UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42 Guesses

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guesses are as good as any. I tried to hit the full spectrum of Marvel's current releases.

Ronan The Accuser & Quasar

Daken & Some Wolverine Variant

FF Spider-Man & Spider Island Shocker

Captain Steve Rogers & Sharon Carter

Thunderbolts Luke Cage & Man-Thing

Spider-Girl & Venom

Not to spoil anything but I have it on good authority that this wave will forever be referred to as "The Aunt May Series."

Hmmm... You mean Aunt May and all the, ummm... relationships she had?

Aunt May / Uncle Ben

Aunt May (Ultimate) / JJJ Sr.

Aunt May (Trouble) / Jarvis (with reverse Skrull head)

Aunt May (birthday suit variant)/Jarvis (with reverse Skrull head)

TRU exclusive

Aunt May (Golden Oldie, Herald of Galactus) / Dr. Octopus

Who the heck is Red Vulture? :unsure:

"Boys as sharp as a bowling ball" :lol:

-Foghorn Leghorn.

Hey, cut me some slack. I haven't been following the comics lately. ;)

Ewwwwwwwww. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked. :confused:

If we're going to get another Vulture Minimate, hopefully we get Black Drago, instead.

Not to spoil anything but I have it on good authority that this wave will forever be referred to as "The Aunt May Series."

"The Aunt May Series" implies (to me at least) that there is something more than just a single Aunt May coming ???

Does this possibly mean we'll get an Aunt May with a Golden Oldie variant to tie into the heralds set? :yucky:

Some tie in to fear itself? But that might be better as a box set!

Brilliant idea! If only someone had thought of it sooner...

1) A team completion wave would be amazing, and should also include Modern X-Force Domino and/or Elixir and/or Vanisher

2) While many will whip me, I'd go for one last 90's X-Men wave: Banshee/Forge, Wolverine in X-costume/Legion, Caliban as Horseman/Colossus (bulked), Fabian Cortez (v. Exodus?)/Kleinstock Bros.?

3) Fear Itself seems like a logical way to tie-in to an event AND fill in some holes: Steve Rogers/Sin as Red Skull, Hammer wielding Juggernaut/616 Odin, Hammer Wielding Hulk/Red She-Hulk, Hammer Wielding Absorbing Man (variant Titania?)/SHEILD troop builder?

4) Onslaught/Rickey Barnes, Blastaar/Annihilus, Hank Pym/Reed Richards, The Hood (variant Demon form)/42 Guardsman troop builder

:mellow:

I know it's not gonna happen, but Morph, Blink & Sabretooth have me salivating for it, so I'm gonna take the opportunity to write it out here...

Rounding out the Exiles Wave...

Exiles Mimic & Nocturne

Longshot & Sage

Orange Sasquatch & Some army builder... I dunno. Stepford Cuckoo?

Variant: White Sasquatch

I realize that in an Exiles themed wave White Sasquatch makes more sense as the main figure, and normal as the variant... but I'm being realistic... Alpha Flight fans would pitch a friggin' fit if Orange was a one per case variant.

But speaking of Alpha Flight fans, this wave would pull double duty and kick off their team too, leaving the door open for them to nag Diamond for more. And Longshot opens the door for Dazzler. And Exiles Mimic opens the door for people to nag "When do we get the REAL Mimic!?" So you see, not only does this wave round out my Exiles... it helps send Minimates in future directions I know some people have been clamoring for.

But since I know it won't happen I'd settle for this...

Mimic & Nocture as a random Toys R Us filler set.

White Exiles Sasquatch as a variant of Orange Sasquatch in a future Alpha Flight wave. (Preferably with removable parts that turn her into Heather Hudson underneith. Heather often wore a white jacket/jumpsuit, so it would work easily. The limb color would match.)

I'd love more, but those three would be enough for me. Alongside Blink, Morph & Sabretooth, they'd give me a nice iconic team of six Exiles (as is the standard iconic number of Exiles)

I've already mailed Chuck about all this in AskDST. lol...

PS. Before someone throws it in my face, yes I know that Holocaust and Spider-Man 2099 were both Exiles and have minimates, but neiter of them were exactly iconic members. Their runs were both short lived, and both are better remembered in their original books than they are as Exiles. Which isn't the case for Blink, Morph or Sabretooth. Nor would it be the case for Nocturne, Mimic & Sasquatch, who were much more important members in Exiles overall run.

Edited by Gillbob316

Preferably with removable parts that turn her into Heather Hudson underneith. Heather often wore a white jacket/jumpsuit, so it would work easily. The limb color would match.

Wasn't regular 616 Walter/Sasquatch also turned into a woman and had white fur? I was maybe 12 when I read it then but i think i remember a story my cousin gave me from his old collection with purple girl and Walter complaining about being a woman. All that I know for certain was that it was the first title Jim Lee was on so I was more interested in the art than Box and Vindicator.

Back on track, I would not be surprised to honestly see this as a Cap comic wave like others had posted, especially if the Iron Man comic wave was an indicator. Maybe a Winter Soldier, some goons (Nazi? Earth's Mightiest Heroes style Hydra?), Sharon Carter, Sin, Faustus & Captain Rogers. I am basing this off of TRU wave 12 being so Captain America heavy (although it is equally just as heavy on Thor)

Maybe a Winter Soldier, some goons (Nazi? Earth's Mightiest Heroes style Hydra?), Sharon Carter, Sin, Faustus & Captain Rogers.

Y'know, using the new Volstagg beard piece and a fat body, you could make a Faustus pretty easy. Wonder if Diamond has thought of that...

Wasn't regular 616 Walter/Sasquatch also turned into a woman and had white fur? I was maybe 12 when I read it then but i think i remember a story my cousin gave me from his old collection with purple girl and Walter complaining about being a woman. All that I know for certain was that it was the first title Jim Lee was on so I was more interested in the art than Box and Vindicator.

I *think* that was Walter inhabiting the dead body of Snowbird, since she could also take the Sasquatch form. Ah, post-Byrne Alpha Flight....