UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shockini's....

bruticus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the amount of properties that Shocker toys claims to have, I wonder how long each license lasts for. I hate to admit this but I have interest in the Solar and Madman Shockini's, if only to see what the articulation actually is like. However, that would require them to actually release SOMETHING before the end of time.

Articulation is slightly better than a Kubrick, but only because they have elbows and knees. It certainly isn't on par with Stikfas. It isn't any better than what you get with a 'mate. Range of movement is about the same - even in the 'upgraded' version 3 or 5 or whatever # they claim to be up to now.

The cuts on the shoulders and thighs to extend the (limited) range of motion were suggested by yours truely, so any 'bias' Gwarff claims I have against him certainly didn't stop him from taking the suggestions in my review (way back in '03, iirc) and implementing them for an 'improved' product.

The website I linked to above has been pulled due to Gwarff complaining to the provider. The individual who created it is fighting their case currently and hope to have it back up soon.

The website I linked to above has been pulled due to Gwarff complaining to the provider. The individual who created it is fighting their case currently and hope to have it back up soon.

The more I hear about this guy, the more I think that he must be the Uwe Boll of toys.

Edited by karamazov80

Did anyone receive an e-mail from this company recently? I don't know how I got put on this guy's mailer, but given his reputation and being banned from a few forums I've belonged to, I told them to take me off their mailer. Things have gotten so bad, there's another toy forum that's actually has a forum dedicated to "educating" the public. Below is the e-mail, but I don't see how this company can stay in business, given their behavior and poor shipping dates :wacko: Must be nice to have money you can piss away.

October 6th, 2008

Greetings!

Shocker Toys is happy to announce an alliance with many major Independent comic book creators to distribute a full fan-driven Independent comic book action figure line. Shocker Toy’s expertly crafted, hyper-articulated and highly sought-after Indie Spotlight comic book heroes toys are now available and shipping in December 2008. Pre-order now www.shockertoys.com , www.bigbadtoystore.com or Diamond Comics. Stores and Press are urged to contact us for pricing and detailed press info.

Indie Spotlight Comic Book Heroes: Series 1

Series 1 (Maxx Series) features Jim Valentino’s ShadowHawk, Rob Schrab’s Scud the disposable assassin, Terry Moore's Katchoo of ‘Strangers in Paradise’, David Mack’s Kabuki and MTV’s The Maxx in 8”. Made of sturdy plastics and hyper-articulated joints, these figures can be posed in many ways. Each comes with extra hands, accessories, comics or posters and an Isz from the Maxx’s world. Collect all 7 figures and their UPC's to mail away for a Mr. Gone figure, the sinister dark enemy of The Maxx.

trouble seeing images or for larger images visit our products page at: http://www.shockertoys.com/products.php

About Indie Spotlight:

'Indie Spotlight' Comic Book Heroes is a new 6" scale action figure series from Shocker Toys representing independent comic book characters in hyper-poseable figure form with a comic or poster pack-in.

Series 1 breakdown:

The Maxx: MSRP $14.95 1 Figure, 1 Headress, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy isz, 1 Black Isz, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084781 (Order codes good through December)

Kabuki: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/sickles, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084782 (Order codes good through December)

Katchoo: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/9mm, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy Isz, Diamond order code: OCT084800

Scud: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/11mm, 1 Poster, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084780 (Order codes good through December)

ShadowHawk: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, Grapple hook, 1 Poster, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084779 (Order codes good through December)

SOL (Scud Variant): MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 1 Poster, 1 Black Isz, Diamond order code: OCT084799

ShadowHawk (Variant Black Costume): MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, Grapple hook, 1 Poster, 1 Black Isz , Diamond order code: OCT084798

Series 2: The Tick, Dick Tracy, Ignacia (WildGuard), Jack Staff and Zombie King (Deadworld) The mail away for this line will be the Tick's sidekick Arthur. Also featured in the series will be posters, comics, great accessories and Tick themed accessories spread out through each figure in the assortment.

For more information, please visit Our Website www.shockertoys.com

Sincerely,

Staff at

Shocker Toys LLP

Aaaaaaaaaand they've been cancelled!!! Shame, as I'd pre-ordered the Maxx figure :(

Yeah I called my LCS about it last week because I'd ordered in July and still hadn't heard anything. They got back to me after speaking to Diamond UK and said it'd been cancelled. I suppose it could have only been cancelled over here though.

• 3 weeks later...

I documented my chance meeting with 'Them' in this thread http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...=3662&st=40

I must confess that I have a complete collection of Shockinis which I display in my 'Exclusive Shockini Display Cabinet', here's my proud display of all those currently available.

post-638-1227787635_thumb.jpg

'Exclusive Shockini Display Cabinets' are relatively inexpensive & have 12 points of articulation , 12 more than the guys I met in the hotel ........who were inarticulate .

Something had to have happened to him recently. I'm not sure why he started in on me again after all this time but if he wants to bring up the past, I'll bring it all out for everyone to see. My old blog posts have been posted at CBR - they get way more traffic than my blog ever has AND they're good about taking down scam artists like Gwarff. (If anyone has time, I'd recommend reading the Olney thread from the beginning. There's some good stuff in there.)

My guess is he's running out of time on his license agreements and needs any quick $$ he can scrounge up to get SOMETHING made. He figures he turns up his message board spam, gets some free advertising and gets a couple of people to take a risk and pre-order the figures from him. Then when he changes the ship date AGAIN and gets out of refunding people via Paypal, he's made another profit without producing a single figure.

I hate to have my name associated with him again after all this time, but sadly I have the documentation on his past and if it helps shut down his scam once and for all, I can live with that.

• 1 month later...

Seeing as how this guy seems to be a complete scam artist, I can't say this comes as a surprise. Have to admit that I am semi-disappointed as I wouldn't have minded a mini-sized Madman and Solar to my collection. Then again, after seeing this alleged "Toxic Crusader" figure, who knows if you would have been able to identify it as such.

BHM - should you want to add this to your already large Shockini collection, here's the link to an auction.

post-2053-1232158911_thumb.jpg

Edited by jjwspider

Seeing as how this guy seems to be a complete scam artist, I can't say this comes as a surprise. Have to admit that I am semi-disappointed as I wouldn't have minded a mini-sized Madman and Solar to my collection. Then again, after seeing this alleged "Toxic Crusader" figure, who knows if you would have been able to identify it as such.

BHM - should you want to add this to your already large Shockini collection, here's the link to an auction.

It looks more like Sloth from the goonies than Toxie.

That was 'sculpted' by (and bragged about) by an admin at an action-figure website. Based on the quality of the sculpt, I'm shocked he didn't turn it into a lucrative career in the action figure industry.

Hey, I sometimes brag about the things I make in the toilet too.