UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Squinkies

As a Big 7 collector for both Marvel and DC (DCD v. ML/MS, DCIH v. MU, Heroclix for both, Minimates for both, SHSquad v. Action League, Muggs v. Pop Heroes (although Marvel has already licensed its characters so that will leave my Marvel Muggs unpartnered once again), and of course in terms of Statues although I limit it to only the Big 3)...

I find it extremely difficult that there are too many cuties.

I skipped Beanz, I might skip this too.

But they are just too darn cute. :D

My wife bought the Hello Kitty pack for herself so she also got me the Marvel pack. For the small size and weird look they are actually rather cool. Way over priced in my mind, almost a dollar a piece when you do the math, but cute and fun for a desk.

Or and for the blind bags, skip series 2. The clear, "sparkly" ones a rather lame.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guh - couldn't help myself!

I found them on eBay for $5, so i went ahead and bought some.

post-2737-0-96085700-1322479173_thumb.jp

The first thing i noticed was - NO WOLVERINE!!!!

Don't get too freaked out - there is (of course) a Wolverine toy in the set . . . What i mean to say is; the Squinkie logo itself only features Hulk, Thor, Iron Man & Spider-Man. The X-Men banner down the bottom shows Colossus, Beast & Storm. No Logan! A Bold and VERY welcome move for any X-Men packaging in my opinion.

post-2737-0-02712600-1322479337_thumb.jp

So - the set is made up of Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Beast & Professor X. PLUS - 3 hidden/mystery figures.

Each of the figures comes in a little plastic sphere. The known figures come in clear plastic balls, while the mystery figs come in opaque yellow balls. Interesting note: Each of the little plastic spheres has an individual, 3-digit number embossed on the small band that holds the two halves together.

post-2737-0-00412600-1322479621_thumb.jp

It's actually a pretty good starter collection of x-men. It's a shame there aren't more females. Rogue, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Psylocke etc . . . would all be welcomed additions, but i sense that since this product is aimed at young boys that we may never see any of them.

And - what's cool is, those mystery figures hidden in the yellow bubbles? tWell - they are a few villains for the X-Men to face-off against:

post-2737-0-25085700-1322479793_thumb.jp

Ok - so the proportions aren't perfect. he he he. Sabretooths head is about the size of Blobs body. But at least we got some bad guys.

post-2737-0-38924900-1322479869_thumb.jp

Mostly, they are a bit of silly fun to have on your shelf. And being about 1cm tall means they don't take up much room at all :)

EDIT: Sorry about the pic quality. I only had my iphone handy.

Edited by Nessex

My daughter is big into the Disney Princess Squinkies, so we picked up a pack of the Marvel ones for her. I enjoy the fact that now Belle and Ariel and Captain America and Thor are playing together now.

That happens in my house too, because I give my daughter my leftovers, like Super Hero Squad figures that came with vehicles I bought for my 'mates. She usually mixes them in with her other toys, so you'll see Batman sitting on the Flyboat with the Wonder Pets. Ah, the joys of fatherhood.

As for the Squinkies... bit odd that they chose to make Cyclops in his Jim Lee outfit, but nobody else, isn't it?

My daughter is big into the Disney Princess Squinkies, so we picked up a pack of the Marvel ones for her. I enjoy the fact that now Belle and Ariel and Captain America and Thor are playing together now.

That happens in my house too, because I give my daughter my leftovers, like Super Hero Squad figures that came with vehicles I bought for my 'mates. She usually mixes them in with her other toys, so you'll see Batman sitting on the Flyboat with the Wonder Pets. Ah, the joys of fatherhood.

As for the Squinkies... bit odd that they chose to make Cyclops in his Jim Lee outfit, but nobody else, isn't it?

Aren't all of them except Storm and Wolverine in their 90s outfits??

Well - they may not costumes that were invented in the 90's, but Colossus, Wolverine & Nightcrawler definitely wore those dud's in the Jim Lee era. Iceman & Beast are pretty 90's accurate (ie: beast is not a freaking cat). And that is a 90's era hover-chair for Chuck.