preorder! Striking Dioramas Series 1

You should only need one pack of display putty for several dioramas. If you are buying your display putty elsewhere, please buy the blue stuff that is similar to what is on our site - the white stuff does not work as well with these dioramas. We expect the dioramas to start shipping in 7-10 days. :)

Loving the rooftop set Luke (and pretty much all the others!). I've been trying to get/considering making something similar for my Ghostbusters. Yours will be far better than anything I could muster so I'll just order one from you. :thumbsup:

As for potential ideas I'd always liked the idea of some brickwork with a billboard on it for a famous fictitious newspaper that a random wallcrawler/big blue boyscout could hang around.

Loving the rooftop set Luke (and pretty much all the others!). I've been trying to get/considering making something similar for my Ghostbusters. Yours will be far better than anything I could muster so I'll just order one from you. :thumbsup:

As for potential ideas I'd always liked the idea of some brickwork with a billboard on it for a famous fictitious newspaper that a random wallcrawler/big blue boyscout could hang around.

Thanks! I will add that to my list of possible dioramas. :)

By the way, dioramas will begin shipping on Tuesday!

When you get around to series 2, a graveyard scene could work for Universal Monsters, Marvel Zombies, Luke sticker zombie customs, Ghostbusters, and possibly The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. I'd buy one. Best of luck with series one. I'll be ordering some shortly. :highfive2:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am temporarily removing the Striking Dioramas from the store. As I have mentioned in other threads, the manufacturer canceled the laser sticker we previously used for everything, and replaced it with a new kind. This new paper is a dream for minimate customs, but it does not work for dioramas. So I am pulling these until I can find a better paper for this purpose.

Honestly now that I am getting better at molding and casting I might not revisit these at all, and instead I might switch over to fully sculpted dioramas. They would be a bit more expensive, but I think they would look more natural in a collection, and sculpted foot pegs are always a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

These are obviously not as good as Luke’s Diorama’s (he is the master!), but it was my first attempt. I originally made it for the Wolfman (a picture is on the Universal movie thread). However, after I modified some knights (originally from Capcom’s Arthur), I figured I could also use the diorama for a battle scene.

post-2109-0-89882800-1331633619_thumb.jp