UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

Soooo...ummm... when are we gonna see Widow or Ms. Marvel?wub.png

I'm fairly certain this isn't what you want to see, I will not be doing any females in this series due to the fact that they are already well represented. While yes, those two characters are fairly conservatively dressed, my "swimsuit" series is going to be entirely male focused.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cap, just be glad I went with blue instead of the white. The white version was really disturbing.

I've considered a Wolverine custom since there are a number of shirtless variations and I hadn't considered Cyclops since he isn't an Avenger however I do have an extra Cyclops head so now the only problem is getting more naked chests and legs as I'm currently out of those parts.

I think i have a few extra parts to send your way if you'd like.

I think Cap would look better with a utility belt of some sort to help make him look “battle ready”

Other than that, these fan-f**king-tastic, I’m honestly wondering if I have enough flesh colored pieces to copy this idea for my own collection.

What about Speedo and Sunglasses Punisher?

Unfortunately I don't have any heads with sunglasses however after reading your request I did assemble a Locker Room Punisher. However, I will admit that I'm feeling a bit disturbed at what I came up with. (No pun intended!)

14495208818_aaba05a8a3_o.jpg

Punisher Locker Room by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

I think i have a few extra parts to send your way if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer ElGallo21, but it isn't so much a matter of finding the parts, but being able to afford to pick them up. My local Hastings still has three packs of Shanna and Reaper for plenty of arms and legs and a few Street Fighter X Tekken for a couple of chests.

I think Cap would look better with a utility belt of some sort to help make him look battle ready

Other than that, these fan-f**king-tastic, Im honestly wondering if I have enough flesh colored pieces to copy this idea for my own collection.

Yeah, I'm thinking of using the Fighting Chance Cap Belt withe the over sized pouches and giant "A" on the buckle as soon as I can afford it.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

That's golden! Where's that skull belt from? It reminds me of the old Spawn figs but I'm not sure.

When they're all done, you could photoshop them on a beach and make a calendar!

You got it in one. I cut it off from an original Spawn figure and glued it to a minimate belt.

Unfortunately photoshop is beyond both my computer and my abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

The last, for now, Marvel Swimsuit characters: Phoenix boy toys Wolverine and Cyclops, the Too Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, and Daredevil: Man without pants.

14577671888_83a20a3b95_o.jpg

swimsuits 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Then moving on to a group of random customs: AXIS Red Onslaught, Agent Barnes, Nova Zik, Gatherers Universe Gerret Lancaster the Golden Knight, and Z-Day survivor Videographer Carol White.

14577671968_e9225248e3_o.jpg

Marvels by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

If you make a calendar you should have Iron Man lying on his side with his helmet strategically placed in front of his crotch to make it look like he is naked lol.

I still need a few more customs before a calender became an option but even then I probably wouldn't go to the trouble of making one. While I have another couple of chest blocks on order the only additional character I have planned is Iron Fist and I have to wait until Best of wave 3 is released for the correct chest.

• 3 weeks later...

After watching Guardians of the Galaxy I decided to put together another little group of space misfits. However, this time I've made things a bit more challenging by trying to give each character a name that is also a song title. As you can see one custom has so far eluded finding a name and the others, aside from Cherry Bomb, are just place holders until something better comes along. Though I should point out that Imm-Age has to keep that particular part of his name to fit into already established continuity.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

14954987875_f2b8b37261_o.jpg

New by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

First thing that came to mind: Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird

some others:

George Baker Selection - Paloma Blanca

Mark Lindsay - Silver Bird (even though she's wearing gold)

Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin

Rick Dees & His Cast Of Idiots - Disco Duck

Ram Jam- Black Betty (just a throwing it out there cause I love the song)

The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane

Ben Kweller - Ann Disaster

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lodi (its pronounced low-die)

First thing that came to mind: Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird[/size]

some others:

George Baker Selection - Paloma Blanca[/size]

Mark Lindsay - Silver Bird (even though she's wearing gold) [/size]

Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin[/size]

Rick Dees & His Cast Of Idiots - Disco Duck[/size]

Ram Jam- Black Betty (just a throwing it out there cause I love the song)

The Rolling Stones - Lady Jane

Ben Kweller - Ann Disaster

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lodi (its pronounced low-die)

Free Bird does tend to jump to the top of the list but the problem is that the song doesn't really fit the character. The same with Rockin' Robin and Lodi. So far those are the only songs that are in my collection so I'll have to listen to the others to see if they fit. So far the closest I've gotten to a place holder for her is Steppenwolf's Jupiter's Child.

As frustrating as it has been trying to get names and songs that fit it has also been fun at the same time.

So I'm getting closer to finalizing the names for the crew of the Vapor Trails. However, I want to post a couple of customs that that have been waiting for the parts needed for completion. First up Nightcrawler in the fur for the swimsuit line and the other is my Prototype Captain Falcon. Falcap has been finished since about an hour after the news that he would be the next Captain America but I was waiting to get a movie Falcon to give him those wings. That was a mistake because he was an overloaded mess so I've settled on keeping this version as his prototype suit until the new version was ready for him.

14873774350_475fa6f6b0_o.jpg

new customs by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Now on to the mercenary crew of the Vapor Trails: Cherry Bomb, Just'N Imm-Age, Wild One, Downtime, and Johnny B. Goode. I'm still working on the name for the Skrull member of the team but I've narrowed the field down to Cinnamon Girl by Type O Negative, Cosmic Castaway by Electrasy, or Renegade Survivor by The Wailing Souls.

14873774240_eac3286190_o.jpg

Vapor Trails Crew by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Thanks, Kostis.

If only more of those parts were from Sif. Still from the first look at the SDCC Red Riding Hood the need to turn the parts into a custom called to me no matter that I had to pay so much to get her. Though I suppose I can't really complain, considering I paid the same amount just to get the two Robocop pistols to complete her.

Thanks, TENIME. Though I reeally should have looked closer before I started cutting. Senator Kelly was supposed to get the jacket with the black tie and Mystique should have had the blue tie.

I also agree that of the three songs, Cosmic Castaway probably works best with the character. At some point I need to remember to take a picture of her in her transformed state with Sauron/Reaper's wing hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First up are a couple of WIPs.

Legendary Star Lord (626) really needs an appropriate jacket.

Ordinarily I'm not a fan of the Ultimate Universe but after All New Angel runs into Jimmy Hudson in the Ultimate Savage Land I had to do a quick custom. He still needs a lighter colored shoulder harness but that will have to wait for wave 60.

15558875571_d844513f18_o.jpg

WIPS by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Now for my completed customs first up is Drax in Ravager uniform. Then for a bit of fun, what with all the Spider-Men from different universes popping up I decided to toss together one of my own The Magnificent Spider-Mage.

15558875641_a35f1ebe4e_o.jpg

Customs by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr