UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beginning of the end for me.

I've had some fun here & made some good friends & for that reason I recently decided to let you know that I intend to wean myself off of the Multiverse. Only one person has made more posts than me (& Sam's are far more intelligent) & only Shane & Boyd have more trade-feedback . I'm pretty proud of my Price Guide & I know it's helped more than hindered ......something that I would like to be remembered for. :tongue:

It is unlikely that I'll just stop collecting Minimates altogether but I'm an 'all or nothing' person so who knows? One or two friends here have begun to suss that all is not as it should be with my enthusiasm of late so I thought I'd come clean with those that might care :biggrin:

I've ,personally, been aggrieved when other members have disappeared overnight so I decided to pre-empt that situation by making this post & I'd be obliged if the first Mod that sees it locks it because I'm not dying or attention-seeking & no replies are necessary & don't write me off just yet .

Thanks for listening. Rob.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunrise, sunset...

Sorry to hear you're winding down. Minimates have changed a lot in the last few years, and it can be disconcerting to invest as much time, energy and passion as I know you have, then wake up one morning and realize "these aren't the toys I fell in love with anymore."

You've been such a great supporter of both the hobby and this board. It was a privilege to meet you in person at CC last year; you're just as fun in person as on the internets.

Hope you'll still poke your head in from time to time to give us the business. <_<

The only constant in life is change, I suppose. :sad: I appreciate the... I don't know... final post as a heads up on moving on. I'll miss your humor, insight, and all around buttheadedness. Hopefully you'll come around every now and then or at least check your PMs. ;) And can I make a request? Please? Can you post an update on your pond whenever there's significant change? Like baby duckies showing up?

Best wishes to you and your future my friend.

Shit Rob, I'm sorry to hear that. But I understand that things change. I hope you'll keep in touch one way or another, and am sorry that we weren't yet able to meet in person. Keep on keepin' on :buttrock:

Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated but my intention is to withdraw slowly without drama ....I hate drama.....there is no way I could just stop coming on this forum altogether overnight . As for meeting up with you guys, in the past & in the future, was & will be a pleasure.

Enough. ;)

my intention is to withdraw slowly without drama ....I hate drama

Well that's just too damn bad, ain't it. Suck it up and deal with it. :D I figured you would understand that it's important for folks to express their appreciation for a guy to that guy even if that guy doesn't want to hear it.

Thanks for the kind words, they are appreciated but my intention is to withdraw slowly without drama ....I hate drama.....there is no way I could just stop coming on this forum altogether overnight . As for meeting up with you guys, in the past & in the future, was & will be a pleasure.

Enough. ;)

I am glad you made this thread, and happy to hear that you will not be disappearing completely. I will definitely miss your posts, as more often than not they would put a smile on my face, and brighten up the thread around it. I will stop there, as I suspect the drama meter is entering the red zone. :)

If I edited your post count would you stay?

SEE! SEE! this is why they were hidden!!!

(also no, not locking it)

You should go out in style tbh, delete every post you ever made, worked really well for me two Art Asylum boards ago...

Sorry to see you of all people disappearing from the forum BHM. I do understand how you feel though. Wish you the best of luck fella and take it easy :confused:

Well crap... I never thought I'd see the day. You will be sorely missed Rob, when and if that day comes. Your humor, generosity, and English teacher qualities are irreplaceable and non-refundable. I am suddenly seeing the opening credits to Watchmen and hearing Bob Dylan in my head, yes sir, the times they are a changing. If you do officially quit the habit, I for one plan on sending you a random mate every so often to get the itch going again :devil:

BS