UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

My reasoning behind the custom was just to prove to myself that the mates could be done without going to the extremes in armor that the BBgater did. All they really need are animal heads like Beta Ray Bill and the Halo Jakal, heavy boots with animal feet, belt armor with attached tails maybe a ball on the back with a socket in the tail base to give it a bit of movement and a selection of armor the size of the Halo Spartans for light weight animals like dogs and cats.

Since they can't seem to figure out the best way to market them I worked out what I figured would be the best way to do it. Package them like the MAX Line with a large selection of weapons (Original style swords and guns (like the Laser Beast series) and extra armor and sell them at retail as a collect and build toy line. Maybe four regular packs with a fifth special edition with exclusive colored weapons and armor for the collectors. That would allow everyone a chance to at least get the standard characters. Then TRU could have an exclusive 4 pack with three of the standard characters in alternate colors with the fourth being a heavy armor animal (Elephant, Rhino, Alligator, Dinosaur). Comic Shops would also get a four pack with the other three standard release animals in exclusive colored armor and an exclusive heavy armor Animal.

But hey, what do I know I just buy doubles of the things to have one complete and then part out the other set for customs.

I agree with everything you've said. A lot.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabra (Russ Bat-Seraph)

Country of Origin: Israel

Powers: Physically Enhanced Abilities (Strength, speed, agility, healing, etc.)

It wasn't much of a surprise that Sabra joined the X-Patriots. Israel has long apposed our mutant control measures claiming that the laws have too much in common with the Jewish control laws of the Nazis. What we didn't expect was that the X-Patriots would survive having both Sabra and the Arabian Maiden working together. Surprisingly not only do they make a formidable team but there seems to be something more than a professional relationship between them. Aside from his powers Sabra's armor gives him limited flight capabilities and his pistols are loaded with sentinel killer bullets. While his powers make it difficult to kill him they don't make him completely invulnerable pound him with heavy weaponry until dead.

Sabra01.jpg

Since I couldn't thing of any French Marvel Characters I decided to create one of my own for the X-Patriots Team.

X.S.E. Strike File: Reynard the Fox (Pierre Renard)

Country of Origin: France

Powers: Power Thief

What little we know about Reynard comes from the S.H.I.E.L.D. files. For a time he worked as an espionage agent for the French government. Later he became what is known as a Master Thief. He'd only steal from other thieves, often returning the items to their rightful owners. At some point he became aware of his ability to copy the powers of other super beings. While we have no solid proof it seems that he is restricted to seven powers at once and he can only use one "active power" such as teleportation or invisibility at a time. Passive powers such as healing and danger sense are essentially turned on at all times.

His current list of powers and where he stole them from are as follows: 1 phasing from the mutant Shadowcat, 2 healing from the mutant Weapon X, 3 super speed from Quicksilver, 4 invisibility from the Invisible Man, 5 mental manipulation from the Purple Woman, 6 danger sense from Spider Woman, and 7 teleportation from the Inhuman Lockjaw. Reynard also carries an energy blade, stolen from the Dark Damsel, and a pistol that fires a form of Spider Woman's webbing compound. All things considered this makes him an excellent master thief and a difficult target to take down.

Reynard04.jpg

Reynard01.jpg

The minimate portion of this custom is complete now all that is needed is some flame creature to go with it. Currently everything that I've found is either transparent green, blue, or white frosted. I'm sure fire creatures will eventually become popular again.

Pyro (Saint-Joan Allerdyce)

Country of Origin: Australia

Powers: Psionic fire manipulation and invulnerability to burns

Pyro has the ability to control fire, though she can't self generate it like the Torch could so instead she uses a pair of flamethrower pistols to generate his flames. Once ignited she has complete control over the fire making it grow or shrink or even take on shapes. She can also create flame creatures that can think and act on their own as long as they remain within a set distance from Pyro, currently the record stands at three kilometers, it is believed this is the range of her psionic ability.

Pyro01.jpg

Metalsmith/Box (Madison Jeffries)

Country of Origin: Canada

Powers: Technopathy, the ability to communicate with machinery. Manipulation and control of metals, plastics, and glass.

Jeffries' powers are similar to those of the Mutant Forge with the exception that she can mold the raw materials into whatever she can imagine rather than needing more complex parts. Metalsmith is perhaps one of the most dangerous foes we face due to her ability to technopathically take control of the sentinels and turn them back against us. If this wasn't bad enough she often goes into battle "wearing" the Box robot greatly increasing her strength as well as accessing a large array of built in weapons. However while in the robot she can't take control of the sentinels unless they get to close and she absorbs them directly into the armor. By absorbing additional materials she can increase the size of Box to giant proportions. The best tactics are to remain at a distance until Jeffries isn't merged with box and then take her down with a sniper.

Metalsmith01.jpg

Here is my WIP Box Robot. I'll post another picture once I finish it.

BoxWIP.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Silver Samurai

Country of Origin: Japan

Powers: The ability to generate an energy field around nearly anything turning it into a weapon. Most often used to enable her sword to cut through anything except adamantium.

It was a hard hit when we discovered that the Silver Samurai had joined the X-Patriots. Japan had seemed to be in out pocket with the mutant control acts. They were even excited to get the contracts for sentinel programming. Unfortunately with the passage of the False Gods acts everything seemed to fall apart. First the sentinel production contracts were canceled. Then many companies broke off ties with the U.S. even though it meant that they are now in danger of failure. Finally Japan is one of the few governments that openly admit to funding and supporting the X-Patriots.

The Silver Samurai used to be a crime boss but it seems that many former criminals are turning in their small time status to join the major terrorist teams. Since joining the X-Patriots she has upgraded her armor even though that means that she has sacrificed the more traditional look of the samurai. The trade off seems to be working for her. The armor is made of Wakandan vibranium, we believe it was stolen by Reynard specifically for the new armor. Since engaging her in combat we have discovered that she is now able to use her mutant power to encase herself in an energy shield. So far all forms of weapons have proven unable to penetrate her double-layered defense.

SilverSamurai03.jpg

Until I can finish the Box Robot and Blood Debt I'm moving on to the Reality Runners Universe once more.

Codename: Breakdown

Primary Power: Technology Incompatibility

We picked up Breakdown after a bar fight where he took on a biker group who’s leader was wielding a chainsaw. I was rather surprised by his brazen attitude considering all the humans from his universe, though at the cusp of developing super human abilities, were still just human. At least that was what I thought at the time. It seems that Breakdown and his sister both have superhuman powers. In Breakdown's case, as he puts it "I'm technology incompatible", no matter how careful he is anything technical has a habit of breaking when he touches it. If the object has multiple moving parts or requires an electrical current it will break or short out when he touches it. It means he has to work twice as hard as everyone else, however his problem make him good at infiltration because locks and alarm systems never work and even though he can't use modern weapons is an expert with a bolt-action rifle. He was also proud of the fact that he can pick up just about any object that's lying around and use it effectively as a weapon.

Since joining the Runners, Breakdown has learned to reduce his destruction field to just a few inches around his body and extend it out to about a hundred yards. He is currently working on extending the field like a lance with pinpoint accuracy for those times when he wants to destroy an enemy's weapon without damaging other equipment, like flash drives or smart phones, they might be carrying. Unlike the other Runners, Breakdown isn't a captive of the reality jump condition so he can come and go as he pleases however his one condition is that his sister, Ghostdance, travels with us.

Breakdown01.jpg

Edited by Prowlar

Thanks, just as soon as the Marvel vs Capcom wave is released I'll have the parts I need. Namely another Mega Man X hand, Red Iron Man boots, and helmet. Then with a bit of cutting on the helmet and adding dark red and silver paint it'll be complete.

Code Name: Ghostdance

Primary Power: Resurrection/Immortality/Regeneration

Secondary Power: Time Displacement/Ghosting/Teleportation

Ghostdance is an enigma wrapped in the impossible. In fact I hadn't intended to add her brother Breakdown or Ghostdance to the Runners. Their world, while not perfect, was the closest thing I've found to normal in all my travels. Sure there was a crazy terrorist organization who's members tended to dress in outlandish costumes and but when compared to some of the apocalyptic nightmares I've seen that's nothing to worry about. Still, when they showed up after a reality jump I just assumed that they'd somehow gotten bound to the team like the others.

The world we arrived in wasn't a nice one, though not so bad that I couldn't wait the twenty-four hours needed for another safe jump. It was one where Egypt and the Pharaohs persisted in Africa and later Europe. The Imperial Dynasties of China had thrived in Asia and then expanded into Australia. In the Americas the Incan Empire had eventually spread out and incorporated the peoples of both continents into a single nation. Naturally once three superpowers came into conflict things destabilized and all three eventually fell leaving the world in a state of anarchy. I was only too happy to put that world behind me unfortunately when I jumped out Ghostdance and Breakdown were left behind. That's when I learned that Ghostdance had used her powers to tag along with the team the first time. A year later when I was finally able to return to that world to rescue them I discovered that they'd done rather well for themselves working as treasure hunters, tomb robbers, and mercenaries. Still they claimed that they had seen enough of that reality and they were more than happy to get back to adventuring.

The next world we landed on in the middle of a battle and I finally got to see Ghostdance's powers for myself. We came out of the jump and Ghostdance took an artillery shell to the chest. It was obvious that she was dead but the next instant she turned to smoke and then was back to normal. Since that time I've seen her do this multiple times as well as turning into smoke and teleporting to another location. Additionally I've noticed that she can use her powers to resurrect and teleport Breakdown from one location to another even if she doesn't travel with him. However he is the only one that she can extend her powers to so the rest of us are still relatively mortal.

While they are both technically a part of the team they tend to wander off to explore different realities from time to time with the understanding that I'll come back and get them after a year or two. Most of the time I don't have a problem with this since they've usually got interesting stories to tell and from time to time a new weapon or bit of technology that we can use.

Ghostdance01.jpg

Code Name: Freefall

Primary Power: Gravity Control

According to Freefall, he was the kid who was always positive that he could fly. At six he jumped off the roof. After a scolding he was asked if he learned his lesson and he said yes. An hour later he jumped off the barn roof and broke his leg. When asked what lessoned he learned earlier he said that the house wasn’t tall enough for a proper take off.

At eighteen he enlisted with the military to become a paratrooper. When they asked him why he wanted to be a paratrooper he replied: "It was just getting to be too expensive to continue jumping on my own. This way, not only do I get to jump out of airplanes, I get paid to do it."

Unfortunately Freefall's perfect life ended the day he jumped out of the plane and his parachute failed to deploy. As he reached for his backup he realized that he was no longer falling. Instead he'd come to a dead stop. It took him two days to gain enough control just to reach the ground where he was promptly captured by insurgent forces. Currently he is likely considered M.I.A. on his own world.

I don't know how he got caught up in my reality teleportation rift but I really want to, considering he was likely on the other side of the planet when it happened. I'm not even really sure which reality he is from. Until we finally met up he believed that his gravity powers had somehow caused his random transportation between realities. Since joining the Runners he has gained enough control to lift just about anything but without a source of propulsion he can't truly fly. Not that it matters since his favorite hobby is to lift himself as high as possible and then freefall repeatedly.

Skyfall01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

X.S.E. Strike File: Green Goblin (Norma Osborn Jr.)

Shock can do strange things to an individual. For the Green Goblin the death of her greatest foe, Spider-Woman and Norma's best friend Petunia Parker, was the catalyst to heal the fracture between the two identities. Now she has only one overpowering objective the destruction of the X.S.E. For a long time we believed that the Goblin died in New York with most of Spider-Woman's other rogues gallery. However, with both Dr. Octopus and the Green Goblin once again causing problems we’ve come to the conclusion that the Sinister Six may not have been destroyed; for this reason the missing group members have been moved from the missing and presumed dead list to the active targets roster.

GreenGoblin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Rejects newest member:

Codename: Roswell

File Name: Wellington, Ross

Powers: Super Strength, Thick Skin, and Fire Breath

Ross was the kid that no one ever paid any attention to. The middle child of a wealthy family he could never live up to the athletic status of his older brother or the genius savant of his little sister. Even in school he did well enough that he wasn't singled out for being overly smart or for under achievement. Even the bullies seemed to overlook Ross, not that he minded not being picked on. No one even noticed when he stopped talking. About the only thing that Ross had was his library card and his rock collection. Between reading science fiction and fantasy novels he'd spend his time reading about geology and survival. At first he would spend his summer vacation in the desert camping and classifying rocks and imagining he was on some alien world as part of a colonization recognizance team. Eventually he simply stopped going home and still no one noticed. When he did eventually return he was a very changed individual. He had found a glowing green stone that transformed him into a human-dragon hybrid and for the first time in years he became the center of attention. Unfortunately that attention was all hostile until he was rescued by the Rejects and become a member of their misfit group.

Roswell.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: War Birds

Dr. Val Cooper formed the War Birds team as a protest against the Super Human Control Acts and as a terrorist unit to destroy the X.S.E. All the members of the team are known terrorists that have worked under other aliases however it seems that to join the team they must take on an avian codename. For the most part the team seems to take missions in the North Western United States, with Denver and Seattle being the primary locations where incidents have taken place. Intercepted communications refer to their base of operations as The Aerie and that it is located in Colorado. Multiple attempts have been made to locate the base, most focused on the remains of the Worthington estate.

X.S.E. Strike File: Dr. Valentine "Val" Cooper A.K.A. Cooper's Hawk or Hawk

Cooper is perhaps one of the most wanted men that the world at large has never heard of. For years he worked for the U.S. government studying and training special powers units such as Freedom Force. However after the anti-super human laws went into effect, Cooper used his position, talents, and access to secret research to create a new strain of super soldier serum. A combination of multiple serums Hawk's formula replicated the speed enhancement of the villain known as Speed Demon, the indestructibility of Power Woman, the danger sense of Spider-Woman, the stamina of Captain America, and the healing abilities of the Weapon X projects. Of course he made sure that the formula was tailor made for his genetic structure before injecting himself. He then destroyed all notes, files, samples, and even the lab where the formula was created. The destruction was attributed to the former Freedom Force, now calling itself the Sisterhood of Evil Mutants, and the matter was buried. Cooper was demoted and later quit as a result.

When Cooper next turned up the full extent of his betrayal was revealed as he and the mutant Mimic broke into the Vault, in what is believed to be an attempt to "power up" Mimic into the ultimate mutant. Whether this worked or not is open to interpretation. Another theory is that they were attempting to free Magneto however this is highly unlikely since, even with Cooper's clearance level He would not have known that Magneto is still alive. While there they did succeed if freeing the terrorists Mockingbird, Songbird, Beetle, and Yellow Jacket.

GRUWarBirdsHawk.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Raven (Carol Rankin)

From what we've been able to discover Rankin was meant to be Magneto's ultimate mutant weapon. After her first encounter with the original X-Factor unit she was left unable to control the combined powers of Cyclops, Angel, Marvel Boy, Ice-Woman, Scarlet Warlock, Quicksilver, Beast and Magneto. Being driven nearly to the point of madness she retreated to a remote cabin in the Canadian wilderness where her absorbed powers slowly regressed.

The next mutant that she encountered was Weapon X. Though she was in a feral like state Mimic was able to copy her healing abilities. Sensing that Weapon X was in need of help Carol contacted the only mutant that she knew of, Magneto. Once Weapon X had left she was surprised to discover that she retained the healing abilities. After several years of adapting to her new abilities she again contacted Magneto in order to meet with another mutant. She had hoped to be able to regain Angel's wings to once again be able to fly. Unfortunately it was believed that Angel had died in an aircraft accident. Instead Magneto sent Colossus. After their meeting Mimic was surprised by the fact that she gained more control over her bio metallic form than Colossus had. In Mimic's case she was able to convert portions or all over her body into organic steel as well as developing Weapon X's metallic claws.

Rather than send another mutant to train with Mimic, Magneto asked her to join an X-Factor cell in order to help stop the winged mutant calling herself Death. While reluctant at first Mimic agreed due to the chance that she would be able to gain wings, even if they weren't Angel's feathered ones. As soon as the battle started Mimic's wings returned only to quickly molt and reform to match Death's wings only formed of the same bio-steel as Mimic's body and claws. During the battle the mutant known as Storm was killed and his weather manipulation powers also passed to Mimic. In a rage she savagely attacked Death killing her in retribution. It was at this point that Death was unmasked and they discovered that she was actually Angel. The shock of killing the mutant that she most looked up to forced Mimic back into hiding where she remained until the Vault break-in with Cooper.

Since forming the War Birds with Hawk Mimic has changed her name to Raven, possible in reference to the fact that she is stepping into Death's role. Whatever the case it seems that she has learned to control her abilities since she hasn't been seen to mimic any of the abilities of her fellow team members. With all of her abilities it is proving difficult to find a way to shoot this bird out of the air. Everything we throw at her seems useless. Even the God Killer rounds have little effect. If it is true that only the strong survive then it is possible that Raven will prove to be our greatest kill or the one to take down the X.S.E.

GRUWarBirdsRaven02a.jpg

GRUWarBirdsRaven03.jpg

GRUWarBirdsRaven04.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Mockingbird (Bobby Morse-Barton)

Morse-Barton is a former Shield agent proficient in multiple forms of armed and unarmed combat. His preferred weapons are a pair of batons that have been modified with electromagnetic stunners, designed by Peregrine, for fighting Sentinels. Mockingbird has been further enhanced, by Cooper, with a derivative of the original super soldier formula and Fury's Infinity formula giving him greater than human physical strength, agility, and healing abilities.

Mockingbird was being held at the Vault in an attempt to lure his wife, the former Avenger known as Hawkeye, into custody. Unfortunately not only did he escape when Cooper broke in but then went on to join Cooper's War Birds team acting as a liaison between Cooper and Fury. It is unclear the significance of the fact that Morse-Barton is the only War Bird to kept his former code name as well as the fact that he hasn't been fitted with any sort of armor that would let him fly. It is important that Mockingbird is re-captured in order to use him as bait for capturing the terrorist Hawkeye.

GRUWarBirdsMockingbird.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Canary (Raymond DeMara)

Ray Demara started out as a normal human criminal that just happened to steal an advanced cybernetic suit designed and used by Helen Pym when she was calling herself Yellowjacket. The suit gave Ray the ability to shrink down to roughly the size of a bee using "Pym particles" in the helmet as well as grow to giant proportions. While reduced in size the suit generated insect like wings allowing Yellowjacket to fly. The suit was also equipped with "disrupter sting" blasters.

Even though he had stolen the suit Ray eventually convinced the Avengers to allow him to join the team on a probationary basis. Not long afterwards he left the team to join a group of heroes in an alternate reality 30th Century. It was believed that he was gone for good; however, he soon returned in an attempt to warn the Avengers of a threat in their own time. The X.S.E. intercepted and incarcerated him for attempting to tamper with the timeline.

While he was in the 30th Century significant modifications were made to the Yellowjacket suit. The most obvious change is the fact that the insect wings were replaced with avian wings that can be generated no matter what size DeMara grows or shrinks too. Though from observations made since his escape it seems he is unable to fly if he grows larger than his regular human proportions. Also the suit has somehow been psychically linked to DeMara allowing him to summon it through some form of subspace rift.

Since joining the War Birds, DeMara has started calling himself Canary and is using his knowledge of possible future events to coordinate the "Hero" terrorist cells currently engaged against the X.S.E. While Canary is a high level threat we want to capture him in order to continue "questioning" him about what he knows and how it can help the X.S.E. eliminate the super human threat.

GRUWarBirdsCanary03.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Bluejay (Melvin James Gold)

Bluejay, formerly the criminal known as Screaming Manny and later Songbird, had the ability to generate sonic vocalizations that created different effects depending on the musical note he generated. However after he was captured his vocal chords were removed leaving him completely powerless and mute. He only had six months left on his sentence before he would be released when Cooper broke in to the Vault. It is unknown what his reasons were for joining the prison break but since joining the War Birds he has started wearing an armored suit, believed to have been specially designed by the criminal formerly known as The Beetle, that allows him to fly. It should be noted that the wings on the suit are non-functional and seem to be there for nothing more than effect. The suit also allows him to manipulate sound replicating his old powers.

GRUWarBirdsBluejay.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: Peregrine (Abigail Jenkins)

Like Stark, Jenkins has an extensive knowledge of mechanics and engineering but is otherwise completely human. However, unlike Stark, Jenkins wasn't independently wealth so she decided to change that by building a suit of armor and using it to gain notoriety by fighting Iron Maiden. While the armor was good it just wasn't as powerful as Starks and Jenkins barely escaped its destruction. She was captured and imprisoned. She was paroled a short time later, however her stunt had brought her to the attention of several super powered criminal organizations. She was soon hired to act as a security guard by Hammer Industries. She was given designs and components needed to build a new and much more powerful suit of armor. What she didn't realize until later is that most of the designs and components had been stolen from Stark. Once she had modified the design and built the new suit she decided that, considering her failure as the Beetle, she would re-invent herself as a hero and named the armor the Mach-1.

Eventually Hammer Industries' criminal acts were revealed. Even though Mach-1 hadn't actually broken any laws the suit was confiscated and eventually it was sold to Stark Industries when they acquired the remnants of Hammer's assets. Out of work and with no other place to turn Jenkins was forced to start over hiring out her skills to criminals in order to survive. First she only worked as a contractor designing and building high tech equipment however as soon as she had the materials she built a new Beetle armor and started working as a mercenary with any group that could pay. Still she had learned a lesson from her former failures and as soon as she could she built a Mach-2 armor and cut back on using her Beetle persona. She was working with a group of former criminals that, like her, had decided to try and turn their lives around by becoming heroes when the Super Human Control Acts were passed. She was arrested and incarcerated in the Vault. She agreed to a deal for her, and her teammate Songbird's, release in exchange for working exclusively for the X.S.E. but that changed when Cooper freed them.

Since joining the War Birds Jenkins has taken the name Peregrine. She rarely enters battle. Instead she seems to maintain and modify the team's equipment. When she does enter battle she wears a new suit of armor, intelligence refers to as the Sentinel Buster, and is accompanied by a teleportation device in the shape of a giant robotic dog that the team refers to as Lockjaw II. Whether the robot has any real relationship to the, now deceased, Inhuman teleporter has yet to be determined.

GRUWarBirdsPeregrinSentinelBusterArmor.jpg

GRUWarBirdsPeregrin.jpg

Survivor: Zombie Apocalypse (November 1, 0 Z.D.)

From the journal of Isaac James Irons:

Z-Day, that's what I'm calling it; it's the day that life ended and the dead decided to walk the Earth once more. Things seemed to start out like any other morning after Halloween parties; Students stumbling around campus looking half dead and very few of them making it to class. Like I said, just a regular Monday morning. Hell, even I considered skipping Health and Wellness class in order to go and get a double espresso. Unfortunately I couldn't risk lowering my GPA on something like that.

Maybe this would be a good time to tell you a bit about myself. I'm about 6'1" tall with chocolate skin and bleached blond hair. I bleach it because my natural color is actually a dirty brownish blond that no one believes is my real color anyway. I come from a mixed race family. My Dad was Haitian and my Mom was Mormon. That was meant as a joke if you can believe it, one that my parent's often told me when I was about five and I'd ask why they had different skin color. God, I miss them. We were living in California when a drunk driver killed them and I was sent here to Idaho to live with my Mom's parents. Even then I knew that life for me was pretty much over.

Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I'd feared, even though I wasn't any good at basketball, damn stereotypes, I was pretty good at soccer though it isn't a major sport it did at least keep me from being picked on by the jocks. Something that was always a concern considering my other problems; I'm a total comic fan boy, I actually preferred journalism to sports, and given the choice between a weekend of partying and an anime marathon I'd choose the anime subbed or dubbed every time. Perhaps my most damning secret that I've been careful to keep hidden even to this day is the fact that I'm gay. Though I suppose something as trivial as that doesn't really matter anymore. Anyway I'm really thankful of all the long hours of work I put in on Grandpa's farm. He was a traditionalist making sure that I had all the skills that any farmer might ever need right down to teaching me traditional blacksmithing and proper hunting and gathering. As he put it "You never know when things will collapse like in the Great Depression and such basic skills will not only keep you alive but will allow you to help others survive as well."

As I was saying I drove into class, skipping the espresso, since I really couldn't afford for my GPA to drop since I needed to get both my academics up so that I could afford to go to a real university for a degree in journalism and art. I was foolishly hoping to break into the entertainment world, preferably comics, or script writing. I don't really see that happening anymore. As I got to class I was rather surprised at how few classmates were there. Out of a class of thirty only four of us showed up. Dawna Jenkins, we went to school together but moved in different circles, and Brittany Sparks. All I know about Brittany is that she's got money and that she's sharing an apartment with Dawna. The other student was David Stone. I knew a bit about him since he was often ended up as my projects partner. He was working to get his basic studies out of the way while studying to improve his computer skills for a future IT degree. In the meantime he was part of the schools technical program working as an apprentice plumber so that he would at least have "a real world skill to fall back on if everything goes to hell".

Of course Mr. Steele, the Football coach and Health instructor, was there bright and early. He was constantly looking at his watch and grumbling that if any of his players missed class because they'd been out partying they'd be running wind sprints for a month. It wasn't until the janitor, Chuck, stumbled into the room with a bloody shovel and fire axe that we realized that something was really wrong. Needless to say we would have broke and run if Mr. Steele hadn't stopped us. It was quickly decided that not only was my vehicle the closest but I also had the fewest neighbors so my Grandparents farm would be our best bet as a place to hole up and plan out next move. Considering the fact that whatever turned so many people into the undead happened in the middle of the night and I always take the back roads there was no incidents on the drive home.

When we got here the first thing we did is board up the house as best we could then Dee and Sparks went to inventory the food supplies. Chuck and Steele took Gramps' old shotgun and headed out "to do a patrol" leaving David and myself to see what we could do about rounding up weapons. So far we've got an old revolver, hatchet, large pipe wrench, my pistol, and a fantasy long sword (likely useless) that I picked up at a yard sale. There are also two katanas that I made when I was in high school. Basically they're just a couple of metal rods pounded flat with an edge. I say edge but that's being overly charitable, still they're pointed and are better than nothing. I'm betting that one of our first trips will be to the gas station, man I'm glad I got oil in for the furnace a couple of weeks ago, in order to keep the generator running. After that we're going to need to hit the sporting goods stores and pawnshops for some decent weapons and ammunition.

ZDayIsaacJamesIrons.jpg

Awesome. Love the story, too.

Thanks, TENIME, I'm hoping to get the next section finished soon. Even though I have the characters and short descriptions of each I'm still not sure where to go next. As soon as I do I'll post the next character in the series.

Of course if anyone has a preference as to whom they'd like to see or hear about next let me know and I'll concentrate on that custom.

Survivor: Zombie Apocalypse (November 2, 0 Z.D.)

From the journal of Isaac Irons, day two:

It's strange; I know that the world has basically ended yet out her on the farm it just seems like any other day. Sure the power is out but then that isn't really that unusual. Anyway I spent most of last night wondering which one of us is likely going to die first. Steele seems to have some military training but he is way over the top with his rules and paranoia. It's my place yet he is strutting around like he's the one in charge. If he keeps this up I might not let him know about the bomb shelter and the caves running under the property.

Chuck, the janitor, seems level headed enough having fought off most of the creatures during our escape from the college but he's isolated himself in my old room or the grooms quarters in the barn. Even I have to agree with Steele that it is stupid to try and go it alone. With the undead about you really do need eyes in the back of your head if all the old movies are right.

David is acting stupid every time Dawna or Brittany is in the room. I swear if he doesn't back off a little he's going to end up dead, and I don't mean un-dead dead either. Around here, if he doesn't get his mind off repopulating the planet, he's likely to do himself in before the girls get a chance.

Speaking of the girls, in a stereotypical movie situation, they'd likely be the first to go but I'm certain this isn't one of those situations. Dawna is a country girl through and through. She was raised on the farm where everybody works and that tempers an individual. She isn't likely to just break and run at the first sign of trouble. Brittany on the other hand is obviously not prepared for the whole surviving off the land. If I had to place a wager I'd guess she is going to be the first to go. Still there is just something in her eyes that say, "bring it on and I'll show you what I can do".

Naturally I'm not including myself on the list since this is my journal. Therefore, if I die, it doesn't matter. Or perhaps I should just say since this is my story I can't die. Hah! Anyway, it's time to get up and start breakfast. I doubt anyone here knows a whole lot about cooking on a wood stove. Which reminds me, we'd better work out some sort of chore schedule because I'll be damned if I'm going to do all the work around here.

Day two continued:

Dee, that's what Dawna has asked us to call her, insisted that she was heading over to her parents farm to see if they're all right. Steele tried to talk her out of it but she insisted that she was going, even if it meant walking. Oh and I should mention that she has taken possession of one of the katanas and Sparks, that would be Brittany, took the other. Anyway since there was no talking her out of it I guess I'm going to have to take her over there. If we find her parents we'll bring them back here since my place is likely the most defensible in the area. While it is a risk in attracting unwanted attention we've spent the morning putting up the panel sides on the hay truck so that if we find anything usable we can load it up and bring it back with us. I suppose I'd better finish this up and get going. The last thing I want is to be out after dark.

Day two end:

I'm back, and I survived the trip, though it wasn't as successful as we had hoped. I spent about half an hour checking out the Jenkins barn and other buildings but I didn't find anything useful. Though I also didn't find any undead. There was a small pile of firewood by the barn that I loaded up and I siphoned enough gas to fill the truck's tank. At that point Dee came out of the house. She wanted my help with something so I followed her to the back yard. The sight was enough to make me loose my breakfast.

What was left of Mrs. Jenkins was scattered around the back porch and my old Katana was sticking out of the center of the former Mr. Jenkins head. Dee had already started to excavate a hole to bury the remains but she just couldn't keep going. While I picked up where she left off she went in and cleared out everything that we might be able to use and loaded it in the truck. When she was finished she came back and watched me dig for a while. Then she started telling me about her life. How she loved her parents even though they disowned her that spring when she and Sparks came out to them about being lovers. How she found them when we arrived and how she killed him. At that point rather than breaking down she stood up, took the shovel back, and started digging again.

I'm not sure if she even realized that she had outed herself to me but I felt like this would be the best time to tell her about myself. If nothing else then to take her mind off of what had just happened. She did sympathize with me when I pointed out that at least she has Sparks. All I'm left with is an old military nut, the crazy in the barn, and a guy that would find me absolutely repulsive but would be spending a lot of alone time just fantasizing about the Dee and Sparks together. She actually laughed at that and agreed with me. She then promised that she would find me a man even if it meant hunting down every last survivor on the planet until I found an acceptable mate.

Of course after that we got on with the grisly task of burying her parents. Even though I'm not religious, I had Dee get me her parent's bible and I read "The Lords Prayer" over the grave and asked God, though I may not be accepted into heaven, to at least watch accept Dee's parents since they were both good people before this trial was laid against us. Dee cried all the way back to the farm and immediately shut herself in her room with Sparks. I relayed what had happened to the rest of out little group, naturally leaving out the private details. I didn't feel like being around anyone after that so I slipped down here into the caves when the others went out to unload the truck. I really don't want any of them seeing me like this so I'm going to spend the night down here. Yeah, I'm just going to wrap myself around a bottle of Grandpa's finest 'shine and forget about reality for a while.

Dawna "Dee" Jenkins

ZDayDawnaJenkins.jpg