UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ProtoPlanet Minimates and Comic

Hey guys,

As you might have seen at MMHQ recently, I am working on a new sticker kit along with a 2-part comic series that ties into it. The story is called ProtoPlanet: Attack of the Borloth, and it will be over 50 pages in length once it is completed. You can see examples of the artwork at the MMHQ link above. It is the story of a team of soldiers and scientists who are sent to young planets (protoplanets) as they are still forming. Generating planets from scratch tends to generate new and unpredictable problems, and this crack team is sent in to help when things become too complex or dangerous.

I am getting very close to finishing everything, so I thought it would be a good time to start this thread, and share some new goodies. :)

First up is the cover of the first issue:

ProtoPlanet_cover.jpg

All of the characters in this story and in this kit aren't shown on this cover. I have to save some surprises for Issue 2!

I am also going to start posting previews in this thread of the actual minimates you will be able to create with this kit. I thought I would start with the captain and team leader, Kaim, and also the main adversary of the first issue, the Borloth:

kaim.jpg

borloth.jpg

I have having a blast with this project, and I will be sharing more pictures soon! :)

EDIT: The kit and free comic have been released here: http://lukestoystore.com/protoplanet.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Luke,

please stop with your crazy awesome and amazing projects.

You're making the rest of mmmv look bad, and people are gonna start looking at us like we suck.

Sincerely,

Mamba.

In all seriousness though, I want a few packs asap. Are you also selling the comic onine?

Luke, I am read to hand over whatever money you need for me to have these. Thanks again for being so awesome!

I second this notion :D

Thanks guys! Here is the next set of previews:

mauro.jpg

Mauro is Kaim's friend and right hand man. He will have a larger role in issue #2, and he has a really cool alternate look that I will show later.

nolistis.jpg

Here is your very first look at Nolistis, who is a major adversary in the story. I wanted to make good use of the yellow translucent Sunfire body, so his stickers are shaped differently to let more of the base figure show through.

More previews coming soon!

these are awsome Luke I cant wait to put them togeather and read the comic.you got me wanting more :biggrin:

Thanks guys!

What are the base sets going to be?

They will use the New Mutants and Age of Apocalypse #1 sets as bases.

Today's update brings you the two cyborgs on the team:

pyx.jpg

Pyx is the team's eyes and ears in the sky. In the kit, you will be assembling her wings from the packaging that the figures come in. There is a guide and template included that makes this a quick and easy process. I will also be making a few short videos that show everything from applying the stickers to making the team's accessories.

Pyx also has an amazing alternate look that I will be posting in a few days.

cygnus.jpg

Cygnus is the pilot of the Lamprey, and also the ground team's source for information and data. Here is some art from the comic that shows Cygnus in his natural environment:

preview08.jpg

Here are the last two reveals from the standard kit:

anuel.jpg

Anuel has a very big role in the first issue. She has a lot of attitude and kicks a lot of ass.

And here is your very first look at this character from the second issue:

dieloth.jpg

The name is sardonically given to these creatures by Nolistis. The similar design between all of the aliens is intentional, and is a piece of the larger story. I will be exploring more ProtoPlanet aliens in future sticker kits.

Next up will be some of the alternate versions of the characters that are part of the deluxe sticker kit (the larger kit for those who choose to buy more than one set). :)

All of the characters look awesome Luke. Can't wait to get the set and start putting them all together :D. Interested in seeing the alternative version as well...