UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Striking Dioramas Series 1

Hey guys,

As you might have spotted from my frequent hints, I have been working on a new series of dioramas for the last few months. I call them Striking Dioramas, and I expect to release the first series in a few weeks. I thought a video might be a good way to show what these are all about, so I recorded one last Saturday morning before my kids got out of bed. You can check it out here:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/pipipi314/video_sm.jpg[/img]"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPE-bap2pn4

Here are some highlights from the video, and some other things I meant to say in the video but forgot:

• The 3 dioramas shown in the video were the Crushed Wall Diorama, the Sewer Fan Diorama, and the Castle Gate Diorama.
  • Series 1 will include 10 dioramas. I wanted to do more but my wife restrained me. :)
  • The dioramas are made of a material called chipboard, which is several layers of cardboard pressed and fused together to make a much stronger material.
  • I originally checked into having these cast in plastic, but the costs were very high, and these would have had to cost $20 each!
  • The standard size dioramas will retail at $7.99, and the tall dioramas will be $8.99.
  • The graphics are printed on our polyfocus polyester film that resists light wear and tear, including the shuffling of tiny minimate feet. :)
  • These dioramas are intended to work with display putty, which can be used to create very dynamic displays.
  • The dioramas will come in 2-3 pieces, and will only require a few drops of super glue to assemble them.
  • They can be lined up together, with a gap of only about 1/8 of an inch between them.
  • A larger rooftop display will be part of this series. :D

Here are two still images:

crushed01.jpg

crushed02.jpg

More info and pics coming soon!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I told you the other day, put me down for the whole series now please!! these are going to be great for blog photos as well as comic scenes. Any chance you have a warehouse type display in the works? I think you have hit the bullseye with this new idea!

Jeff of the Miniacs

please tell me there is one that is the front gate outside of a boarding school for "special" children. or in front of a "mansion" in New York.

One of these will be in series 1 and the other is planned for series 2. :D

These look awesome. Are they big enough for Joes too?

Also, how do they take a dremel?

They are scaled for Minimates, so Joes would look too large on these. Kubricks and Legos are possiblities. And you could certainly dremel the chipboard if you wanted to.

please tell me there is one that is the front gate outside of a boarding school for "special" children. or in front of a "mansion" in New York.

One of these will be in series 1 and the other is planned for series 2. :D

So how soon till we see the series 1. Drooling to see this one!

moc847

• 2 weeks later...

Time for more sneak previews! B)

mansiongate01.jpg

Note: Any resemblance to an actual mansion is purely coincidental...

mansiongate02.jpg

The side pieces shown here are the Mansion Wall Diorama, also in Series 1.

mansiongate03.jpg

Here is a small collection of randomly selected minimates that could fit with this diorama...

protoplanet01.jpg

This is the only diorama in Series 1 that features a character as part of the diorama graphics. I didn't want to limit anyone's display possibilities, but in this case, the inclusion of the Borloth was important to me.

protoplanet02.jpg

Behind you, damnit, behind you!

More previews coming soon!