UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why call it an October set if you aren't goingto actually release it in October?!?!? :wallbash:

The love / hate relationship with TRU continues,

This is probably a result of globalisation ......Germany for example holds the Oktoberfest (Beer Festival) in September . The Germans however are a tad forgetful ......... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15503097

This box-set looks more & more like something I could get quite excited about. :thumbsup:

Edited by buttheadsmate

This is just peachy! A Box set with FOUR new freaking characters in it.

Pardon my asterisks, but i am so f***ing stoked to be seeing a box-set with all new characters. Can't wait to see them in hand.

(and still no Hearlds... if there proves out to only be a 1/2 hour window on these yesterday morning for online purchases, pissed is not going to begin to cover it... but that's a rant for another thread.)

And this would be that thread. But I'll spare the rant until it becomes neccessary. I expect that more will become available soonish... but I could be wrong.

(and still no Hearlds... if there proves out to only be a 1/2 hour window on these yesterday morning for online purchases, pissed is not going to begin to cover it... but that's a rant for another thread.)

And this would be that thread. But I'll spare the rant until it becomes neccessary. I expect that more will become available soonish... but I could be wrong.

Refer to other thread for 'bhm ironic humour attempt'.

"Braxton Hicks" indeed. And just like when my wife would have them during her pregnacies, these leave me briefly excited but ultimately prove to be nothing. At least these don't require a trip to the hospital, complete with long waits, then ultimately sent home after a few hours disappointed. Still cranky though.

A co-worker of mine said that when she was going into labor, her husband said, "oh don't worry honey, it's just a Braxton Hicks contraction." She said not to say that to a pregnant woman. Just FYI guys. Apparently it's bad.

Nothing. But that's not to say you should say nothing because that's probably worse than anything, so you've got to say something. In the words of the great philosopher, "Keep your distance but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance... I don't know... fly casual."

For the record it was 'my better half' who came up with the term "Braxton Hicks" when I was discussing Minimates/TRU.com with her last night .....I had never heard of it ,why would I?

BTW ......What can you say to a pregnant woman that they don't think is bad ?? :rolleyes:

"No honey, the muumuu does not make you look fat"

"You are even more beautiful now than on our wedding day"

and the one that will defuse the rollercoaster of emotions she's dealing with:

"Have a seat and I'll rub your feet and get you something to eat"

I also can't wait to get a box set with all new characters in it! My struggle lately has been that it is difficult to buy a box set that is 1/2 or 3/4 different versions of already made characters so I am glad to get a set that I will have no hesitations to buy it!

I never found your user name more appropriate than right now, YB. See how easy it fits into this sentence... "Got your shipping confirmation, youbastards?" Just rolls of the tongue. ;)

Pix!!!

Box - Front

Heralds-Backjpg.jpg

Box - Back

Heralds-Frontjpg.jpg

Nova

[Her flame hair has a little peg that can be removed from the hair, so she can be displayed either standing or in flight!]

Nova-Frontjpg.jpg

Nova-Backjpg.jpg

Nova-Blastjpg.jpg

Terrax

Terrax-Frontjpg.jpg

Terrax-Backjpg.jpg

Terrax-Flyingjpg.jpg

Morg

[The surprise of the set!]

Morg-frontjpg.jpg

Morg-Backjpg.jpg

Morg-Flyingjpg.jpg

Morg-Hairjpg.jpg

Galactus!

Galactusjpg.jpg

Galactus3jpg.jpg

Galactus2jpg.jpg

Galactus4jpg.jpg

Galactus4jpg2.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with this set, and plan on picking up extras when they become available. They are all great 'mates. The Silver Surfer is really cool, but has trouble staying in place on Galactus. They did a great job representing the Minimate form in the tiny Surfer, it is really easy to tell that it is supposed to be a Minimate. Also, Nova without her hair is going to make a really easy Madame Masque QC face.

Ho-Ly...

Those look absolutely AWESOME!!

Can Not Wait to get me a set of them!

But.. you need swap those axes, YB. Terrax gets the weird half cresent techno one. Morg gets the double sided battle axe.