UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mystery Man's Minimate and Lego Modifications

Thanks, all!

A few pages earlier I outlined how to modify the Creature so his feet stay on his legs better, for anybody who hasn't seen it yet.

As for Drac without his cape, it's the "Days of the Future Past" movie old Magneto's waist cape with a modified torso. I cut the front-center from a Van Helsing jacket and then did the same with a Dracula cape and combined them with a little super glue and paint to fill in the gaps. I then glued the whole thing down to a torso peg. It took some careful work but I think it turned out nicely.

How many years has it been and I'm still trying to supplement the UM line with my own noodling around? smile.png

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM, how did you make the saw blades for Gladiator? Was it the mu whirlwind?

Saw blades came from some Lego set awhile back. I'm racking my brain trying to think of where they came from. The holes fit perfectly into the old wrist cuffs that held Invisible Woman's shield in place. Lemme keep thinking of where I found them. I've had 'em for years.

Edited by Mystery Man

Positive I'm not the only person who wanted to do this, but as I just got my Mirage set in the mail I had to "fix" this asap.

C716D4A1-A31D-48E9-BA2E-B693EB1D0EA0_zps

1B952D32-ABB8-4B7C-9774-33A9CDED6D89_zps

The Mirage heads were were super easy to separate from their bandanas, whereas the animated ones took a little prying even after they settled in boiled water.

Edited by Mystery Man

Awhile back I picked up the Lego Ecto-1 and did some modifications for Minimates. Had to make it wider and I used a different type of glass for the side windows. It's not as ingenious as how they originally made it BUT it's sturdier this way.

Have to take the legs offa 'mates to make them fit but it's still better than having no Ecto-1 at all. And after all the money I've invested in Minimate/Lego compatible sets, this was a must have.

Apologies for the picture background... I worked on the finishing touches overnight at work.

image_zps6cce842a.jpg

image_zps851f56c6.jpg

image_zpscc42995d.jpg

image_zps79a32b36.jpg

Besides taking out the seats and steering wheel, I found that the long gray plate underneath the roof holds it together much better.

The windows were replaced by standard glass blocks rather than using the creative (but not Minimate friendly) way they released it. For the back glass you'll need a total of 4 of the taller glass pieces.

image_zpsf3a75b11.jpg

image_zpsfac8830f.jpg

image_zpsba6970ae.jpg

image_zps31137f8c.jpg

Edited by Mystery Man

The laboratory tower is primarily the Lego Monsters Fighters set with parts from the Lego Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle.

I buy multiple sets and then make the existing ones bigger with more details and try to make the buildings have 360 degrees of detail rather then just half s building. Lots of my sets have hinges to open them up.

The lab itself was just parts I had from other sets.

Edited by Mystery Man

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...