Shockini's....

bruticus

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Yes you are.

The packaged Scud factory test shot Gwarff has been showing has a leg that looks like its already broken off in the package. I can't imagine the NYCC con exclusives - that won't be available at the show mind, you can pre order them - will be any better.

Kabuki has no facial scars AND she's got a man crotch.

Shadowhawk is a very 'meh' character regardless IMO. The novelty of the character wore off about 4 issues into the 1st run of the comic for me.

The Maxx is too small and McFarlane did a much better figure years ago.

Don't even get me started on the generic female they're claiming represents Katchoo.

These figures should've shipped 12/31 according to Gwarff. Then they were delayed to the Chinese New Year. If the figures were manufactured, the New Year 2 weeks later wouldn't have affected product already on the water.

The fabled 'air shipment' of the NYCC figures isn't going to make it either - again because of the New Year.

All of this is just more of Gwarff's BS. The less people talk about Shocker the better the world is.

Unscrewed is going to repost the CBR Lying in the Gutters Shocker related thread in it's entirety. It isn't up yet because the PDF is HUGE - we were up to around 104 pages before the thread got pulled due to what was reportedly an absolutely insane phone call to Jonah (of CBR) from Gwarff himself.

Jonah's info on why the thread was pulled:

Gentlemen,

I'm going to shut down this thread. After repeated calls and e-mails and threats from Geoff about this thread, of which I don't believe any of it is actionable, I have decided to shut this thread down. This does not mean I am supporting Shocker Toys work in any way, just that I don't want to deal with any further calls of the level of which I received yesterday. This would be the second call I've received from him and while the first last year was unprofessional, his call on Tuesday was completely out of bounds. His call has been logged and his actions noted with my attorney.

Shocker Toys is no longer welcome on the CBR Forums and their accounts will be banned. If any users who are familiar with their account names could get in touch with me via PM, I'll add them to the list.

In 12 - 24 hours I will soft delete this thread -- that means that while the posts will not be publicly readable, I'll still have access to them should there be that need.

I do this if only to avoid further interaction with Shocker or its employees. While I will not go into details, the call yesterday was the last straw and once again I will reiterate that there is no belief on my or my lawyer's part that any legal action can take place as a result of this thread.

Unscrewed is going to repost the CBR Lying in the Gutters Shocker related thread in it's entirety. It isn't up yet because the PDF is HUGE - we were up to around 104 pages before the thread got pulled due to what was reportedly an absolutely insane phone call to Jonah (of CBR) from Gwarff himself.

Funny thing about that thread, the mere fact they were going to delete it made me rush over to read it. Seems like a Streisand effect to me. Of course, after I saw how many pages I realized I wouldn't be able to finish it before it was pulled, I saved a copy for myself. It really is interesting reading, with all the sock puppets, legal threats, and childish behavior. I'm about half way in, Diamond just canceled Shocker's solicitation for the figures. It's like a novel, I can't wait to read what happens next. :D No spoilers please. :D

Is it me or does his latest toy design just look like a rip off of a mighty mugg? I wonder how close the shape has to be for some sort of design stealing thing to come into effect and then Hasbro will eat him for lunch.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery...34035997-57.php

Funny thing about that thread, the mere fact they were going to delete it made me rush over to read it. Seems like a Streisand effect to me. Of course, after I saw how many pages I realized I wouldn't be able to finish it before it was pulled, I saved a copy for myself. It really is interesting reading, with all the sock puppets, legal threats, and childish behavior. I'm about half way in, Diamond just canceled Shocker's solicitation for the figures. It's like a novel, I can't wait to read what happens next. :D No spoilers please. :D

Reideen should lawyer up and publish a book. "A Shocking Look At The Toy Industry". Very wild stuff!

Is it me or does his latest toy design just look like a rip off of a mighty mugg? I wonder how close the shape has to be for some sort of design stealing thing to come into effect and then Hasbro will eat him for lunch.

Augh, they just moved all of the links. Here's the new one:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery...34035997-57.php (It used to be NYCC Day Two, but now it's NYCC Miscellaneous)

Augh, they just moved all of the links. Here's the new one:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery...34035997-57.php (It used to be NYCC Day Two, but now it's NYCC Miscellaneous)

"Any feedback, we listen!"

Heh... I have feedback for them: STOP MAKING CRAP. I wonder what would happen should someone say this to them.

Hmm. . .suspiciously, I cannot download that pdf file.

I actually downloaded it, and it's about 26 MB. Unfortunately it's damaged so it won't work. Also, clicking on the link won't work. I had to paste the link into a new webpage and rightclick and download it.

As much fun as that would be to watch, the Mugg design is pretty much a rip off of those Munny/Dunny figures that have been around for several years. Leave it to Shocker to take such an easy design concept and make it look like a pile of crap though! And then stick a "don't touch" sign on it, like anyone would want to :lol:

As much fun as that would be to watch, the Mugg design is pretty much a rip off of those Munny/Dunny figures that have been around for several years. Leave it to Shocker to take such an easy design concept and make it look like a pile of crap though! And then stick a "don't touch" sign on it, like anyone would want to :lol:

Actually, these designs look like almost direct rip-offs of the old Madballs line of toys. I see that they also had a sign up for purchases - was anyone that went to NYCC able to purchase a Shockini? Or was this merely a ruse?

Actually, these designs look like almost direct rip-offs of the old Madballs line of toys. I see that they also had a sign up for purchases - was anyone that went to NYCC able to purchase a Shockini? Or was this merely a ruse?

The real question is, who would WANT to? :P

The real question is, who would WANT to? :P

Some poor, completely clueless sucker, I'll bet.

Madballs strikes me as a very odd choice of toy line to rip off. Shocker must be even MORE out of touch with the current market than I ever imagined. Talk about living up to the hype.

Actually, these designs look like almost direct rip-offs of the old Madballs line of toys.

Those aren't rip-offs, those are actual Madballs (I can vaguely remember them having bodies in some '80s cartoon), they must have the license...

American Greetings has been contacted to confirm/deny this. So far, they're unaware of any licensing agreement with Shocker.

Those aren't rip-offs, those are actual Madballs (I can vaguely remember them having bodies in some '80s cartoon), they must have the license...

American Greetings has been contacted to confirm/deny this. So far, they're unaware of any licensing agreement with Shocker.

Um, okay then... By "must have the license" I just meant "would presumably have the license if they are displaying them", and (from a quick google search) claiming to have it. Although, obviously, **insert random joke about the trustworthiness of any Shocker claim here**

My point was just that the images are of specific Madballs characters, not rip-offs.

Actually, these designs look like almost direct rip-offs of the old Madballs line of toys.

That's cold, Rei. Deliciously cold. Remind me to never get on you bad side! XD

Reideen - if it turns out that they don't have a licensing agreement, do I get to be put on the Shocker Toys hit list as well? :thumbsup: