UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

Bought! XD Sweet month for minimates. Found the first MvC3 wave, the Real Ghostbusters wave 2, completed the Universal Monsters wave 2, and got Marvel Minimates wave 41 today in the mail, now this...

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty ecstatic that I got mine today (plus some MvC sets) :biggrin: . Quality control's a bit spotty, though. These feel more fragile then your normal Minimates, though I don't know why. But I've got several with boots that won't quite stay on, and I can't get Galactus' helmet to come off. And the Surfer doesn't really fit in the little holes in Galactus' back. But, other then that, no complaints.

hp, I have all of those same issues with mine also. Of course, I also found out just how easily the Surfer can come off of his board. It seems all you have to do is leave it on a table when a four year old is around and he comes right off. But, I did find out that putting the Surfer's head into a sliding lock on a door will not open the lock before it breaks the Surfer.

Geez, gh, imagine that. Clearly you need to speak to someone about that poor QC on that Surfer.

Local TRU got in about 10 of these yesterday. Even though I have a set on order from TRU.com, I couldn't resist buying one.

This is the boxset of the year without a doubt. Every minimate is well done and it comes with lots of accessories. The only thing I don't like is Galactus' gloves/boots are somewhat transparent.

TRU really does get all the good stuff anymore.

Odd i haven't gotten a shipping confirmation for this, i usually always get one right after i order. I wonder if it had to do with using Paypal this time.

Me either... and I too tried paying with PayPal for the first time on TRU. Not going to do that again.

Take the pin out of the tip of her hair, and plug the base directly into the hair. They put quite a bit of thought into it!

Ah ha! Thanks. Sitting down here in my dim basement I never would have noticed that! Complaint retracted. No complaints about this set at all now!

Now we just need Baron Mordo and Tiger Shark and well have The Offenders,

Edited by Rheul

Take the pin out of the tip of her hair, and plug the base directly into the hair. They put quite a bit of thought into it!

Ah ha! Thanks. Sitting down here in my dim basement I never would have noticed that! Complaint retracted. No complaints about this set at all now!

Now we just need Baron Mordo and Tiger Shark and well have The Offenders,

An idea from your fingertips to DST's ear.

Several pages ago, there was some chatter about using Nova's head for Madame Masque... well, I gave that a try, and I've good news/bad news. Here, you can read them in whatever order you wish:

-the good news is that the head does indeed look like Madame Masque.

-the bad news is that the hairpiece that had been suggested (White Tiger's) didn't fit all that well. I had a much better result with the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman hairpiece (which came with several other 'mates back in the day. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow.