UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New TRU Herald of Galactus Box Set

AllStarMatt

This was just posted up at dst.com.

Heralds of Galactus Toys-R-Us Minimate Fan Poll!

We're back, with what is now an annual event, the Toys R Us Minimate fan poll! Toys R Us is once again teaming up with the inmates of Art Asylum to let YOU the fans pick our 2011 Minimates exclusive box set. This year we’re going cosmic and celebrating Galactus and his heralds. This year voters will decide which heralds of Galactus figures will be featured in this first of its kind box set! We've come up with what we think are 5 ideas for the devourer of worlds heralds that represent the characters from different eras and of course Galactus himself.

That's right, True Believers! Beginning 5/15/11 and continuing until 5/31/11, fans will be able to visit toysrus.com and artasylum.com and cast their ballots in deciding which of their favorite Cosmic heroes are to be included in the exclusive Minimates box set. Spanning the over history of the Marvel Universe some of these are characters that fans have been requesting for years and thought there was no way Diamond Select Toys would ever make, we've now designed them for you the fans.

·Galactus – Sole survivor of the universe existing before the Big Bang, Galactus is perhaps the most feared being in the cosmos! This Minimate includes: a mini Silver Surfer Minimate and board that can be attached to Galactuss shoulder.

·Nova (Frankie Raye)- Frankie Raye was the stepdaughter of Phineas T. Horton, inventor of the android Human Torch. Horton brought Frankie with him as he dug into the spare parts and chemicals he used to build the Human Torch decades earlier. Frankie was exposed to a canister of chemicals which set her on fire, but instead of being harmed she gained powers similar to the Human Torch. This Minimate includes: a new fire base that elevates the figure and creates the illusion of flight and flame flowing as part of her hair.

·Morg – Morg was the executioner on the medieval world of Caraner, until one day the world devourer Galactus consumed it. Morg opposed Galactus but rather than destroy him he selected the ruthless Morg to be his herald. This Minimate includes: a flight base as well as the Ax he fought Terrax to regain.

·Terrax – Tyros was once the dictator of the city Lanlak on the planet Biri, where his superhuman ability to common rocks and earth enabled him to overcome all resistance. Galactus made Tyros his new herald Terrax. This Minimate includes: Asteroid base, as well as a base elevator base for the asteroid, and his distinctive ax.

·Air Walker – When he first arrived on Earth, he was mistaken for the angle Gabriel after he announced his name. Upon his arrival on earth he was able to single handedly defeat the Fantastic Four. Gabriel is not an angel but an highly advanced robot and the second known herald of Galactus. This Minimate includes: clear wings and a flight base.

·Firelord – Sent by Galactus to earth to enlist the aid of Thor, Hercules and Ego in order to save the universe. Soon after, Firelord asked Galactus for his freedom and Galactus released him and he was allowed to remain on earth. This Minimmate includes: his distinctive staff and a flight base.

So make your choice and cast your ballot for the all-new exclusive Heralds of Galactus box set, available exclusively this fall from Toys R Us and Diamond Select Toys! The top four fan selections will be included in the set, so rally your own army of heroes or villains and become a part of Marvel Comics history!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy: Galactus, Nova, Terrax, Firelord. I could be talked in to subbing out Nova for Air Walker, though.

Of course, it's 5/16, and I don't see anything on AA or TRU's site. Bah.

BTW, dst.com takes you to a wholly unrelated site. Gotta type diamondselecttoys.com all the way out.

Awesome news! I hope we get design sheets for these like we did with the Secret Wars poll. I think that if 4 heralds won the vote that DST would find a way to release Galactus somewhere else, so I will be voting for Nova / Terrax / Air Walker / Firelord just like blizzerd.

Hmmm...part of me wants to believe that Galactus could come in a MvC wave, so voting for him here may be a waste of a slot.

Yeah, I'm going to go for Nova, Terrax, Air Walker, Firelord as Galactus is a big enough name to see him released in another line, especially since he is the end-boss of MvC3.

Galactus + mini-Silver Surfer = Winning. This should be a fun poll. I can't wait for 5/15/11 so that I can get my votes in.

Am I crazy, or wasn't that yesterday? January, February, March, April, May... it is May, right?

Awesome news! I hope we get design sheets for these like we did with the Secret Wars poll. I think that if 4 heralds won the vote that DST would find a way to release Galactus somewhere else, so I will be voting for Nova / Terrax / Air Walker / Firelord just like blizzerd.

This

i cant wait to see the design sheets :D

im voting for the four heralds, since as luke said, galactus will find his way in some pack in the future (maybe MVC3?)

also, almost every cap through the ages mate has made it to release so i could see the same happening with this :D

Galactus + mini-Silver Surfer = Winning. This should be a fun poll. I can't wait for 5/15/11 so that I can get my votes in.

Am I crazy, or wasn't that yesterday? January, February, March, April, May... it is May, right?

That's what I thought, too, but the release says voting starts 5/15/11. Neither DST nor TRU have a history of getting dates wrong, right? I just hope we get to vote before Saturday.

Edited by Turtle

I have a feeling that the voting structure for these is to separate out the top vote-getters not to put them all into one set, but to give TRU and DST clues as to what characters might be able to carry two-packs down the line. Remember that, high-vote-getting "fan favorites" like Storm and Spider-Woman got left out of the Secret Wars set in favor of ding-dong choices like Beyonder and Doom, but made it into two-packs later.

I think Galactus is pretty much a lock for this set right out of the gate. Look for one "fan favorite" character (I'm going to say Terrax), one low-custom-parts character like Airwalker, and one recognizable sales anchor – I will be very surprised if we didn't see a reuse of the Silver Surfer from the past two-pack, maybe in battle-damaged form.

Then, I would count on seeing either Firelord or Nova in a two-pack next year some time.

That's what I thought, too, but the release says voting starts 5/15/11. Neither DST nor TRU have a history of getting dates wrong, right? I just hope we get to vote before Saturday.

Wasn't the Captain America poll page on TRU.com hidden until someone around here just happen to find it days after it started? Come on guys! Keep digging into TRU.com!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=8168

I thought that, too, but the last sentence says "the top four fan selections will be included in the box set." However, the rest of the piece is rife with spelling and grammatical errors, so that could be an oversight... :tongue:

It seems highly unlikely that Galactus wouldn't be one of the top four vote-getters anyway, so it's probably a moot point.

Very, very cool.

First page on DST's site also has the design sheets behind the ad for it. Some key things:

Nova's hair is or connects to a base.

Firelord has a "jet blast" base from the IM minimates and a new staff

Terrax is appropriately bulky but nut like the new Hulk or Juggy. Can't see much of his weapon

Morg is big but you can't see much of his front. Looks like he has a new axe and thigh-pieces

Galactus' is posed perfectly to be the most visibly. And he looks stunning.

No sign of Air Walker.

My votes will definitely be Galactus (he's too amazing to risk never getting), Terrax, Firelord, and Nova.