UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42 Guesses

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a Cap A Comic wave? Or do you think the characters from the upcoming TRU wave will be all we'll see?

What's the schedule like? Would wave 42 be coming out this year? If so - it might be a good time for Winter Soldier, Flacon and the like.

I would like to see an X-Man (Nate Grey) at some stage, but i think AA/DST is done with AoA for now.

another highly likely option is Future Foundation. A new take on the First Family with a brand new look AND SpiderMan as a member. . . I doubt Chuck will pass up that opportunity.

of course, there may not have been enough time to design and produce FF minimates - but it wouldn't surprise me if AA/DST moved whatever plans they had for 42 in order to accomodate something like FF & rush them out in order to strike while the iron is hot.

EDIT: I haven't been reading it, but i noticed DragonMan was on one of the covers. It'd be nice to see him in it and maybe have some Moloids (spelling?) as the army builder.

Edited by Nessex

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a Wave that supports TRU Wave 12, - Cap & Thor characters.

One of the non-exclusive sets from TRU Wave 12 will be in Wave 42, the other non-exclusive TRU pack will be one of those unlabeled exclusives (ala Wolvie/Dark Mags) or will have some of the characters from the SDCC AFX boxset.

I still this TRU wave 12 will be a stand alone wave much like wave 8 (FF). Therefore wave 42 is a toss-up IMO. I hope it's a mixed wave rather than a single themed one. Whatever it ends up being, I hope we get a SHIELD agent as the army builder

A cap comic wave seems like a gimme as long as the movie does well. I need a falcon bad I really can't believe he hasn't been made with a reuse of Vultures wings

I know! :( Hopefully they make one soon.

I'm hoping the TRU boxset will "herald" a space themed wave. Gladiator, Quasar, Ronan, Paibok, maybe a Kree Sentry army builder?

There's so many to choose from!

All excellent choices. :)

If minimates can hold out until next year, it should be the year of the Avengers Minimates.

I am holding out hope of hopes we will see some serious Cap Villians and Allies the rest of this year, and a Black Knight next

moc847

Avengers_Vol_1_6.jpg

05815547774.19.D.STEPHENS.GIF

(updated green Quicksilver and Wanda, as well as Swordsman)

05815547774.8.GIF

84-1.jpg

Avengers movie wave 1(of 3), sorry a little drunk and thinking about Spiderman 3(Uggghhhh)

Guh! That has to be pretty close to my least favourite 2 waves ever. We really did not need both.

I'd have been happy (see: less angry) with a single wave of Spiderman, BS Spiderman, Venom, Sandman, New Goblin, MaryJane & a Gwen Stacey variant.

Having Said that - i'm sure there will be more characters to fill 2 waves in TheAvengers than there were for spiderman 3.

If minimates can hold out until next year, it should be the year of the Avengers Minimates.

I am holding out hope of hopes we will see some serious Cap Villians and Allies the rest of this year, and a Black Knight next

moc847

Avengers_Vol_1_6.jpg

05815547774.8.GIF

84-1.jpg

Those great covers are from the comics that are indirectly the reason I collect Minimates . I have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the majority of Marvel Minimates that we seem to have gotten lately many of whom seem to be obscure niche characters. I have a reasonable grasp of Marvel characters & I guess that an anachronism like myself might be perceived as being biassed towards Silver Age stuff ? Not so,I enjoy many more Marvel titles now than ever before & if there is anybody out there that hasn't enjoyed the first couple or so years of The Avengers then you are missing out....big time.

As for The Falcon's absence from the Minimates roster ...... astonishing :sad:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Obviously this wave should contain life, the universe, and everything.

Now how to translate that into Marvel characters? Cosmic wave with characters like Eternity?

This wave will get destroyed right before being shipped, which will really piss the mice off.

moc847

Avengers_Vol_1_6.jpg

05815547774.8.GIF

84-1.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

And finally, for anyone that can't wait to see if/when the Falcon's coming (though I'm Harold Camping-positive that we're going to see him by the end of the year), I threw together a chest/mask decal set. Feel free to use it:

post-1943-0-64368000-1306170855_thumb.jp

Edited by hellpop

My hope would be a 'roster filler' wave that completes the teams that are just one to two characters short of being completed.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

90s Colossus/Forge

New Mutants Danielle Moonstar/Magma

Songbird/SHIELD Agent (variant: Screaming Mimi)

I have a few other ideas for team completion, but these are the ones I really want to see myself.

Edited by MST3KFan

Considering Diamond's love of Spider-Man, and their tendency to make waves & box sets around storylines whether they're popular or not (looking at you, Curse of The Mutants set), I'm going to guess that Wave 42 will tie into the big Spider-Man summer event, Spider-Island.

- Another Spider-Man!

- the Jackal!

- Shang-Chi!

- the new Venom!

- Some other people!

1) A team completion wave would be amazing, and should also include Modern X-Force Domino and/or Elixir and/or Vanisher

2) While many will whip me, I'd go for one last 90's X-Men wave: Banshee/Forge, Wolverine in X-costume/Legion, Caliban as Horseman/Colossus (bulked), Fabian Cortez (v. Exodus?)/Kleinstock Bros.?

3) Fear Itself seems like a logical way to tie-in to an event AND fill in some holes: Steve Rogers/Sin as Red Skull, Hammer wielding Juggernaut/616 Odin, Hammer Wielding Hulk/Red She-Hulk, Hammer Wielding Absorbing Man (variant Titania?)/SHEILD troop builder?

4) Onslaught/Rickey Barnes, Blastaar/Annihilus, Hank Pym/Reed Richards, The Hood (variant Demon form)/42 Guardsman troop builder