UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Prowl-Ar's Customs: Last and Galactic Avengers

Codename: Oggle

Classification: Jelly

Oggle is an interesting specimen. It seems that his species are genetically created to invade other worlds using mechanical suits that are built to replicate the dominant native inhabitants. Once the suit is complete an Og is inserted into the head container and then grows into place with its nervous system growing through the microscopic channels in the suit to become an Oggle. The brain develops in the heavily armored chest cavity with only a small mount of the creature including its eyestalk on the outside. Also of not is the fact that any damaged portions of the Og will regenerate as long as there is at least ten percent of the nerve tissue remaining.

What its creators didn't realize is that Oggle would find Earth to be more value to it as it was. One of its missions was to disrupt worldwide communications so it opened a link into the Internet, and discovered the vast worlds of Internet gaming. Addiction was almost instantaneous it quickly reported back to its creators that microbial life on Earth was deadly to them and that Earth would never be a suitable colony. The life form came to the attention of A51 when it hacked in to let us know it was here on Earth and wanted to turn itself in as long as we provided free gaming access. It's on the A51 Mercenary team in order to help pay for the astronomical fees that it runs up every month.

Oggle is considered a non-threat as long as new games and expansion packs are provided to it on a regular basis.

Oggle.jpg

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Bob Harris and boyd, Oggle was a fun custom to create but I'm still not sure if he was worth the cost of a new Lego set just to get that head. The Atlantis sets I picked up on clearance so they didn't eat into my minimate budget quite so badly. Still, my nephew likes Lego and is still at the stage where he doesn't really care if the set is complete since he's getting something new.

So next up is my customs of Terminator Shadowcat from Excalibur 67 and my version of Forge.

MarvelShadowcatandForge.jpg

First up is a couple of customs that just about everyone has already done in one form or another, New Mutants Cypher and Sunspot.

MarvelCypherandSunspot.jpg

Next up are Malibu/Marvel's Nightman (WIP) and Naruto's Might Guy.

WIPNightmanandNarutosMightGuy.jpg

Then my WIP's of Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever.

WIPBallistic.jpg

My quick custom of The Question.

DCTheQuestion03.jpg

Finally a pair of WIP A51 Aliens.

WIPAliens.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ordinarily I try to avoid making G.I. Joe customs due to the fact that there are so many characters to choose from. However having received and extra Sony Jak and Daxter as well as having parts left over from several Hydra troopers and a hand ninja this custom literally created itself even before I added paint.

IceViper01.jpg

that Ice viper is perfect.I hope you dont mind i already made a couple to go with my joes LOL

Really nice Ice Viper and Outback. You're making me wish there were official G.I.Joe Minimates.

Thank you, fortunately official Joes are highly unlikely since I'd never be able to afford to keep up with them. There are just too many characters that I'd want and too many more where I'd have to have multiples to recreate both my 3" customs from my childhood and my run of Sigma 6 8" customs. It's hard enough just to keep up with the Marvel line and now I'm going to have the MvC3 line as well.

that Ice viper is perfect.I hope you dont mind i already made a couple to go with my joes LOL

Thanks, and I don't mind at all. :biggrin:

Now that I've finished with my Joes once again I'll move on to the new member of the A51 group. Klankster was created under the influence of painkillers. While he isn't as strange as Otthor I had considered returning the characters to their component parts for later customs but they've started to grow on me so I'm going to go ahead and post them.

Codename: Klankster, Destroyer of Worlds

Classification: Robot

When the parts that were recovered from Klankster's crash site were brought on the base every single one of the inmates begged to be allowed to evacuate the planet before it was too late. Everyone had a different name for the machine but no matter what name they gave it they all agreed that its title was The Destroyer of Worlds. The name is appropriate considering the records that we were able to download from the remains. Klankster was created to find worlds capable of supporting life and clear any sapient or semi-sapient beings before moving on to the next planet. Once he was finished his creators would move in and colonize the planet.

Eventually Kankster had received sufficient damage that his programming directed him to return to his planet of origin. When he arrived he followed his programming and exterminated his creators. He repaired himself to the best of his abilities and then returned to his primary mission. He has destroyed thousands of civilizations, perhaps hundreds of thousands. On reviewing his memory it was decided that the parts should be melted down to guarantee that he could never pose a threat to Earth. Unfortunately my recommendation was rejected and the robot was completely repaired. The technicians insist that he has had a full memory wipe and he is now completely under their control. The Master, then assigned Klankster, to the A51 team.

If I had my way it would be melted down, the slag would then be molded into ball bearings, divided into no less that a hundred separate deep space probes, and then sent in a hundred separate directions. Unfortunately I'm just the commander of this team and I have no pull. So until I receive new orders, Klankster is a part of the A51 team. However I still want it on the record that I believe that eventually the techs will make a mistake or Klankster will have his memory rebooted and that will be the extinction of mankind.

Klankster03.jpg

Returning to the Gender Reversed Universe, the Force Works team gains two new members.

X.S.E. Strike File: Mr. Marvel (Carl Danvers)

The return of Mr. Marvel is surprising though not completely unexpected. Carl Danvers was a SHIELD agent before gaining his super powers. After he gained his abilities of flight and nigh invulnerability he joined the Avengers until the mutant Rogue stole them leaving him human once more. According to our records he left the planet along with most of the alien half-breeds. Now that he has returned he seems to have an additional ability to absorb and re-channel energy making him nearly impossible to kill. Perhaps the most disturbing revelation about his return is the fact that he has joined the Force Works team. With this one addition the team has now been elevated to the same power class as the X-Avengers and X-Factor. Until Further notice, while engaging the Force Works team, Danvers rather than Pryde is the highest priority target. Use all means to eliminate him.

MrMarvel01.jpg

MrMarvel04.jpg

X.S.E. Stirke File: Otthor

Otthor is just one of the reasons that we have to eliminate the X-Avenger Thunderstrike. According to the limited information we've been able to obtain Otthor was once an ordinary otter whom Loki trapped Lady Thor's essence inside. Unfortunately the otter came into contact with Lady Thor's hammer and was immediately transformed. Eventually Lady Thor was released from this prison and it was believed that the otter went back to his mortal existence. It seems this wasn't what happened. Otthor was changed by the Asgardian energies and has continued to live an unusually long time for his species.

Thunderstrike has recently tracked him down and gifted him with a new Asgardian hammer. Once again powered by powers of the false gods Otthor joined Force Works. Since then he has been exposed to Pym particles and has grown to a larger than human stature. Otthor isn't much of a threat as long as the "God Killer" ammunition is used. What is a danger is the fact that Thunderstrike seems to have the ability to track down individuals that have been exposed to Asgardian energies and transform them into new false gods. Every effort is being made to track down any human that may have been exposed and quarantine them for the protection of all humanity.

Otthor01.jpg

Otters, even those with the powers of Thor shouldn't play with Pym Particles

Otthor02.jpg

Now for a bonus custom. I want Battle Beast minimates and if that means butchering an original so be it.

bbmm04.jpg

Alas, poor Sabre Sword Tiger/Platinum Tiger, though your rub sign and arms were lost to time at least you were still a Battle Beast. Now you are nothing more than a few hacked up parts.

bbmm03.jpg

Wow, I can honestly say I never thought I'd see anyone make Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever customs. Nice work though!

I found the dvd in a $1.99 bin and after watching it I knew that official mates were very unlikely but at the same time very easy to make customs of. I've decided to call them complete, though; since there isn't a trench coat that is going to work with Sever's hair.

Otthor ftw! :biggrin:

And that Battle Beast of yours came out pretty well.

Thank you. Now they just need to make a Throg and with the upcoming Thunderstrike I'll be able to create the strangest Thor Corp. the world has seen.

I was actually rather surprised at how well I actually did on the BB. It turned out better than my fingers and the blood washed off easier than the years of grime.

I've bookmarked the link. Considering the state of my fingers I think that bio-hazard one would be perfect. Unfortunately getting any would cut a little too deeply into my minimate budget and I'm still behind, what with all the great waves released lately. However, it is something I'll may consider in the future if I find any more BB's at the thrift stores or yard sales in better condition.

X.S.E. Strike Files: X-Patriots

The X-Patriots are a group of heroes from many different nationalities. Though their own nations disavow any connection to the group it is believed that, at least some, representative governments are covertly funding their actions. Most notably Israel, the United Kingdom, and Germany. The team formed, after the breakup of Excalibur, by Elizabeth Braddok (Captain Britain) and Madison Jeffries (Metalsmith). While it would seem like the group would quickly implode due to the members political and religious differences it hasn't. In fact the group seems to be growing stronger as more super powered individuals join. While we cannot directly attack the X-Patriots while they are not on American soil we are exhausting all indirect options of removal as well as putting pressure on their home nations to end their terrorist activities.

Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock)

Country of Origin: Great Britain

Powers: Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, reflexes, enhanced perception, and flight.

Captain Britain formed the X-Patriots shortly after Excalibur was disbanded. She put the team together as a protest against the X.S.E.'s takeover of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately until the United Kingdom agrees that she is a terrorist we can only defend against her attacks on foreign soil. If she enters any country that has joined our cause, take her down fast before she can get out. Her powers make her a formidable opponent however we've taken down stronger. Heavy weapons and god killers should be effective.

CaptBritain03.jpg

X.S.E. Strike File: U.S. Agent (Jane Walker)

Country of Origin: United States of America

Powers: Superhuman strength, agility, reflexes, and endurance

The traitor Jane Walker is perhaps one of our greatest losses. We had hoped that she would take Captain America's place as she had in the past however she instead decided to fight against us. Because her identity is publicly known her decision to become the X-Patriots' second in command has placed the seeds of doubt about the X.S.E.'s policies in the minds of all Americans. Perhaps the greatest blow was her declaration that until the United States was once again a free country she could no longer wear the stars and stripes on her uniform. Unlike the other "heroes" we're actively hunting Walker must be taken alive to stand trial for treason. Even though the verdict has already been decided we've got to make an example of her. Therefore only non-lethal force can be used.

USAgent01.jpg

I think that was a very noble thing the Battle Beast did, sacrificing themselves and allowing you to use their parts in your custom. :)

I'm surprised how nice the original pieces matched up with a Minimate. Looks great.

Thanks, boyd.

Considering the condition that the original was in I'm actually surprised it came out as well as it did.

My reasoning behind the custom was just to prove to myself that the mates could be done without going to the extremes in armor that the BBgater did. All they really need are animal heads like Beta Ray Bill and the Halo Jakal, heavy boots with animal feet, belt armor with attached tails maybe a ball on the back with a socket in the tail base to give it a bit of movement and a selection of armor the size of the Halo Spartans for light weight animals like dogs and cats.

Since they can't seem to figure out the best way to market them I worked out what I figured would be the best way to do it. Package them like the MAX Line with a large selection of weapons (Original style swords and guns (like the Laser Beast series) and extra armor and sell them at retail as a collect and build toy line. Maybe four regular packs with a fifth special edition with exclusive colored weapons and armor for the collectors. That would allow everyone a chance to at least get the standard characters. Then TRU could have an exclusive 4 pack with three of the standard characters in alternate colors with the fourth being a heavy armor animal (Elephant, Rhino, Alligator, Dinosaur). Comic Shops would also get a four pack with the other three standard release animals in exclusive colored armor and an exclusive heavy armor Animal.

But hey, what do I know I just buy doubles of the things to have one complete and then part out the other set for customs.

Arabian Maiden

Country of Origin: Saudi Arabia

Powers: None. All powers come from her equipment

The current Arabian Maiden is the third known individual to bear the title. The first two had three magic weapons a golden scimitar, an indestructible flying carpet, and an enchanted sash. The current maiden has had the carpet unwoven and then rewoven into her armor. This gives her limited invulnerability and allows her to fly. She still has her sash but it has been shortened and the part removed has reworked into a pouch that is reportedly a portal to the hidden cave of the Forty Thieves. The Scimitar can fire energy blasts and cannot be wielded by anyone other than the Maiden herself. This new Maiden has also found a mystic scarab shield that has the power to create an impenetrable force field around the maiden if held in a defensive posture across the chest. If it is held upwards if creates an invisibility field. When taking on the Maiden focus your fire on the exposed skin areas of the arms in order to take out her ability to use the scimitar and shield and then focus on head shots. No special weapons are needed since the Maiden is basically human.

ArabianMaiden01.jpg