UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ProtoPlanet Minimates and Comic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it and just got busy and forgot to post. I thought it was great and was a small improvement over the original issue. Not that the first was bad, but it seemed to me like you had a better feel for the second one (maybe that was just imagined). I liked the conclusion and found it was worth my time to read. Well done.

Just read it and it's rather good. There's some grammatical issues and some of the dialogue is worded a bit weird to me, but you can't create, write, build sets, take photos, do the effects and edit everything alone and not expect a couple issues. as a whole, it's very awesome. I would like very much to see this continue for many issues to come.

Nice work, Luke.

Edited by The Geohound

i finally got to read it last night and part two is awsome, a great continuation to part one.Im ready for the next adventure for sure :biggrin:

• 1 year later...

Anyone remember this project? It has been on my mind a lot lately. I was reorganizing my Minimate shelves this summer, and I dug out all of my ProtoPlanet customs (I made at least 2 dozen for different shots). I got them all set up, and it made me think about how much fun I had making these comics, and how special the whole project was to me. I started talking to a local printer about making a trade paperback of the comics for myself. I mentioned it to some of my friends, and they expressed interest in having a copy as well. I received the sample copy yesterday and it turned out beautifully. It is 64 pages long, which includes 6 pages of bonus material. The covers are glossy cardstock, and the print quality is amazing.

I am going to make a limited run of these for the store, with the total quantity based on how many preorders we get. I will have preorders open from now until Sunday, December 1st. The run of comics will be printed and delivered here by December 16th, and I will ship them out the next day. For people in the US these will arrive in time for Christmas. After this run I do not expect to be making any more of these. I can sign them upon request. You can find the preorder in the store here: ProtoPlanet: Attack of the Borloth Trade Paperback

pp01_zpsf7970561.jpg

pp03_zpsff64c143.jpg

pp02_zpsd627cb99.jpg

pp04_zps26c31476.jpg

pp05_zps15ba12d0.jpg