UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

For years I've heard stories about bizzare shipping methods by TRU despite never having a problem with them personally. Well that lucky streak came to a crashing halt today when my Heralds set arrived. It came packed in a used, beat to hell, once padded envelope that was held close by a pair of rubber bands. I know it wasn't a "came open in transit so the USPS closed it with a rubber band" situation because the address label was place over the bands. Needless to say, the packaging is less than mint... trampled would be more accurate. But the mates inside are in good shape. Like I said at the start, on some level I thought some of the horror stories you guys have been telling were a bit of angery hyperbolye. I appologize for my unspoken doubts. This was a level on incompotence I can hardly believe.

Set rocks though, and I was going to throw out the box anyway.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My set came today and I have to say, I'm happy with it overall.

What I most find notable is just how incredibly sparkly Galactus is.

I mean really really sparkly.

I can't decide if it's awesome or not.

I actually like the sparklyness -- makes him seem more otherworldy.

Unfortunately the helmet on mine either sits either too high on the head or the tampo is too low, but I can't get the mouth to peak through.

I'm currently watching Twilight (which my wife won't stop giving me grief about, but. . .I'm watching it anyway!), and I discovered that the vampires' skin sparkles in the sun. I'm not sayin that Galactus is a vampire, but I'm not sayin he's not, either. Would be a pretty strange coincidence, though, if it wasn't true.

Edited by karamazov80

My set came today and I have to say, I'm happy with it overall.

What I most find notable is just how incredibly sparkly Galactus is.

I mean really really sparkly.

I can't decide if it's awesome or not.

I actually like the sparklyness -- makes him seem more otherworldy.

Unfortunately the helmet on mine either sits either too high on the head or the tampo is too low, but I can't get the mouth to peak through.

My Galactus was the same way. Turns out the peg in the helmet was bent slightly, so it wasn't aligning right. I straightened it out and then everything was fine.

I'm currently watching Twilight

Wow, you're actually admitting that here? Did you watch MyLittle Pony before watching it or will you just check it out after?

My only question is where do you set your purse while you watch the movie?

sorry.. but you did t-ball that one up there for the rest of us. :) Seriously, the only way to watch those is with Riftrax! pretty funny.

I'm pretty excited for this set. I'm liking all the reviews so far. I am going to have to test my luck hoping it shows up at a local tru.

It occurs to me, the head on Galactus (Galen) might make a really swell Pluto, god of the Underworld and meanie uncle to Hercules. No time to fiddle with parts now, but when I get home from work tomorrow I'm gonna see what I can dig up.

That would be AWESOME! DST should really do an Incredible Hercules wave as that was one of Marvel's best runs. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm currently watching Twilight (which my wife won't stop giving me grief about, but. . .I'm watching it anyway!), and I discovered that the vampires' skin sparkles in the sun. I'm not sayin that Galactus is a vampire, but I'm not sayin he's not, either. Would be a pretty strange coincidence, though, if it wasn't true.

My wife and I wanted to watch the first one last night but we couldn't find it On Demand or streaming download on Netflix. We've never seen it. Sparkle skin? I thought sunlight killed vampires, not turn them into daytime ravers. Now we have to find and watch.

Wait a second.. they are supposed to be vampires?!?.. for years I thought this was a series about Emma Frost's progeny.

aaaaaaand back to the minis. So are the boots literally falling off of the legs without touching them.. or are they just really loose and easy to knock off?

I got this set today and WoW im happy,it's a great box set.Thank you DST

I hate Stephenie Meyers. dry.gif

I'd agree with you, but since I work for the company that publishes her books I have to say otherwise. Actually, the fact that I had amazing Christmas bonuses for the last three years purely because of her says much. One year I got an entire weeks pay on top of my normal bonus plus an extra day off because of her books. That's a lot of Minimates.

Thanks Steph! :thumbsup:

I'm currently watching Twilight (which my wife won't stop giving

My wife and I wanted to watch the first one last night but we couldn't find it On Demand or streaming download on Netflix. We've never seen it. Sparkle skin? I thought sunlight killed vampires, not turn them into daytime ravers. Now we have to find and watch.

It was on cable last night (I actually was not seeking that one out :D ). TNT or some such thing. My wife said it is on tonight while she was browsing channels.

aaaaaaand back to the minis. So are the boots literally falling off of the legs without touching them.. or are they just really loose and easy to knock off?

They touch them, but just barely. This is an issue with both Galactus and Terrax for me. Honestly haven't paid much attention to Bore-g, er, I mean Morg. Not even sure if he's wearing boots.

Edited by karamazov80