UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That set looks awesome. Curse my lack of funds though...

As for request, how about a groupshot of all the cosmic characters you have, and/or Galactus with the three from the set and Silver Surfer (either version(.

Well,if he devourered all of our politicians it would be so great that I can't describe it. But the truth is this: politicians got their money in various ways but they wanted more and more so they started stealing money from the country's banks,they also tricked us into thinking thar we could get a lot of loans and then they borrowed money from the European union. Meanwhile the people who were working for the country were payed with very high monthly salaries. Now they want us to pay extremely high fees that we can't pay(500€for our house,600€for something I don't remember every year. In addition to the high electricity and loans). Some people like me can still normal cause my family is self employed.So here we are now. To end this I would like galactus to devour all of our politicians but I doubt he could stomach them. He would puke them out and then he would be sick for 5 days. The combination of stupidity and pure evil would be too much for galactus.

Edited by beta ray bill

Wow. Every 'mate in this set looks great. If only every box set were this solid. (I'm looking at you Curse of the Mutants.)

I agree. Hell, I wish they keep up this trend of doing Cosmic Boxsets (i.e. Infinity Gauntlet and Herald of Galactus) and give us the long over due Guardians of the Galaxy set! It should be law that Rocket Raccoon should be in every collector's collection.

Edited by pawcanada

do it... do it

when gh7 got some stuff v.early before and stuck it on eBay, I acted disgruntled. I still feel a little bad about it every time a similar tongue in cheek comment is made, as that was entirely my intention, to be the Archbishop of Banterbury. I'm afraid it didn't seem to come across quite right.

... I'm afraid I'm going to say it, does no one else think this set looks really cheaply made? They just look a little sloppy, and what is up with disco Galactus?

just me? anyone?

Just so you know, I am open to all the bashing anyone can dish out. And for the record, the last time I sold early release Minimates (Halo wave 2) I choked on them. Marvel seems to be the ones people look for and will pay obscene amounts of money to have early. I would love to see how much yb could get for these sold individually on eBay-I'm sure it would be an amazing amount.

... I'm afraid I'm going to say it, does no one else think this set looks really cheaply made? They just look a little sloppy, and what is up with disco Galactus?

just me? anyone?

I have noticed that it is especially the Marvel minimates that seem to have suffered from economy measures ,I could easily quantify my comment but....:rolleyes: .....I'm just resigned to it now .

just me? anyone?

Doesn't look cheap or sloppy to me but I'm not sure what exact parts you are commenting on. I will agree that Terrax's red on his chest isn't strictly within its boundaries, though. But I'm okay with it.

And you mean the sparkly-ness? I think it's the reflection of the cosmos on his shiny armor. And I like sparkly. :)

To be fair, there are a few QC defects here, the yellow paint around the arm ball joints on Nova is missing, some of the recent crotch piece/leg issues we've seen on other releases, Morg can't have both of his legs on the flight stand at the same time due to the boot pieces, Galactus' boots suffers from the same problem as Stay Puft preventing him from standing flat on both feet.

However, I feel that these look a lot better in person than with the flash of my camera. I really need to get a good light box setup someday... :whistling:

and what is up with disco Galactus?

Initially, the clear plastic/shimmery effect really threw me off, but I think it adds to the character. They could just have easily given us a flat paint scheme similar to the prototype pix, but I'm pretty sure we will see another Galactus by the time the Marvel VS Capcom series is finished, most likely with a dark blue/dark purple color scheme. They have to have plans to reuse the molds created just for him. His helmet is fantastic, I think you will be surprised how nice he looks in-hand. :thumbsup:

I'm certain I will enjoy them ,I always do, but the fact remains that currently most Minimates are only worth viewing from the front .....'hunt the paint detail' is fast becoming my latest pastime & I'm beginning to think that character selection is heavily influenced by the simplicity of production . No surprise to me that this character is being avoided like the plague http://www.minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=8&n=Carnage .....a paint app on every surface is a thing of the past.

I just noticed... there are no backs on Morg's boots? That's... weird. I hope that isn't a cost-saving measure that gets picked up for other characters going forward.

I assumed it was a functional thing so you can bend he leg without the leg popping out of the boot thing. It seems to be so high that if they had a back to it, you wouldn't get full bending motion.