UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shockini's....

bruticus

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! An invasion so secret, no one is able to find product to buy! :D

I know that I'm going to have a nightmare tonight, where all my Minimates reveal themselves to be hideous Shockinis in disguise. . .

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to bash a company but there are a few of my friends that all share the same thought when we see them set up at a con or at Toy Fair.

How does a company survive when...

1. You have no idea where to buy the toys.

2. There are always the same "Coming soon" toys being displayed.

They have a lot of courage to keep it up - I will give them that. It just seems like a lost cause IMO.

The problem isn't so much the product itself as it is the company and the douchebag running the show. The product is ok - they certainly aren't up to minimates, kubricks, fluffits or stikfas standards IMO, but they're ok for what they are. Some of the concepts - 4 arms, 4 legs etc (all thought of by members of the company forums btw - not by the 'brain' running the company) were good ideas that could easily be taken and applied to other, superior block figures.

Another problem is the company presence (spam) on message boards. If your opinion isn't 110% positive, then your views are sh!t and you're "biast" against the company and the product. IMO, they're worse than Mattel when it comes to learning from past mistakes.

The problem isn't so much the product itself as it is the company and the douchebag running the show. The product is ok - they certainly aren't up to minimates, kubricks, fluffits or stikfas standards IMO, but they're ok for what they are. Some of the concepts - 4 arms, 4 legs etc (all thought of by members of the company forums btw - not by the 'brain' running the company) were good ideas that could easily be taken and applied to other, superior block figures.

Another problem is the company presence (spam) on message boards. If your opinion isn't 110% positive, then your views are sh!t and you're "biast" against the company and the product. IMO, they're worse than Mattel when it comes to learning from past mistakes.

You sir are so correct it hurts.

beckett is a douche bag. need proof read his forums at shockertoys.com

You sir are biast against the far superior brand and the genius that is Beckett.

And I should probably let that joke die at that before I get banned.

• 3 months later...

Ok so my first contact with this brand was walking by their booth at SDCC last year and stopping to look since it was atleast similar to Stikfas. The guy at the booth was way pushy and a real jerk. The figures looked intersting enough for me to check out their website and after looking at their stuff I figured it wasn't worth much. I did come across a picture of a Bucky O'Hare shockini and was pissed that they got to make those and not some other better brand becasue I loved those toys as a kid. But as it has been stated here many times this company sucks and their Bucky O'hare line never came to fruition.

• 2 weeks later...

uhhh actually, they would have to make some first.

I spoke with Geoff on MSN the other day, and all the shockinis have been cancelled.

They are currently pulling the tools on the 3 inch models. and working on a new scale.

He is just as ridiculous on MSN as he is in the forums, everything is everyone elses problem, and everyone loves his figures. what a total tool

They are currently pulling the tools on the 3 inch models. and working on a new scale.

Something closer to 2", do you suppose? Just speculating here...

according to Geoff, it WAS going to be a 2.5 inch, then it was changed to a 3 3/4 inch design.

But hell according to him they are still going to get a Dec release

I saw a shockini at a Newbury Comics in Marlborough, MA on Sunday. it was this one:

post-560-1223417289_thumb.jpg

and I don't drink or do drugs, so there's no way I was halucinating. And no, it was definitly not a stickfa.

BS

PS. I apolagize for posting the above pic, as it is both a disgrace to the Multiverse, and painful to the eyes.

Edited by blacksun1520

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone receive an e-mail from this company recently? I don't know how I got put on this guy's mailer, but given his reputation and being banned from a few forums I've belonged to, I told them to take me off their mailer. Things have gotten so bad, there's another toy forum that's actually has a forum dedicated to "educating" the public. Below is the e-mail, but I don't see how this company can stay in business, given their behavior and poor shipping dates :wacko: Must be nice to have money you can piss away.

October 6th, 2008

Greetings!

Shocker Toys is happy to announce an alliance with many major Independent comic book creators to distribute a full fan-driven Independent comic book action figure line. Shocker Toy’s expertly crafted, hyper-articulated and highly sought-after Indie Spotlight comic book heroes toys are now available and shipping in December 2008. Pre-order now www.shockertoys.com , www.bigbadtoystore.com or Diamond Comics. Stores and Press are urged to contact us for pricing and detailed press info.

Indie Spotlight Comic Book Heroes: Series 1

Series 1 (Maxx Series) features Jim Valentino’s ShadowHawk, Rob Schrab’s Scud the disposable assassin, Terry Moore's Katchoo of ‘Strangers in Paradise’, David Mack’s Kabuki and MTV’s The Maxx in 8”. Made of sturdy plastics and hyper-articulated joints, these figures can be posed in many ways. Each comes with extra hands, accessories, comics or posters and an Isz from the Maxx’s world. Collect all 7 figures and their UPC's to mail away for a Mr. Gone figure, the sinister dark enemy of The Maxx.

trouble seeing images or for larger images visit our products page at: http://www.shockertoys.com/products.php

About Indie Spotlight:

'Indie Spotlight' Comic Book Heroes is a new 6" scale action figure series from Shocker Toys representing independent comic book characters in hyper-poseable figure form with a comic or poster pack-in.

Series 1 breakdown:

The Maxx: MSRP $14.95 1 Figure, 1 Headress, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy isz, 1 Black Isz, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084781 (Order codes good through December)

Kabuki: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/sickles, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084782 (Order codes good through December)

Katchoo: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/9mm, 1 Poster, 1 Pink fairy Isz, Diamond order code: OCT084800

Scud: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 2 Hands w/11mm, 1 Poster, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084780 (Order codes good through December)

ShadowHawk: MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, Grapple hook, 1 Poster, 1 White Isz, Diamond order code: JUL084779 (Order codes good through December)

SOL (Scud Variant): MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, 1 Poster, 1 Black Isz, Diamond order code: OCT084799

ShadowHawk (Variant Black Costume): MSRP $13.95 1 Figure, Grapple hook, 1 Poster, 1 Black Isz , Diamond order code: OCT084798

Series 2: The Tick, Dick Tracy, Ignacia (WildGuard), Jack Staff and Zombie King (Deadworld) The mail away for this line will be the Tick's sidekick Arthur. Also featured in the series will be posters, comics, great accessories and Tick themed accessories spread out through each figure in the assortment.

For more information, please visit Our Website www.shockertoys.com

Sincerely,

Staff at

Shocker Toys LLP

I can send you a copy of Shocker's cease & desist order if you'd like. You can fill in the blanks yourself. :D

You mean he doesn't have one yet?

I'm pretty certain that they have sent out more ceist and decists to people than actual product... :)

T.