UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shockini's....

bruticus

I recently picked up the white Shockini and i'm quite impressed with it. The 18 points of articulation are pretty good for a figure so small and i like the idea of being able to customise the figure into what you want with the added bonus of stickers (Although the rip off Autobot and Decepticon symbols is pushing it a bit far) and the complete blankness of the figure...

So what does everybody else think of them ?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently picked up the white Shockini and i'm quite impressed with it. The 18 points of articulation are pretty good for a figure so small and i like the idea of being able to customise the figure into what you want with the added bonus of stickers (Although the rip off Autobot and Decepticon symbols is pushing it a bit far) and the complete blankness of the figure...

So what does everybody else think of them ?

I've heard we're supposed to hate them...

To be fair, I picked one up a couple of years ago. Just judging the Shockini toy itself and nothing else, I thought it was okay and rather cool. The poseability thing and some weapons/accessories are a plus and I think some customizers would have a field day with them. But I just didn't feel it was the right mini-figure for me like Minimates are. Minimates are just cuter! :wub:

Shockinis are my tops on my list...

... that is, if the list is titled "THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT TOYS EVER PRODUCED."

I can't believe Reideen took the high road on this one, considering the history, so I'll go ahead and cover this one.

God awful, those things are. In fact, that a couple years ago when Shanester asked me to pick up the WWC exclusive shockini for him, (back when he was addicted to heroin and not thinking straight) I did it under EXTREME protest and as covertly as possible so as not to be seen purchasing one of these abominations by someone I know. If that's not being a true friend, I don't know what is.

Why do I feel this way? Well, they look terrible. The articulation in the upper arms and thighs makes no sense at all. They are ball-joints, but the design of the figure only allows slightly more posability than a cut joint. The shoulder and hip joints also suffer from very limited posability because of the sorry design of the body.

You say that the "blankness" of the figure bothers you slightly? If you ever happen to see the licensed shockinis I think you'll change your tune. They look like they were produced by a special ed. art class. Trust me, a blank shockini is the best shockini you'll find.

The marketing plan was well thought out and impressive. Endless spamming of the old AA board, the TNI board, and who knows where else, about how awesome their new toy was and how they have 18 points of articulation (even though the posability blows) and everybody should buy them, and so on and so forth. Yeah, shockinis are way better than Minimates and Stikfas. Riiiiiight.

Yeah, I rate shockinis just above articulated horse shit... barely.

Yeah, I came to regret sending MV on that mission. But to be fair, I only wanted it because of the skeleton aspect. I wanted it to go with my Lego, Xevoz, & Stikfas skeletons. In fact, he stands next to them, to this day.

Otherwise, I have no use for these things...

I can't believe Reideen took the high road on this one, considering the history, so I'll go ahead and cover this one.

I've got quite a history with them, true, just not worth discussing because I don't want any of their spam cluttering up the forum here. (This is the 'company who cannot be named' that you all may have seen referenced in other posts from some members.)

WOW! You guys really hate these things. I wanna see the skeleton one. Who has a pic of it.

Not really anything special:

shockuse1.jpg

Looks like something any 1/2 way decent customizer could easily do. Hell, even I could do something like that.

Wow, that looks dumb

My shockini cost me £3.00 because it was the last in stock...

So i'm gathering there's not a lot of love for shockini's on this board then :P

I dunno, i stand by my original post, i like them but then again, i like most mini figures so...

Minivenom, it's actually the blankness of Shockini's that grabbed me in the first place what with the whole idea of being able to customise your own mini figure. I thought that was a great idea.

I remember seeing a Shockini black costume Spiderman custom that was pretty good...

NO, definitely not much shockini love around here. I wouldn't make fun of anyone else for buying them, though... besides Shanester.

To each his own, I say.

Exactly, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that...

NO, definitely not much shockini love around here. I wouldn't make fun of anyone else for buying them, though... besides Shanester.

To each his own, I say.

And he still bought it for me. What a guy! :P

The figure is a lot crappier (word?) in person than the photos I saw beforehand. I certainly would not pay $10 for one (again). :unsure:

If anyone is oddly desperate I have a red one and a white one haunting me.. please make them go away

How much do you want for them ?

One persons already Pm'd me so they get one

You can have the other.

Same price as I usually charge :P

LMK your address again.

If anyone is oddly desperate I have a red one and a white one haunting me.. please make them go away

How much do you want for them ?

One persons already Pm'd me so they get one

You can have the other.

Same price as I usually charge :P

LMK your address again.

Sending you a PM now *Nod*