UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ProtoPlanet Minimates and Comic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProtoPlanet_cover_xsm.jpg

The comic is finished, so I am releasing it early! :)

Here is the full comic in 2 different formats:

ProtoPlanet 01 (PDF, 24MB, right click and save-as)

ProtoPlanet 01 (CBR, 13MB, right click and save-as)

(CBR is a great format for reading comics on your PC. Free reader here.)

Everything else will be available on Thursday, including a few additional formats for the comic.

I hope you like it!

you'll be happy to know i ate my vegetables ;)

EDIT: that comic was AMAZING!! i cant wait for issue 2 and i hope the series continues after that :D

i especially loved your character sketch, any chance we will be seeing more of your artwork? :D

Edited by undeadpool

damb good comic.can't wait for part 2

Thanks guys! The comic was a ton of work, and I am glad people are enjoying it. :)

That was awesome Luke! Can't wait for the second issue. Will you be printing hard-copies of the comic to sell with the Minimates?

For now I am keeping it online only, although I might consider a printed volume once issue #2 is complete (which will be this summer).

As promised, I have two previews from the deluxe kit that shows alternate versions of some of the characters from issue #2:

pyx2.jpg

The deluxe kit actually comes with two sheets of thick red plastic for making these awesome wings.

The Pyx image isn't too much of a spoiler, but this next image might be, so I will hide it behind a link. You can see Mauro's alternate version here. I am only showing it because I think it looks really cool, and people might be curious as to what exactly is included in the deluxe kit. I will have more details on that tomorrow morning. :)

In case you missed the release of the comic before, scroll up a few posts to find the download links!

The ProtoPlanet kits are now available for order!

p_envelope_xs.jpg

The ProtoPlanet Figure Creation Kit is our largest and most detailed kit yet. Each one of the 8 figures in this kit can be made in a matter of minutes, and no prior customizing experience is required. The end result will be an amazing set of customs that look like they just rolled off the factory floor.

kit01.jpg

The basic kit includes all base figures needed to make the 8 main ProtoPlanet characters (one New Mutants Box Set and one Age of Apocalypse #1 Box Set). The only tools you will need are a sharp pair of scissors, a hobby knife, superglue, and a large permanent marker. No paint is needed, and as always we include a second set of character stickers in the kit, just in case you make a mistake with the first set, and also detailed application instructions. This kit uses our new sticker paper, and I hope you love it as much as I do.

We also have the ProtoPlanet Deluxe Figure Creation Kit available, which includes several extra items, including a set of bonus stickers:

p_envelope2_xs.jpg

This kit includes all base figures needed to make 16 ProtoPlanet characters (two New Mutants Box Sets, two Age of Apocalypse #1 Box Sets, and one blank white minimate body). This deluxe version also includes the energy pistols that Kaim and Mauro use in the comics. Here is the full breakdown of everything in the deluxe kit:

• 2x New Mutants Minimates Box Set
  • 2x Age of Apocalypse #1 Minimates Box Set
  • Stickers for 8 unique characters
  • Bonus Stickers for creating additional unique characters
  • Duplicate sets of stickers in case you make a mistake with the first sets
  • 2x Thick red translucent plastic sheets for Pyx's alternate wings
  • 2x Energy pistols for Kaim and Mauro as seen in the comic
  • White minimate body, arms, and legs for Young Kaim
  • Detailed application instructions and tips

kit02.jpg

youngkaim_t.jpg

In addition to the alternate looks I have already shown, and Young Kaim above, the bonus pack includes stickers for Amy, Battle Mode Cygnus (issue #2), oxygen mask face stickers (issue #2), and alternate faces for all characters. Plus you will have two of each army builder in your collection.

We also have the basic sticker kit available by itself if you already have the parts.

You can see everything on our ProtoPlanet page here: http://lukestoystore.com/protoplanet.html

And please let me know your thoughts on the comic once you have a chance to read it, as this is the first comic I have ever made, and it is something I have always wanted to do. :)

And please let me know your thoughts on the comic once you have a chance to read it, as this is the first comic I have ever made, and it is something I have always wanted to do. :)

You're damned good at it, that's for sure! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

Love the alternate look for Pyx - the translucent wings really make her pop.

Also love the comic. I can't imagine the amount of work you had to do posing, then taking pictures, then editing & adding the special effects - my mind boggles. But great job on the visuals.

Thanks guys! I have actually been working on everything since February, and it feels great to finally be able to share it.

also luke will you be releasing any dioramas for these?

I wasn't planning on announcing anything yet, but since you asked, the answer is yes. ;)

Thanks guys! I have actually been working on everything since February, and it feels great to finally be able to share it.

I wasn't planning on announcing anything yet, but since you asked, the answer is yes. ;)

now im giddy with excitement :D

Luke sir, this is FREAKIN AMAZING!!!! The customs/kit is top shelf as always but the comic on top of it all is brilliant! Great work for your first run of a comic, I cannot wait for issue two. Oh and sign me up for a hard copy man, its so much more fun to share that way!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to issue two-will there be a new set to go with it or will it just be the comic?

There are currently decals in the deluxe sticker kit that are from issue #2, although now that I have written the full script, there will be a few new decals that I need to design. I will be sending these stickers for free to anyone who ordered the deluxe kit once issue #2 is released. :)

• 6 months later...