UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

X.S.E. Strike File: Electra Nachios (Electra)

Electra is one of the few remaining mutant psycho-kinetics left on the planet. While the organization has put a lot of effort into the removal of this type of mutation, Electra has been more than a match for everything we've thrown at him. This is due to the fact that he has martial arts skills far surpassing the ordinary human gained from extensive training by the group known as the Chaste and mystical powers gained from his time working as an assassin for the Hand ninja sect. After all that training to be the perfect killing machine he added training in telepathy and telekinetics, by joining one of Magneto's X-Factor teams that included the X-Men James Grey (Phoenix) and Brian Braddok (Psyloche).

While he was only a ninja assassin his weapon of choice was a pair of sais. He still uses them but now he relies much more heavily on his psyonic katana.

Electra only fights with the rest of Forge's X-Factor when forced to do so. He prefers to work from the shadows and take down XSE forces when they least expect it. That's not to say he isn't a danger in battle. Whether using Weapon X as a shield or just simply not being where he should be when a round reaches his position, we have yet to score a single hit. The only tactic for taking him down is the same that is in effect for Quicksilver of the XA. Shoot everywhere at once and hope for a lucky shot. Otherwise you're likely not to wake up some morning due to having your brain diced while you were asleep in your bunk.

Electra01.jpg

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X.S.E. Strike File: Allan Blaire (Dazzler)

Allan is a mutant that converts sound into light. When Magneto recruited him to an X-Factor cell he was a failed disco singer using his powers to dazzle his audience before robbing them. With Magneto's training he rapidly developed his powers to the point where he could fire lasers and create hard light holograms. Still it seems that Allan preferred the life of a performer thief because he joined the mutant teleporter, Leon Cheney and left Earth shortly before the mutant control acts were passed.

When he returned to Earth Allan was a drastically changed man. Half of his body is now nothing more than a hard light hologram and the other half is composed of techno- organics. It is possible that even his head, the only part of him that still looks human, is in truth just a thin skin mask covering more techno-organics considering how little is left of his body.

His reasons for returning are, as of now, unknown. It is possible that he came in search of Forge's skills to regain a human body or it could have been that his bodyguard, Reverb, informed him of the death or incarceration of many of his old X-Factor friends. What we do know is that he is going to be one damn tough mutant to capture or kill. No matter where he is shot he simply regenerates the area. If he is captured he can use his tech to infiltrate computers or break down physical containers. Energy barriers have no effect, sound containment is absorbed, and even if we find a way to contain him there is always the possibility he'll simply create a hard light clone to turn off the container. This is one case where we can only hope that he'll get discouraged with living on Earth and return to his life elsewhere.

Dazzler.jpg

wow, that is the coolest idea for dazzler ever :D

Thanks, now I'm just waiting for a translucent Spider-Man web grip hand and webbing to be released with one of the energy based mates so I can use it as a hard light accessory for him.

the big time spidey comes with a translucent orange web line, not sure if you knew.

Yeah, I'm using an extra one of those as a plasma whip effect on another custom. Otherwise I've got to heat the web-line in boiling water and then rapid cool it in ice water to straighten it and have it hold its shape.

However, the part I'm keeping in mind is the web grip hand that comes with the Modern Golden Age Spider-Man. It is already in the shape I need. I'm nothing if not patient so I'm sure it'll eventually be released as a translucent energy effect hand. Even if I have to wait until it is released as an accessory for a Green Lantern mate in a future DC rebirth. :lol:

I suppose for a stand in I could always paint one yellow.

Reverb is my first personal creation that I'm posting. I'd considered creating a Strong Gal as Dazzler's bodyguard but none of the parts seemed to work quite right. Hopefully when a Titania mate gets released there'll be female powerhouse piece that will properly create a super strong female character. Until then Reverb will be filling the Bouncer/Bodyguard role.

X.S.E. Strike Files: Reverb

Reverb is an alien of the Skrull species, a Super Skrull to be precise. This means that in addition to his shape changing abilities he also has taken on the powers and skills of four other super beings. So far we've observed Psylocke's psyonic daggers and Colossus' organic metal body; which leaves two powers, as yet, unknown. Until we can discover what these powers are it will be difficult to create the best strategy for killing him. He does seem completely devoted to the task of keeping Dazzler safe. Use this to distract him and then monitor for the manifestation of undocumented powers.

Should Dazzler decide to leave X-Factor and the Earth Reverb will likely go with him. While this is conducive to XSE goals, I'd just as soon be rid of another alien invader who has the power to infiltrate even the highest offices and positions of power in our God fearing country.

Reverb01.jpg

Reverb03.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Patriot Sentinel Alpha Unit

The patriot Sentinel is the newest unit to come out of R&D. It is based on a Doombot frame, using Stark armor enhancements, and painted to remind citizens of Captain America and a sense of patriotism. The Patriots are as powerful as the God Busters but that power is housed in a friendly package.

The Alpha unit, unlike standard production models, has been fitted with Weapon X's adamantium claws and is equipped with a sophisticated A.I. unit giving it a greater range of command abilities. While some consider this a dangerous precedent it allows Alpha to present a human friendly demeanor during press conferences and other public appearances. However it should be pointed out that the unit has been outfitted with a kill switch in the event that it malfunctions.

The primary problem with the Alpha unit is the fact that we've had to substitute an Atlantian shield for Captain America's original that was stolen my the Dark Damsel. As soon as we've recovered the artifact the Alpha Unit will be complete.

PatriotSentinel.jpg

I have to say, your Dazzler is a great reuse of Warlock & Sunspot parts. Love his backstory as well.

And your Weapon X is very striking. Love how you have her a white and blue color scheme, but it's still recognizable as Wolverine. Almost looks like a variant figure that toy Biz would have made - Snow Wolverine, maybe.

I have to say, your Dazzler is a great reuse of Warlock & Sunspot parts. Love his backstory as well.

And your Weapon X is very striking. Love how you have her a white and blue color scheme, but it's still recognizable as Wolverine. Almost looks like a variant figure that toy Biz would have made - Snow Wolverine, maybe.

I'm beginning to think that I have a talent for putting together what are, for the most part, team filler characters. Dazzler is a quick fix for an extra space in the X-Factor team. The only thought that went into his creation was how much of the Warlock armor to cut away and the creation of the biography. I guess sometimes I'm just inspired without realizing it.

As for Weapon X, from the first photos of White Tiger all I could think of was "So that would be Rancor's version of Wolverine's yellow suit". For a while I even had Psylock's blades on the figure until I decided to change her into Weapon X.

X.S.E. Strike File: Daredevil (Matilda "Matty" Murdock)

Daredevil was one of New York's many heroes for years. She'd worked as a lawyer by day and as a vigilante at night. Quite the accomplishment considering she is completely blind. As far as we can tell she is completely human; however, she has trained her other senses to the point were it often seems like she has super human powers. We're not entirely sure why Murdock moved to Chicago but the move took place shortly after Weapon X joined the Avengers. It is also around that time she broke up with long time lover Electra.

While we're not actively trying to take down all of Force Works, Daredevil is one of the members out of our jurisdiction. She is human and considered differently abled on top of that and the last thing we need right now is the press getting sympathizers riled up over our mistreatment of a human. If Murdock happens to be captured, do a full spectrum analysis to be sure that she is indeed human, make sure she is treated well and turned over to the proper authorities for trial. Keep in mind the fact that Murdock is a highly accomplished and respected lawyer and anything we do to her is likely to come back and bite us even if she is convicted of terrorism.

Daredevil.jpg

This weekend I finally had time to read through your backstories, and they really bring these characters to life. I love the use of parts, and I am excited to see more. :)

Unfortunately I'm beggining to run low on customs, ideas, and parts for the Marvel Gender Reverse Universe but that just means I'm going to have to start on characters from other universes. I just hope The Muse doesn't go silent before I get through all the character bios.

X.S.E. Strike File: Shadowcat (Carter "Cat" Pryde)

With the passage of the Mutant Control Act the Pryde family sought asylum in Canada. The Canadian government agreed on one condition, Carter had to attend the country's super hero training team, Beta Flight, in order to learn how to safely use his phasing powers. During training he met Weapon X and quickly formed a bond with his surly instructor. Eventually Pryde was transferred from Beta Flight into the covert operations division, his mutant phasing abilities making him a perfect infiltration agent. During a mission to Japan he was captured and his mind was placed under the control of the demon Ogun who sent him to assassinate Weapon X. While Pryde was able to overcome the mental influence he retained the demon's lifetime of martial arts training.

Upon returning to Canada Pryde, now using the code name Shadowcat and sporting gauntlets that mimicked Weapon X's claws, joined Alpha Flight. His time with the group was cut short due to funding issues and the team was disbanded. Records of Pryde were lost during this time however we believe he once again returned to the Weapon X program. Several months later he turned up in England along with former Alpha Flight members Madison Jeffries (Box) and Eve X (Xtreme) where, along with British Super heroes Captain Britain, Megan, and Tangerine formed the team Excalibur.

Pryde didn’t remain long with Excalibur before he joined another covert operations unit. While employed by S.H.I.E.L.D. he revealed that he was further modified by the Weapon X project and now has a healing factor similar to that of Weapon X. His skeleton, while not adamantium, due to the difficulties of phasing that metal, is laced with carbon nano-particles and his claws were integrated into his arms and are made of titanium. His gauntlets were re purposed by Jeffries and are able to fire a multitude of projectiles. After the X.S.E. took over S.H.I.E.L.D. Pryde relocated to Chicago and formed Force Works in order to "prevent a mutant holocaust". With the destruction of New York he has further upgraded his gauntlets allowing him to use artificial web lines similar to those once used by Spider-Woman.

Shadowcat is both a mutant and high priority target. His mutation makes conventional armaments useless while he is phased so use adamantium and "God Killer" ammunition as well as energy weapons to hurt him. Once he is solid execute with extreme prejudice. Pryde knows too much and has been into places that are better left unknown.

Shadowcat.jpg

Edited by Prowlar

X.S.E. Strike File: Iron Fist (Danielle Rand)

Rand, like Murdock, is a slippery hero to pin down. While we among the XSE know for a fact that her "Iron Fist" powers are mystically derived proving that to the public has been a real problem. After all, everyone wants to believe that with training they can achieve her level of martial arts mastery. About the only action that we've been able to take is to freeze the assets of Rand Inc. pending a full "civilian" investigation of her "alleged" terrorist activities.

As long as Rand is a member of Force Works we'll continue to focus on capturing or eliminating the new team members. Eventually the group is likely to tear itself apart believing that either Rand or Murdock is covertly working for the XSE. Once they're working as independents again we'll deal with them in a less public fashion.

IronFist.jpg

I gotta say I have been watching and reading your thread from the get and all of your strike files are awsome.I would love to see a group shot or two of everyone you have made this far.I aim looking forward to see who you make next :biggrin:

I gotta say I have been watching and reading your thread from the get and all of your strike files are awsome.I would love to see a group shot or two of everyone you have made this far.I aim looking forward to see who you make next :biggrin:

I might try again to do a group shot or two. So far every time I try the pictures don't turn out good enough not to be immediately deleted, and that's even with my low standards. Still I do have a favorite/remote outdoor location that I like to use for toy photos so if I get a chance to go there this year I'll consider taking my mates along with my G.I. Joe Adventure Team/Sigma 6 customs.

As for the X.S.E. Strike Files there are only two left, the one I'm posting tonight and one that goes way past the line of believability for the Marvel Universe. I'm not sure why Force works needs an archaeologist, but other than the Howling Commando's it is the only place I can fit her in. :whistling:

This time I'm posting two separate customs for the price of one. The reason for this is because, for the most part they're the same custom with minor changes that changes them into completely different characters, one from the Gender Reverse Universe and the other from the Age of Apocalypse Universe.

X.S.E. Strike File: Magneto (Erica Magnus Lehnsherr)

While Magneto is one of the most dangerous mutants on the planet she is being kept in suspended animation rather than being executed. She is one of the X.S.E.'s greatest successes and it is only right that she is kept waiting until a time when all super humans have been dealt with. Once that glorious day arrives She will be revived and given the public execution that she deserves.

LadyMagnus.jpg

Age of Apocalypse: Blood Witch

Wanda was killed by the mutant Nemesis at the X-Men's base on Wundagore mountain. That is where everyone believed her story ended. Mr. Sinister, in his never-ending quest for the perfect mutant, had already secretly harvested her DNA. The Dark Beast stole the sample and cloned the Scarlet Witch in order to use her potential reality altering powers as an ultimate doomsday device incase Apocalypse was ever beaten by the X-Men. He brokered a deal with Belasco, the Lord of Limbo, to train the clone into the perfect weapon. In exchange Belasco would be freed from Limbo to rule over the Hell on Earth created once the clone was finished.

As Belasco trained the clone he forced her to repeatedly relive the death of Wanda. Each time pointing out how weak she had been, how she had been abandoned by her father, or just to torment her. The clone realizing that she was rapidly becoming as evil as her master used her powers to capture the original Scarlet Witch's soul, at the moment of her death and transformed it into a soul sword. Belasco was highly impressed with this act of pure malice. Unfortunately even he did not understand the true purpose of the sword.

As time in limbo flows differently to that of the real world Belasco and his Blood Witch exited Limbo years after the fall of Apocalypse into a world ripe for a new overlord. Is reign was rather short lived the Blood Witch summoned the soul sword and plunged it through Belasco's dark heart. That one act of betrayal was the very key to the sword's existence. Belasco was banished once more into Limbo and the Blood Witch's soul switched places with Wanda and was imprisoned within the sword.

Though the newly revived Wanda only has the memories and abilities that she has when she died she has discovered that she is able to summon a demonic sword of unimaginable arcane power. Not knowing what has happened she has set out to find what has happened to her father and the rest of the X-Men.

AoAScarletWitch.jpg

BloodWitch.jpg

X.S.E. Strike Files: Independent Agents: Indy (Doctor Henrietta "Indiana" Jones Jr.)

Dr. Jones is a rather interesting case for the XSE. Record of her exploits go back before the First World War. She has met many of the most famous people of the twentieth century and includes such individuals as the Red Baroness, Lauren of Arabia, and Hemmingway. During World War II her exploits became a bit less publicized however she is credited with spoiling multiple plots involving Hitler's Thule Society. It is even rumored that she once met Hitler while undercover in Berlin. She has extensive training in combat strategy, weaponry, espionage, and is perhaps the greatest talent with a bullwhip the world has or perhaps will ever see. She also has honorary citizenship in more countries that can be listed in this document.

It is quite obvious that she has some sort of power or enhancement due to the fact that she hasn't aged since the end of the Second World War. Whether this is due to being enhanced like Rogers and Fury, a mutation like Weapon X, or some arcane means is unknown. It should be noted that as an archaeologist an arcane explanation is most likely. On several occasions she has assisted the Ex-Avengers, Howling Commandos, X-Factor, and Force Works. However, even with proof that she is assisting known terrorists, the XSE is forbidden to detain, accost, interrogate, injure, kill, or even "look at her wrong" due to the fact that she "has done more for this nation and the world than anyone else since the founding fathers of this nation, and God forbid if her services are ever needed in the future I only pray that she will be there when she is needed." This is very frustrating because even though administrations come and go this has always been the same statement used.

Until we discover why nearly every government on the planet is protecting her; Dr. Jones isn't to be detained, accosted, interrogated, injured, killed, or even looked at wrong by any member of the XSE.

Jones01.jpg

Jones02.jpg

From the files of "somewhere in the world something cute and innocent was just killed because this custom was created" comes Spider-Thor!

SpiderThorAlt.jpg

Now moving on to the real custom of the night, I've finished with the Reverse Gender Universe for the moment so now on to the G.I. Joe/Adventure team customs.

Codename: Badlands

File Name: Digger, Carl “Badlands”

Hometown: Unknown presumably in Montana

Primary Specialty: Anthropology/Paleontology

Secondary Specialty: Tracking and Survival

Adventure Team Mission Report

Mission: Scouting a Savage Land or How I spent my Antarctic Eco-Survivalist Vacation

Agent: Badlands

It started when I was escorted off the plane in L.A. I’d just finished a season of work in the jungles of Central America. Now, I hate to rate expeditions because no matter what happens we always return knowing more than when we left. However this expedition was special for a multitude of reasons. The most important being that I discovered a previously unknown dinosaur bone bed; the second reason I’m not allowed to discuss due to some “International Security” bull$hit.

Anyway, as I was saying, we’d just landed when I was met by a couple of suits that insisted that I should “come with them” and “I wouldn’t want to cause a scene”. Now, I wasn’t in a good mood to begin with what with having to pay extra to check my baggage and I didn’t get a bag of peanuts. I really just wanted to catch my shuttle home so that I could start writing up drafts of my reports and praying I’d be able to get a grant to work that new bone bed I mentioned. So of course I made a scene.

So I was “cooling off” and wondering just how the hell I was going to get my @$$ out of the mess I was in when the guys bailed me out. I knew that a few stitches wasn’t likely to convince these guys to leave me alone but I never imagined that they wouldn’t press charges just to get their hands on me. They quickly pointed out that they were from the same organization as the team I helped in the jungle on the mission that I’m not allowed to talk about and they wanted to offer me a job.

Stupid me, if I hadn’t made a scene I could have turned them down but now I was looking at joining them or being placed on the terrorist watch list which would really kill my chances of getting back to work in Central America. So of course I agreed to hear them out. The next thing I know I’m on a military transport being told about Joe Colton’s Adventure Team and how, even though most of their membership was recruited form the G. I. Joe team, a select few with special talents are tapped if a mission requires them.

If I joined, like I had a choice, I’d be able to keep my job as well as get the chance to serve my country by going on missions related to archeology, paleontology, or paleo-anthropology. I just looked at them and asked straight out if they were really asking me if I wanted to play Indiana Jones. After all that isn’t the way archeology is handled in the 21st century. They insisted that wasn’t the case. I decided I really didn’t want to know if they meant about Indiana Jones or about archeology. They continued trying to sell me on the perks of joining the group most of which I slept through. Trust me if you listen to enough student reports on the same topic year after year you develop the ability to sleep with your eyes open and a look of interest on your face. That’s the reason I had no concept of how long the flight was.

I woke up when we landed and said, “Right, you’ve convinced me already where do I sign.” I really should have just accepted the watch list and confined myself to working in the U.S. I really hate paper work especially if it isn’t directly related to getting my @$$ back out in the field. Keep that in mind should the topic ever come up again. Anyway as we got off the plane I discovered that my luggage was waiting for me. At the time I figured it was Area 51 and the whole secret thing was over the fact that it was actually the place where all “misplaced” baggage ended up. I didn’t get to see much as I was barely on the ground before I was back in the air again this time on a helicopter. I quickly figured out that we were somewhere over the Antarctic Ocean when I noticed a group of penguins on one of the larger icebergs.

At this point I was really wondering what they wanted me for unless they’d discovered some ancient bones in an ice core. Now that did get me excited so I was actually in a good mood when we landed on the aircraft carrier to refuel for our final push to the continent. Then I met Stone, who provided my mission briefing. Never before have I questioned the sanity of any human as much as I was questioning this guys as he told me that they had discovered a “Lost World” hidden under the Antarctic icepack. My mission was to go in and explore the area as best I could in the time allotted and that I had to survive long enough to report back with my findings.

From there I was taken to the Armory where I picked out the gear that I thought I’d need. I damn near decked the quartermaster when he insisted I take a heavy animal tracking unit with me. I tried to tell him that I didn’t deal with wild animals and even if I found some I wasn’t trained as a zoologist. Still I figured the first chance I got I’d slip the collar on a penguin and then ditch the unit. So once I was kitted out I was escorted back to the chopper and then out to the ice.

We landed at a small research camp near an ice crag. I didn’t get to see much of the camp since I was taken directly to a cave at the bottom of the crag and then down to the primary base camp. This camp was situated on a high mountain ridge that looked out over a landscape that was, in a word, amazing. Just a bit of nearly every ecosystem on Earth was represented. I was told that a tent had been prepared for me and that I’d be repelling down the mountainside in the morning. First I checked the GPS unit that I’d been issued and after confirming that it was still working even though we had to be under the ice. I pulled my paraglider out of my bag, for once I was glad that I’d decided to go ahead and pay for the second checked bag rather than leave it behind, then I jumped. I only had a month and there was no way I was going to waste even a minute getting out into the middle of things. Thirty-two days later I reached the primary base camp. Where they immediately asked me what I’d found.

So here is my report. I ran into a giant gorilla that was actually quite sociable once I got to know him a bit better. I had a nasty encounter with a mutant pterodactyl and had to run for my life from a pair of T-Rex. I was rescued by an Englishman, his wife and their pet sabertooth cat. I met their tribe of natives, who happen to speak English better than I do. With their help I was able to track a pride of wild sabertooths for a couple of weeks. Then I fought off an alien invasion with just my machete and my shotgun. Finally, I watched as a completely different group of aliens launched their giant flying saucer.

The stunned look on those men’s faces was priceless. Finally one of them pulled himself together enough to say “Really”. That’s when I said, “No kid, you lot have been watching too many movies. All I found was ice and a bunch of penguins. Lots of really big man eating penguins.”

There, I do believe that is everything, if you need more information about what happened during my little “Eco-holiday in Antarctica” then I suggest you get the mission debriefing files from Stoney and stop wasting my time. I have my own reports to write up on my expedition to Central America and I’m already running a month behind schedule.

Original Custom Character:

Badlandsoriginalcustom.jpg

Minimate version:

Badlands.jpg

Codename: Paradise

File Name: Madison, Eden

Hometown: Martha's Vineyard

Primary Specialty: Mechanic

Secondary Specialties: Pilot and Urban Survival

Original Custom Creators: Monte Williams and Prowl-Ar Nightiger

History:

As a child Eden lived the life of a pampered princess. She was doted on by her nanny and spoiled by her mother. However there were only two things that she didn't have no matter how much she wanted them. First she was never allowed to dig in the dirt or even get dirty for that matter, and she never got to spend much time with her father. The ladder was probably for the best considering she was living a lie.

When she was thirteen everything changed in an instant. She was forced to confront the fact that the father she loved was living a double life. Her father was a successful lobbyist working to improve the country. Unfortunately to his other family he was a professor of archeology working in the Montana badlands. The truth was a bit of both. He was a lobbyist working for an international group of fossil collectors as well as a fossil hunter stealing valuable fossils from established sites as well as doing his own digging to sell to his employers.

Still Eden had loved her father and would have stood with him except for one rather small detail that received only minor coverage. He had a second wife as well as a son living in a ratty old trailer in the middle of nowhere was what disturbed her. Worse yet he spent more time with that family when he was out stealing fossils then he did with her when he was conning politician.

Even though they were left better off than most Eden quickly discovered that private school and high society was no longer in her future. The first she could no longer afford and the second refused to have anything to do with the family, not because of the laws her father had broken but because he'd been caught.

Surviving public school wasn't much better but Eden did have one big advantage, after years of living around real politicians made the petty girl groups of high school easy to ignore. She pushed herself in her studies and especially in sports where she was at last able to really excel. When she graduated she could have entered into just about any university she wanted however her thirst for adventure and need for a challenge led to the military. She quickly shot to the top of her class and entered Special Forces training.

After a year of service she was transferred G. I. Joe and given the code name Paradise. She had thought that she had made it into the most elite force in the world, she was wrong. After only two missions she was again transferred, to Sigma 6 and then out of the military completely and into the International force known as the Adventure Team. When she arrived at the base she was immediately confused and ticked off when referred to as Badlass. She confronted Commander Stone about the name. He then introduced her to his chosen replacement, Commander Badlands. It was almost the end of her career as she nearly kicked Badlands through the office door.

Badlands only comment was "Nice to meet you Sis, I think you're going to fit in rather well around here.

Monte's Original Custom:

Badlass.jpg

My Minimate version:

Paradise.jpg

I absolutely love the Magneto and Spider-Thor...those are great designs!

Thanks, I just wish Spider-Thor would remain in one piece. Using Magik's shoulder armor and Thor's cape tends to pop off either the head or the arms and most often all three. All that he really needs is a sticker or sculpted chest armor (both of which are beyond my skill level to create) and he would be perfect.

Codename: Blow-Up Doll

Filename: Unknown

Primary Specialty: Terrorist

Secondary Specialty: Explosives

Original Custom Creator: Monte Williams

Very little is known about B.U.D. other than when she isn't burning something down she's blowing it up. On the one occasion she was captured she referred to herself as "a post-ironic, post-feminist arsonist." If more information becomes available it will be added to her file

Monte's Original Custom:

BUDor.jpg

My Minimate Version:

BUD.jpg

One last Joe shot and then I'm moving on to my next Custom Universe.

I told you, ninjas shouldn't wear red. Especially out in the open, on a sunny day, when I'm the one in the pilot's seat.

Toldyaninjasshouldntwearred.jpg

The inspiration for these customs goes to Punisher, and his C.I.A. Gill-Man from the alternate universe contest.

Introducing the Soldiers of Horror

In war there are missions that require great soldiers. Then there are times when those great men and women are called to undertake extraordinary tasks. Then there are things that would send these masters of the Herculean Tasks running for the safety of their mothers and leave them holding their breath hiding under their bed chanting "there's no such thing as monsters, there's no such thing as monsters." Those missions are the "easy" missions for the Soldiers of Horror. Not only do these troopers unflinchingly face their enemies, they also have to keep from being seen by allied forces, scientists, religious fanatics, and humanity in general.

What is the pay off for being a part of this misfit outfit? You get three meals a day more or less depending on dietary requirements, no matter how exotic. Several large bases in a variety of locations where troopers can get out and stretch their limbs without the fear of being attacked, internet access to be able to interact with people even if they can't reveal their true identities, and a full range of health care specialists for any problems, both physical and mental, that may arise.

Do you think you have what it takes? No? Too bad, you don't have a choice. If you know about us then you know why you're here. Your only choice is to be a part of the force or be confined by us. Make your choice.

Codename: Leash

File Name: Shackle, Elizabeth

Classification: Human, Formerly Conjoined Twin, Low Level Telepath

Hometown: Cornwall, Connecticut

Primary Specialty: Robotic Engineering, Electrician

Secondary Specialty: Paranormal Investigations

Leash is commander of the ghost team consisting of Brayve, Phosphor, Geist, and Tech. She is the strong silent type and keeps a strict control over her team primarily using body language. Though she has never been observed reprimanding her soldiers we have never had an incident with any of them being out of control. Whether this is because they are better behaved than Muzzle's team or because they respect Leash is unknown.

While the twins were born conjoined at the back of the head and Leash was the stronger of the two she was the one that spent the most time recovering after the separation. She has a telepathic connection to muzzle and with concentration the two can communicate as if they were in the same room even if they are on opposite sides of the planet (this ability has been observed and confirmed). This makes it possible for both teams to work on congruent operations in remote locations without the need of communications gear that the enemy may be able to tap into.

Both the Ghosts and the Beasts are equipped to take on any mission; the Ghosts are our go to team when dealing with metaphysical phenomena. Whether they're after a free roaming vapor or "swamp gas" they always come back with a full accounting of their mission and often have "the problem" contained.

While the powers that be were worried about the decision to place female soldiers in command of the teams it was quickly shown that they usually have a calming effect on both their team members and on their targets. Of course, if anyone does protest too much, we introduce him or her to the Furies. The current record for putting up with their persuasion tactics has been two hours. However, this record is deceptive, since we quickly did an investigation on the Senator and discovered her sexual tastes run to what many of her colleagues would consider dark and extreme. She was just recently re-elected on her platform of old fashion family values. Barring that aberration of the record no one had made it more than two minutes forty-six seconds.

Leash.jpg

Codename: Brayve

File Name: Unrevealed

Classification: Wolfwere

Location Discovered: Elkhorn, Wisconsin

Primary Specialty: Hand to Claw Combat

Secondary Specialty: Tracking

Brayve is a wolfwere, or a wolf that is able to transform into a human. Leash and Muzzle were investigating new reports of sightings of "The Beast of Bray Road" when they found Brayve severely wounded, likely run down by a panicked sightseer. He was in his wolf form and the sisters mistook him for a normal wolf. They believed that they had solved the mystery and that the sightings had all been of a wolf outside its normal territory. Having the necessary training and skills Muzzle contacted the local Fish and Wildlife services as they rushed Brayve to the nearest animal clinic. The veterinarian on duty told them to wait for animal control, as the animal was beyond help and needed to be put down but he wasn't authorized to do so. We are happy to report that the man is back with his family and is down to weekly psychiatric visits.

The twins took over and had Brayve stitched up and ready to be transported to the nearest wolf rehabilitation facility when he shifted in front of them. Pulling out his stitches and collapsing once more, by the time animal control finally arrived the Shackles were long gone. Leash nursed him back to health and they've been inseparable ever since. In some cases this is quite literally.

While Brayve has never been observed to fully change into a human he does maintain his wolfman form most of the time while around other unit members. He has a complete set of wolf instincts as well as exhibiting many human abilities like being able to use technology at roughly a sixth grade level, which is significant considering some of the troopers on the base bare score at a third grade level. He has also developed a mental link with Leash, not to the extent of that between the twins, and she has insisted that he is mentally as evolved as some men. She of course points out that when she says that she is classing his intelligence well above most human men. We have no way of being sure whether the statement is true or if it is because of her feelings for Brayve. He has shown an aptitude for advanced tactics and how to follow orders, and that is enough for me.

Brayve.jpg

Codename: Phosphor

File Name: N/A

Classification: Gill-Man

Location Discovered: Wakulla Springs, Florida

Primary Specialty: Under Water Demolitions

Secondary Specialty: Light Source

Phosphor was the second known example of the gill-man species. The first was in a lake known as the Black Lagoon and subsequently rediscovered as put to work by a shadow arm of the C.I.A. However, Phosphor was discovered in the United States only recently. His age is hard to determine since he was in a perpetual catatonic state. We revived him and while he isn't the very talkative he seems to be capable of learning basic sign language.

He is much stronger than the average human and he is lethal with both his claws and teeth. In one of Ghost teams latest missions we learned that not only is Phosphor immune to electric shock but he can also generate a powerful shock of his own when he is in the water. I'm not sure who was more "shocked" our observers, Phosphor, or the shark that had attacked him.

When he was first introduced to Leash he tried to attack her, but even with all his strength and natural weapons he quickly found that she could outwit him and use his strength against him. At this point it seems he began to develop romantic feelings toward her. This could be a possible failing of the species or a general lack of female Gill-men. Never-the-less Brayve quickly put Phosphor in his place and for now he seems to understand that he is a member of a team, Leash is the leader, and if he makes any more romantic move on Leash, Brayve will make sushi out of him.

Phosphor.jpg

Codename: Geist

File Name: N/A

Classification: Poltergeist

Location Discovered: Adams, Tennessee

Primary Specialty: Forward Observations

Secondary Specialty: Barely contained force of nature

Geist has been causing problems and growing in power for nearly two centuries. The first reported incident was at the Bell residence in 1817 where, after the senior Bell shot an unidentified cryptid, Geist introduced itself as a neighbor of the Bell's that they had upset. Whether this is true or not we have now way of knowing. We did discover Geist near the property and "she" is very evasive about anything "her" past.

Geist insists that we refer to as female even though she is essentially genderless even when manifesting outside of her armor. The armor, even though it looks standard is actually a containment suit that allows Geist to maintain a physical presence, other than the occasional moving of objects. Her primary ability is being able to get into places and back out without anyone knowing any different. She really is the greatest stealth agent any organization could ever hope for; now if she would be a bit more cooperative in sharing the information once she gets it. Her other power is the ability to create exotic matter constructs. Her primary weapon is a whip that can stun a human at low level and can cut through titanium faster than any plasma torch when she really gets mad.

Geist gets along well with her teammates in team Ghost, especially Tech, but she does seem to have problems with Blue from team Beast. Whether this is because Blue keeps trying to study her for use as a weapon power source or just the fact that he isn't from Earth, we have yet to discover.

Geist.jpg