UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42 Guesses

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A general X-Wave would be nice, as always. We won't have had one of those since Wave 33 (excluding FC), right? With all of the bulking going on, I guess Colossus is due for a re-do (although I think the GSXM version is pretty perfect, even next to bulked up Thing and Juggernaut). Classicky X-Wave: brood army builder/Modern Colossus(Outback variant; Dazzler and Longshot; Banshee and Sunfire. Modern X/SWORD Wave: not sucky modern Beast (First Class boxset tie-in variant)/SWORD army builder; Armor (with bulk pieces in clear red for armor effect)/Ord; Agent Brand/Spider-Woman.

Like Groundhog said, we're also overdo for a Cap wave. The Brubaker run is terrific and full of potential.

With all of the bulking going on, I guess Colossus is due for a re-do (although I think the GSXM version is pretty perfect, even next to bulked up Thing and Juggernaut).

Let me officially cast my vote AGAINST bulking up Colossus. Peter has usually been drawn as a big man, but not superhumanly large. His fight against Juggernaut out of costume comes to mind, where Peter looks smaller than Cain even without the oversized helmet. How about a redo of GSXM version, but with better boots? Heck, use the Ares/FA Doom shin guards and the original GSXM chest piece, that way you can remove both and have Outback Colossus.

The Brubaker run is terrific and full of potential.

I don't read tons of comics but I read that particular run as it happened, I couldn't wait for the TPBs because I was totally hooked...the best stuff that I have read for years & it was handled brilliantly. How on earth we haven't got the characters I listed (not for the first time either) beggars belief especially when we're getting so many lame ones lately .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I don't know how I missed your list when I posted, but that is exactly the potential I was talking about.

Re: Colossus, I should have been more clear. I do not want to see him fully bulked up either. My only problem with Colossus is that while the GSXM version holds up very well with the chest piece on, I think he looks a little too puny with it off. He shouldn't be as bulky as Hulk or Juggernaut, but he should also be more substantial than a vanilla mate. I hate the idea that with all of the other big characters being bigger minimates, Colossus would end up shorter than Wolverine or Havok. Good boots, a belt piece, a torso cover, and some wrist guantlet things I think would do the trick. Maybe. I don't know. I just know that the AXM Colossus is too little.

I don't know how I missed your list when I posted, but that is exactly the potential I was talking about.

Re: Colossus, I should have been more clear. I do not want to see him fully bulked up either. My only problem with Colossus is that while the GSXM version holds up very well with the chest piece on, I think he looks a little too puny with it off. He shouldn't be as bulky as Hulk or Juggernaut, but he should also be more substantial than a vanilla mate. I hate the idea that with all of the other big characters being bigger minimates, Colossus would end up shorter than Wolverine or Havok. Good boots, a belt piece, a torso cover, and some wrist guantlet things I think would do the trick. Maybe. I don't know. I just know that the AXM Colossus is too little.

I'd be fine if they used a chest piece like on Hercules for him.

I agree that the X-Men still need some fun :)

Sunfire/Colossus

Dazzler/Longshot

Brood/Deathbird

Brood/Lilandra

Change Colossus for Banshee and it is perfect !

What he said. Or change Sunfire & Colossus for Banshee & Forge in the blue and yellows. (or black and golds, or however you inturpret the coloring of those standardised early 90's uniforms) I know, I want a classic Sunfire too, but since 616 Sunfire now looks like AoA Sunfire, (which was just a matter of time that I was surprised took as long as it did) I can wait a little longer on him.

Matt, had there been any exploration of how to pull off a Brood minimate while you were still at DST? I'm guessing it would be a similar construction to GB Terror Dog, maybe using the Salaak torso?

Just wondering whether it had even made it onto the discussion table...

I like the idea of X-Mates, but should we get all the b-level and rehashed X-heroes from the 80s and 90s before even getting important A-level (well, maybe not. . .) comic villains like Blob, Toad, Mastermind, Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny, Arcade, Mimic, Proteus, Black Tom Cassidy, and members of the Hellfire Club? Pshaw!

This is an excellent point. I wish that instead of going with a comic FC boxset to compliment the movie, DST had gone with an original Hellfire Club set: Shaw, Emma, Donald Pierce, and Harry Leland. I'd be waaaay more excited about that.

Me, too, but I doubt it would have sold very well (not that I think re-hashes of the X-Men are gonna sell very well in 4 pack where a key member is missing [see the X-Factor set], but. . .).

This is an excellent point. I wish that instead of going with a comic FC boxset to compliment the movie, DST had gone with an original Hellfire Club set: Shaw, Emma, Donald Pierce, and Harry Leland. I'd be waaaay more excited about that.

Well, Emma as White Queen already has a pretty good minimate. So, just for "marketability" replace her with sewage covered Wolverine since a lot of comics historians (better known as geeks with good memory) point to this storyline and Wolvie's sewer slaughter as the point when the little runt's popularity took off. I know, I know, we need another Wolverine like we need a hole in the head. So have a little fun and call him Mucked-Up Wolverine. Just a thought.

And considering Toad is still unmade from the long ago poster, calling him overdue is an understatement.

Edited by Mirymate

I am x-ed out. I need a couple of waves without x men. I know that is probably not going to happen especially with the success of XMFC. I was looking at the eaglemoss site and wish minimates would copy their choices.

moc847

I completely agree, especially when I thought TRU Wave 12 seems to be using Cap and Thor minimates from what I presume would be wave 42. Heck, I'm surprised we've not had a Spidey wave in a while.

I am x-ed out. I need a couple of waves without x men. I know that is probably not going to happen especially with the success of XMFC. I was looking at the eaglemoss site and wish minimates would copy their choices.

moc847

I completely agree, especially when I thought TRU Wave 12 seems to be using Cap and Thor minimates from what I presume would be wave 42. Heck, I'm surprised we've not had a Spidey wave in a while.

I think we will be overloaded with Spidey in 2012. At least one movie wave with store exclusives and probably lots of comic Spidey as well.

We'll probably be seeing a modern Torment-Style Lizard in the Spidey waves around that time... Other than him, I don't know what is likely.

A Peter Parker that's niether emo nor Ulti-nerd would be nice. Probably at least one of the new movie costume's design as a given.

moc847

I think we will be overloaded with Spidey in 2012. At least one movie wave with store exclusives and probably lots of comic Spidey as well.

True, I forgot about the new movie.

At the risk of being shot I'd personally like to see the long over-due release/properly done versions of 2099 and Scarlet. They're two of my favourite costumes and both were a bit plain (though I have modified my Scarlet). Other than that maybe the new Ult costume?