UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shockini's....

bruticus

Some negative space leftover on a platform vinyl figure because of an awkward design isn't that uncommon if you've seen how Qees and Dunnies sometimes does their characters (ordinary human + bear/bunny ears = ?), though Mallows getting away with something like that on a toy with an intentionally large head does seem pretty egregious.

They're... trying.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I saw some Shocker Toys figures in Toys R Us the other day. They didn't look too bad, but the packaging made them seem kind of cheap. They were Indy, Marvel Legends-type toys. Included were Silverhawk, some chick I didn't recognize, disposable assassin guy, and possibly someone else. Maxx was on the back of the package, but I didn't see his toy. He didn't seem to be a BAF, though each figure seemed to come with some of the little blob guys from the Maxx comic (don't remember who they were--it's been a loooooooong time since I read the Maxx).

Those are Isz. I love the Maxx but not that figure of him, although Shocker did produce a little SDCC minifigure that was a much better representation of Sam Kieth's art. You're right, it isn't a BAF (though it was originally announced as one, a million years ago when the line was first supposed to come out), it's a higher-priced carded figure, but on a larger card and with 3 Isz.

I think they did a much better job with the Scud figure than the rest of the line, of course it's a much simpler design, but they really brought it to life perfectly. Can't remember noticing the packaging was cheap, but I do remember it had spelling mistakes on the back :rolleyes:

I wandered in here thinking people were bashing Shockinis only to find it wasn't as much fun as I thought. <_<

That line of indie toys is a big disappointment in that the price is way too much for what you get. I really like wave 2's offering of The Tick. I can handle the price, but not that fact that to get Arthur I have to buy the whole wave, which includes a bunch of other characters I've either never ehard of or don't carry about. And there's some exclusives, but they're so expensive they make the regular figures look cheap. Very disappointing treatment of a good property.

Series 1 had a mail away for Mr.Gone, which a Mr.Gone figure would be awesome, even if done crappily, but considering how un(insert proper adjective) the company is I did not want to buy all the figures most of which I could care less about and pay for shipping to get NOTHING.

I'm just human ...I just go with the flow although not with the pack. Shockini is synonymous with 'lame' (here) which might actually be a tad unfair .......however ..........

Fate dealt me an unusual hand when I met the Shockini crowd in the motel I was staying at during SDCC 2008. I'm not judgemental & couldn't really give a toss about whom I meet whatever the circumstances............... but they really were stereotypes :D Perhaps they said the same about me ....am I bothered ???

I know I keep on about SDCC ...I'm sorry but I'm f*ck*ng excited :woot:

Edited by buttheadsmate

but they really were stereotypes :D

I used to be a stereotype, but I think I'm finally getting an iPod for Father's Day.

I'm just not sure how Shocker Toys has survived over the years. They do put out some okay product, but because they don't have the largeness to their company they can't do a reasonable price or get it out to the masses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

His latest Facebook post from April shows that all of the evil agents are still ganging up on him.

Geoff Beckett
April 7 ·
"Update and sorry for lack of:
The factory holding the tools hostage has told us to go F ourselves when we raised almost 7k and they tried to redemand 10k for the tools. We have told them to hit the road and if we see our tools being used we will sue the pants off them. The new factory will now start on the body system we had planned and finish the exclusives and products we have the rights to first for anyone waiting on them. We have an exclusive deal with a shop who canceled and that put a negitive on the new tooling funds. We cannot refund anyone at this time but under the rules of the store and page we stated that upon getting a reserved product you agreed to wait unti the products were released which is what we are currently working on. Once the new tooling is completed to replace the old tooling we will show updated test shots of the new action figures. We are sorry this has taken so long but stepping in the mud of another company has turned into quicksand quickly. Now that we have ruled out all other possibilities it is onward and upward with Plan B to get new products out and into stores. We will updated the store and again if a product is not being made we will offer a substitute or a refund where needed once we have starightened everything out."

I actually saw him at a local con not too long ago. He had his whole Suicide Girls Poisonous Pinups thing going on, with just a basket of Shocker Toys to the side of his booth. I think he might have finally given up.