UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beginning of the end for me.

i seriously cant believe your leaving :( i remember seeing you post when i first joined, and i thought "man this guy knows his stuff", ever since youve been like a mate deity, there are many great people here and you are one of the best of them, i wish you look in your future endeavors and god speed, i hope one day to see you return :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to highjack Rob's thread, but I'm also going to be saying goodbye to the mmmv.

Got alot going on in my 1:1 life, and I kinda want to put a gun in my mouth.

Anyhoo, I will sorely miss your wit, wisdom, and general kindness Rob. And I mean that sincerely, from the bottom of my black heart.

If you want, Rob, pm me and I'll give you my email, and other ways of staying in touch. If you don't want to, I can understand that too.

Doc

Darn, man! I really hate to see you go. From the first day on you were living proof of people having a great sense of humour even outside of Germany. Like we'd say here, you are a Kerl who has his Lederhosen in the right place, ja? I learned to like you - and sometimes even respect you - although there is Wembley '66. Man, I'll miss you and your insignificance but friendly way.

So fill me to the parting glass, good bye and joy be with you!

Hope that's not the last things I'll ever said to you!

You probably don't need any more posts on this thread - but i'd like to say that you have definitely made this a better place, not to mention a much funnier place.

When i first joined up on here there was 3 or 4 people that i looked to for directions on how to act/interact in this environment, and you were one of them.

Your price guide is awesome & your blow-outs have really helped me (someone who came to minimates later in the game) fill in a lot of those gaps & grails in my collection.

I'm sure everyone here appreciated your good nature & generosity.

Peace out man! Be Excellent! :highfive2:

Sorry to hear this. I have to say just for what you said to me when my life went pear shaped a few months ago put you in the good guy column in my book.

Don't be a complete stranger and thanks for everything.

I don't know what to say. I know I haven't been around much, and the fact that I have no money prevents me from buying he last dozen Minimate releases. But I don't think I'd leave just now.

I understand where others are coming from. The sense of comradery this place once had seems to be lacking. That's why I was excited about the C2E2 meet up next year. Maybe a new beginning? Or the beginning of the end?

Wow just read this whole thread and im realy bummed out to say the least.I just wanted to let you know that you have a friend here in Washington state.I debated to even post or not but to bad you get a post anyway :biggrin: .Im sure your reasons for this are very legit and so i want to just let you know if theres anything you know where to find me.Thank you for everything .I always read your posts either they make me laugh or im about to learn somthing new.Oh yeah We better get updates here and there of your lake :) -Adam

The ol' Multiverse just won't be the same without you, BHM. Just don't be a stranger, okay?

And hope life treats you better down the line, Doc.

(That goes the same for all the other boardies we've missed lately. :blush: )

And another one jumps ship for the Shockini movement. :yucky:

Things will surely be different without you here. Don't be a stranger.

And in regards to the other member who is parting ways, hope things look up for you Docholliday666. Won't be the same around here without that little blob of brown clay.

Sad to see you go, But I totally understand.

I have pretty much stopped collecting minimates and abandoned the hobby but still come by to see how everyone is doing or if there is anything new and interesting drama happening.

Even if you do give up the hobby Rob, don't be a stranger, you've made friends here and that's something worth investing a little time in every now and then :)

T.

I am bummed at hearing this news as well. I have been around this place for a long time, and even though I don't post much, I am on this site just about every day, and do look forward to reading your posts when i see you've got something to say. Timbo is right, and I have made some pretty good friends on here, and would really like to stay in touch (even if I won't say anything, lol)and wouldn't mind sharing a pint with you one of these days (not that I search the internet to find guys to drink with :yucky: )

cya around ?!?

Rob,

first of all THANKS! for all you have contributed to this forum and for the kind words you always had to me either in threads or by PM. I will seriously miss you and your wit on this site. i wish you peace and all thats good in life, Friend. -M

:sad: :sad:

Rob - I think this thread has shown that regardless of the decision you make to continue collecting Minimates, we hope you will still have a vocal (or would it be written?) presence here. You are a large part of this community, not just your knowledge and insight of the lines you collect, but your wit, humor, and observations are something we truly enjoy and help to make this more of a community, not just a forum where people talk about tiny plastic toys.

Spend some time away if you need to, but I hope that you will start to miss this place as much as we will miss not having you here.

Leaving? You all know you can never truly leave right? Right?!? I mean sure you can go try to have a life for a few days/months/years, but you'll be back. MMMV owns a piece of your soul (it's in the fine print in the new member sign-up agreement), trust me you can never truly leave :devil:

So we'll see you soon!

In the meantime, in Rob's absence, would everyone please refer to this link when posting.

I keep thinking that if I ignore this thread, I can deny the truth of its content. I'm sorry to hear you are moving on BHM. You are a presence that will definitely be missed. I still hope to be welcomed at the Bumblebee Barn. I do hope you find that you can't live without us. :)

Well this is a bummer. Your a good guy Rob and Ive always enjoyed your posts. I enjoyed you hooking me up with SA Angel even more. You'll be missed but these things happen. I myself wouldn't be around so often if I actually had to work at my job. If I don't hear from you again, good luck, stay strong.

Who are you? ;)

Seriously, give yourself some time and space. That's what I did after the Art Asylum era. I still poke my head in from time to time. I'm sure you'll do the same. By all means, yes, keep us posted on ducklings! In the meantime, enjoy yourself! I'm sure MMMV will keep the light on for you.