UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mystery Man's Minimate and Lego Modifications

I keep contributing to the Modifying Marvel Minimates thread, but I thought maybe this'd reach more people.

Anyway, I'm a big comic-accurate Marvel fan and decided to try my hand at some Asgardian's without the use of painting. I put several of the Thor movie minimates to use, as you'll be able to tell. There are also Gimli parts used quite a bit. If there's interest in specific parts used, feel free to ask and I'll letcha know what I used.

In the first picture, there's Heimdall, Lady Sif and a good Asgardian.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=34404057&l=b124d53304&id=70302941

In the second picture, there's three meanie Asgardian's for Loki to boss around and use in his evil plots.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=34404059&l=c9c36e719c&id=70302941

Hope you enjoy!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't EVER view the links you post in Facebook.

It's says link is broken or I do not have permission... also I don't do Facebook, so i still probably couldn't view them anyway.

Can you not just post them here as well?

If I had someplace that I knew I could post them other than Facebook, I'd be happy to. If anybody else DOES have that capability and wants to host them so others can view them here (or has any tips for me so I can host them myself) I'd be glad for the help.

Edited by Mystery Man

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Regarding Madame Masque, there was talk of it in the "TRU Galactus Heralds" thread.

Credit where it's due:

-youbastards did me a solid by checking the female White Tiger hairpiece with the Nova head since I didn't have them yet. He also sent me a free White Tiger hairpiece so I could make one! A swell guy!

-Hellpop put together a really nice version of her, but I still was looking for one along the more classic black/blue costume lines.

Here's the version I was going for:

th_madameMasque.jpg

And here's mine:

Photo321.jpg

Recipe is:

White Tiger hair

Nova head

Champions Black Widow chest/crotch

DCD Batman Series 1 belt (Battle-damaged works too)

Invisible Woman TRU legs/arms

BSG solider holster

generic pistol

that is suprisingly effective. I can't decide which hair piece I prefer. the white tiger seems more accurate but the spider woman shows of the "face plate" a bit more. I think a quick paint job on the IM2 black widow belt/holster would make this look spot on.

Very nice, Mystery Man! The blue definitely looks better. I would have also preferred to do that with mine, but I didn't have any matching blue arms and legs laying around. So I went with what was at hand.

Incidentally, the hairpiece I used was actually a blonde one that I painted black; I think it was from Dagger. I called it Spider-Woman's hair, since it's the same shape, but I forgot about the lack of a peg hole. How odd. My issue with the White Tiger hair was that I couldn't get it to fit over the ridges on the Nova head without forcing it down. I generally prefer the newer, more detailed hairpieces, but for this one the older hairpiece was the right tool for the job.

BTW, if you want to replicate the dark blue highlights on the old Marvel Universe sheet, take a blue sharpie to the chest tampo. It will give you a bit more accuracy, and will still be a "no paint" custom. :thumbsup: