Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

Secret Agenda Universe

Codename: Death

File Name: Doe, John

Classification: Human, Immortal

Hometown: Unknown, possibly none

Primary Specialty: Drifter

Team Affiliation: None

Hi, I'm death. A bit melodramatic I know, but that's the truth whether you want to believe it or not. You see I had . . . have a mission; I've got to remember that I can't fail even if I want to. I'm a screw-up; I readily admit that fact. Now what if I told you that the mission I have to complete is to bring about the extinction of the human species? Not just in your reality but in all parallel realities and dimensions. Now the kicker, I have no special skills, knowledge, weapons or even access to them. At least no more access that the average person on the street. Oh, and lest I forget, I have absolutely no records of ever existing. All I have is my mission and my memories of a meeting with God.

God, now there's a bitch if there ever was one. Forget the notions of just about every representation of God because none of them are anything like the reality. It simply is. Now I know what you're thinking, if God wanted humanity extinct he'd just wipe us out right? Well it isn't that simple, It is made up of the energies of all living things but it has little to no real power.

I don't even know why It wants humanity destroyed, but when I fail I just end up starting over with about ten minutes of memories of failing. Eventually most start to overlap and the numbers become impossible to count. I know that many of them end up with me locked in a padded room drugged and seemingly forgotten. Those are the good memories where I just pass from one state into another. The really bad ones are where my mission succeeds I get to witness the pain and suffering.

So, why am I telling you all this? It's because I've decide that I quit and God can go find Itself some new whipping boy. It's not like I have to worry about going to Hell since I'm already living it. For once I want to have some good memories and I intend to make a few.

8773722461_9fd26930b0.jpg

SOH John Doe 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very rare for me to do a custom of an existing character, mainly because I know that there is a good chance that I'll eventually be able to get an official version, however that's exactly what I'm hoping for with Hulkling. Actually I'm hoping for at least a Young Avengers Box set but a whole wave would be better.

8945146647_d854940ea4.jpg

Hulkling 03 by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Oh, sh**, that is PERFECTION.

But that's what I like about Quick Customs. They fill the hole, but if the official comes out, you didn't permanently alter anything.

Parts list? Hawkeye's chest, Hulk bits, Annihilus wings...whose hair and whose boots & shoulder pads on the "Skrull-ed Out" version?

Thank's TM2 Dinobot, but even with my limited painting skills flesh tones are the bane of my existence. I actually have had better luck with white paint than with flesh.

TENEME_art, I'm glad you're impressed with Hulkling and I can only say that I wish he was a Quick Custom. Unfortunately that isn't the case. The shoulder pads are from Skadi in the Worthy box set with the neck area cut out leaving just a small strip across the back of the shoulders. First Class Angel's wing mount, with the neck and waist holes slightly enlarged, hold the pads in place. The hair is from Venom TTA Ann Weying and the boots are from the Playstation Resistance pack Nathan Hale.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks now and I've decided to give up on my research paper. Frankly I just don't think there's anyone around anymore that would be interested in reading about Geek Culture. Not to mention that it has been really difficult to study my subjects' reliance on creating fantasy identities for themselves as an escape from reality when the boundary between reality and fantasy ceased to exist. Still, for the sake of my own sanity, or as my own way of escaping from the constant terror that reality has become, I've decided to keep a record of our travels.

First off, a bit about myself; by name is Ellie Brokenbranch though the troupe insists on calling me Ironwood and I used to be sociology major. The troupe I'm referring to was a local LARP (Live Action Role Playing) group that I had convinced to let me write a research paper about. I'd gotten the idea from a popular "Geek" sitcom and I thought it would be interesting to learn why highly intelligent grown men would choose to dress in elaborate, and often highly expensive, costumes and then go out into the park or forest and wander around pretending to be someone else.

Finding a group was easy enough but convincing them to let me study them from a scientific basis proved much more difficult. In the end I had to agree to actually join them in their fantasy world. To that end I had to create a character and put together a costume. They assured me that since this would be my first time the costume didn't have to be overly elaborate or expensive it just had give a vague idea as to my character class. The character I created was that of a druid shaman combination since I felt I had the best chance of "getting into character. Thank you Nana for forcing me to learn the old tribal ways while I was growing up. Not only did it help me get into character but also it has been a lifesaver for what came later.

The troupe met up before sunrise in order to really mage an event of the outing since they wanted to "break in" a new member as well as make sure I had plenty of research material. To tell the truth I still think they did it because they figured that they'd never get another chance to have a "real woman" go on a "quest" with them.

Ellie Brokenbranch or The Shaman Ironwood

9031669040_14cdee8d2a.jpg

Z Day Ironwood by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

We arrived at the quest location, or so I thought, just after sunrise. There were a couple of tents and a motor-home at the campsite so I asked Branden, the group's DM or dungeon master, if he had planned on other people being around while we went on our quest. He just laughed and told me that were still fifteen minutes from the location where we'd be questing. However, since this was the closest campground with an outhouse the group would be changing into costume here. At least they would be mostly changing things like capes, armor, and weapons they'd save until they were on site. Plus there was the fact that it was still a bit chill out so a couple of the troupe would keep their heavier clothing on until it warmed up a bit more.

After changing he told me that he played a monk, or hand-to-hand fighter. This left him free to consult his books and dice should they be needed. Then he told me each character's name and role as they changed. Fleet, their newest team member would be playing a thief. Ultimas played a barbarian and as soon as it warmed up he'd take off his X-Men shirt in order to be "in character". Master Talmun was their primary magic user and had focused on neutral magic allowing him a limited set of healing spells as well as defensive and offensive magic but for the time I'd be with the group he'd be focusing on darker magic since I, as a shaman would be playing the healer role. Finally came Sir Wulfric the knight dressed in what I at first thought was full chain mail. On closer inspection I realized that it was just a very silvery cloth with a chain print. Guage quickly pointed out that Wulfric had started with the real thing but with the addition of his armor quickly discovered that it only took a few minutes before he was too exhausted to continue.

At that point I took advantage of the facilities, since I wasn't sure how long it would be before we returned to civilization. Once finished I crawled back into the car that had waited for me with Fleet and Talmun and we headed even deeper into the wilderness.

Branden Locke or the Monk Gauge

9045781857_653399decb.jpg

Z Day Gauge by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

While continuing to the questing location I got to know a bit about the group's newest member Ashton "Ash" Kumashito. He grew up in Japan under the constant supervision of his very demanding parents. While he wasn't at the very top of his class they did everything within their power to put him there. The instant he had a chance to go to an American university he made sure to introduce the topic to his parents very carefully in order to make it happen. Since starting classes he has been able to maintain his high grades as well as do many of the things his parents wouldn't consider academically important. He told me that if his parents were to find out that he was making friends and playing video games they'd have heart attacks. However, if they ever discovered that he was spending a day doing nothing but wandering around pretending to be a thief they would have him on a plane home even if it meant breaking the law to make it happen. Not that it matter now, but I promised him that I wouldn't use his real name in my paper.

While this quest would be his first quest with the group he had been playing traditional role-playing games with them for a couple of months and had enjoyed the experience. He decided to make his character a thief simply because it was so far outside his normal life that it would a challenge to really do the character justice. He even told me that he has been learning how to fight using knives and has spent hours researching and practicing picking locks. That was the main reason that he didn't yet have a "real" thief's garb. His parents controlled what money he received and he had already spent what little of it he had leftover after living expenses on his research. While I was a bit concerned about anyone that would put that much time into questionable practices I've since come to appreciate Fleet's skills.

I was about to start my interview with Talmun when we arrived at the site where the group had planned to go questing. What we found was a grisly scene right out of my worst nightmares.

Ashton "Ash" Kumashito or Fleet the Thief

9065202372_fc24a2b983.jpg

Z Day Fleet by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

As we came around the corner we discovered Wulfric's car smashed into a tree as surrounded by . . . even now I don't want to write out what we've been dealing with. Zombies. There, I've done it. Anyway, two adults and two children were trying to get into the car and the remains of a teenager, was dragging himself toward the car as well. Talmun quickly rolled down his window and started shouting while blowing his horn. The family quickly turned away from the wrecked car and started shambling toward us. Talmun slowly backed up keeping the creatures just out of reach of the car. I was so busy screaming for him to get us out of there that I didn't realize that he had a plan. Before we had even made it around the corner Wulfric and Ultimas seemed to just appear and end the problem. While their weapons may not have had sharp edges the dull swords still had enough blunt force to make a mess of the creatures. They pulled the bodies off to the side of the road and Talmun drove back down next to the wrecked car.

I don't know how long I sat there in the car. In fact what I do remember is short flashes of what happened next. I remember Guage and Fleet searching the creature's camp while Ultimas and Wulfric transferred everything out of Wulfric's car into the trunk. I also remember and Talmun sitting with me trying to keep me from going into shock. Next I remember being alone in the car while the group argued about something. I later learned they were arguing about it being survival or looting taking things from the people they had just dispatched. Eventually the group decided, since Wulfric's car wasn't going anywhere that they'd take the family's pick-up and everything they could load into it. However, they would turn it over to the police if it turned out that the zombie infestation was limited to just the one campsite.

When next I became aware of my surroundings we were pulling back into the campground where everyone had changed into costume. Talmun had his window down again and I could hear thunder. Seconds later Fleet pressed a gun into my hands and told me if any zombies tried to get me then use it. In that instant reality seemed to snap into focus. A group of ten zombies were coming toward us. Talmun had stopped the car and was reloading while Gauge was shooting from the passenger side of the pick-up. I'm not sure what came over me but I opened my door, stepped out, and emptied the pistol. It seemed I'd gotten over my shock. The rest of the group just stared at me as I started toward the camp. I quickly pointed out that all the noise was likely to draw in more of the creatures and if we were going to survive we'd need to collect all the supplies we could whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Jordan Sutherland or the Mage known as Master Talmun

9075077142_5e6cd28f62.jpg

Z Day Master Talmun by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

We quickly decided to abandon Talmun's car and the pick-up in trade for an SUV and a motor home. While both would take more fuel if anything happened we could easily abandon one or the other and still all fit into a single vehicle. As we packed up there was another vote as to where we should go. While several possibilities were mentioned we finally decided to head north in search of an area of low population density where we'd have a better chance of survival. While a final destination wasn't mentioned I planned on heading for Idaho where, I may still have some surviving relatives. We all agreed that it would be best to avoid towns and cities as much as possible. We headed with me driving the SUV and Ultimas navigating while the rest of the group followed in the motor home.

As we were driving I learned that Ultimas' real name was Diego Martinez and that if we really wanted to survive we should head for Idaho. He told me that, while he didn't have any relatives there he had lived there for a while and he knew of a few places that would likely suit our needs.

Diego Martinez or the Barbarian Ultimas

9075077156_55fc06c831.jpg

Z Day Ultimas by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Nice work, you really go the extra mile in bringing these mates to life with your writing.

Thanks, Phiz. You know, today I was putting a few parts together and when I took a moment to really look over what I'd assembled. I quickly came to the conclusion that I have absolutely no taste and no skill at making customs. However, by creating stories and settings I've been able to delude myself into believing otherwise. So, until my muse stops singing, I'm going to continue living in this blissful state of delusion. Now, on with the story!

Kieran Masters or Sir Wulfric is still mostly a mystery to me. He's nice enough but he refuses to talk about his past. In fact I only know his real name because Gauge told it to me. From what I've been able to gather he didn't have a bad childhood. He has no family and what shuffled from foster home to foster home until he aged out of the system. He was able to get into the university through grants and working several jobs. Until joining the role playing troupe avoided just most social activities. The only reason he was in the troupe was because he was sharing an apartment with Ultimas and Talmun.

While we've been traveling he has proven that his less that ideal childhood has been a blessing. I've lost track of the number of cars he's hotwired in order to move them off the road so that we could keep the motor home on the road. He was also the one to prove that all we needed to keep the vehicle's gas tanks full is a bucket and a screwdriver. He is also nearly as accomplished with a gun as I am and so far as I've seen he is unsurpassed with his long sword.

So, like I said when I started writing it's been a couple of weeks since the outbreak started and we've been making rather poor time. Most of our time has been wasted moving vehicles off the road and the rest has been spent avoiding Zombies and worse yet other bands of survivors that have no problems treating other living humans the same as zombies.

Now that this journal is up to date I'm going to have to take a break from writing since it is my turn to take a driving shift. Oh, one last thing we're planning on hitting a couple of stores or service stations in the next day or two. While we have enough supplies to survive for a few more days we're starting to run low on bottled water and worse yet toilet paper.

Kieran Masters or the knight Sir Wulfric

9075077184_b1a43b4b7a.jpg

Z Day Sir Wulfric by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Prowl-Ar, I am really feeling like I am part of the world you are creating with the troupe and the zombie take-over.

You have some way to make your creations feel like they were created after you wrote the story behind each one.

I am still working on my Children of Oberon tale but I have been busy and not able to finish a few of the mates I have started.

Thank you for sharing your tale and customs. I always enjoy your posts, but I am curious what has happened with your Neo-Olympian tales?

Thank you!

Prowl-Ar, I am really feeling like I am part of the world you are creating with the troupe and the zombie take-over.

You have some way to make your creations feel like they were created after you wrote the story behind each one.

Thank you for sharing your tale and customs. I always enjoy your posts, but I am curious what has happened with your Neo-Olympian tales?

Thank you!

Thank you and you're welcome.

I'm not going to say that any of my custom lines have ended due to the fact that I never know what the muse is going to want me to work on. Until I put together the LARP survivors group I'd have said I was finished with my Z-Day customs. For now I have no plans to revisit the Neo-Olympians but that could change at any time. Currently I have three XL universe characters to write stories for and a new team of seven characters for the ThunderForces (Thundercats) universe. While the characters may still be in development I know that the Team will likely be named The Misfits. They are a team of villain wannabes that more often than not end up being heroes no matter how much they try to be bad. So far I even have one character named. I'm hoping to have some real fun with this group after all how could I now with a character that calls herself Dystopia but everyone else knows her better as The Bubblegum Princess.

Now on to my final character for the Geek Zombie Survivors. Just as an aside this character is loosely based on a real geek. I only hope he gets a laugh out of my little story.

Today has been a good day. We came across a rest area that hadn't yet been scavenged. While the toilet paper isn't the best that was ever made it is a bit of heaven on earth considering the fact that it could be some of the last rolls in existence. By the time we had collected nearly all the rolls, as a group we decided that it was only right to leave a roll for the men side and the ladies side, Fleet had popped open the two bottled drinks dispensers. While we worked the bottles out Fleet moved on to the maintenance shed. He returned with the biggest smile I'd seen in days. Inside the shed he found, two cases of bottled water, three cases of the cheap toilet paper, and a four pack of two ply quilted heaven. He also found ten gallons of gas, a generator, and cleaning supplies.

Ultimas took one of the five-gallon gas cans and split it between the two vehicles before he moved the RV to the septic transfer system to pump it out. As he was working on that Wolfric hooked up the water lines and Talmun started the utility shed's generator. They were just about finished when Gauge, who had been keeping watch from the top of the RV, yelled for all of us to take cover. Seconds later another RV pulled into the rest area. The Toyota Dolphin rolled to a stop well back from our position.

A single individual wearing a gas mask stepped out. He very slowly took off his gun belt and placed it on the hood before stepping away. He lifted his mask and yelled out that he was only passing through and wondered if we would be willing to trade. He had canned food and ammunition and he was looking for water and gas.

After a quick discussion we decided that he could have whatever gas was left once we'd topped of the water tanks and he could use that to either fuel his vehicle or use it in the generator to fill his own water tanks. We ended up trading him the fuel for six cans of mandarin oranges and a comic book. Oh, I'd better correct that, it was a graphic novel. I'd have thought more food would have been the better choice but no, I had to end up in a survival situation with a group of geeks. I suppose I should just be happy that it was about alien animals invading the earth rather than a zombie apocalypse.

Anyway the "graphic novel" seemed to create some sort of geek pact so now Montana "Monte" Williamson has joined our little group of survivors. Seeing as he's going to be traveling with us I decided to get to know him a bit better. It seems he was on his way to the airport after visiting friends in Booneville when the event took place. His first thought was to call his wife and daughter; miraculously he was able to get through to her before the phone lines went down. She assured him that they were safe. Now his only purpose is to make it back to Idaho in order to be with them. Finally I asked him about his gas mask, which he never completely takes off, but doesn't have any filters. He just smiled and told me that he has something to live for and that there is no way he was willing to risk being infected by splatter when chopping up a zombie. I would have been satisfied with that but he then had to prove that he was also a geek by telling me that the mask made it easier for him to deal with having to kill the undead. It allowed him to get into the character of Souvenir one of his favorite action figure customs.

Montana "Monte" Williamson or the zombie killer Souvenir

9097141815_0f2e934f8a.jpg

Z Day Monte by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr

Ha! Monte! Yes!

The nod seemed appropriate considering the number of accessories that he provided the last couple of months. He like the look of the custom when I posted it as a WIP so all I had to do was work him into the story. About the only thing the custom currently lacks would be a couple of Puppet Master's micromates for custom figures and a blowtorch or at the very least a box of matches. When I get them I might even carefully singe one up just to add to the realism. LOL

Ha! Monte! Yes!

The nod seemed appropriate considering the number of accessories that he provided the last couple of months. He like the look of the custom when I posted it as a WIP so all I had to do was work him into the story. About the only thing the custom currently lacks would be a couple of Puppet Master's micromates for custom figures and a blowtorch or at the very least a box of matches. When I get them I might even carefully singe one up just to add to the realism. LOL

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Name: K'Tarr

Federation Member Race: Caitian

Commander K'tarr served with distinction aboard the Akira Class Starship Thunderchild during the Battle of Sector 001. After the battle K'tarr was promoted, and even though he tried to decline the honor, he was given command of his own Akira Class vessel. Unlike most other Caitians, K'Tarr is highly skilled in martial arts and swordsmanship. While a Starfleet cadet he learned the skills, not as a fighter but as a form of physical art, never imagining that he would ever use them in combat. However, while fighting against Borg drones he quickly discovered that a sharp blade is often harder for them to adapt to than energy weapons.

9442617844_9d07e75a6e.jpg

Star Trek Captain K'Tarr by Prowl-Ar, on Flickr